F/A UA/US Reciprocal Jumpseating

Fly

Veteran
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
United and US Airways Agree to Cabin Seat Reciprocity Agreement

United Airlines has signed a Flight Attendant Reciprocal Cabin Seat Agreement with US Airways effective July 1, 2008 , in addition to an extended agreement with JetBlue that now has no expiration date.

In summary, the agreement provides:

United Flight Attendants with a crew badge will have access to free, space available economy seating on US Airways flights within the United States and U.S. Virgin Islands effective July 1.
US Airways Flight Attendants with a crew badge will have similar benefits on United effective July 1.
Priority on flights will first be given by each carrier to its own NRSA passengers (employees, retirees, buddy pass holders, ID 90, etc.)
Next, crewmembers participating in Reciprocal Agreements will be awarded space available seats on a "first come, first served" basis.
You can review cabin seat procedures for US Airways and JetBlue and general guidelines for travel on US Airways by clicking on the following links.

:up:

What's this "First come, first served" garbage? Don't they realize who they're dealing with?

Great news for a change! Does anyone know why they limit the jumpseat to domestic flights? Be great if we could do this to Europe, Asia, etc..

I am ONLY assuming but...............

I seems that these F/A cabin agreements are meant more for a means of commuting for work purposes than they are for leisure travel.

I seems that these F/A cabin agreements are meant more for a means of commuting for work purposes than they are for leisure travel.
That sounds about right.. Although I have heard of few crew members that commute from Europe to Philly.. Good luck with that! :lol:

i think these agreements should be available to all airline employees. i know in maint. we have displaced people commuting to work away from their home.

That is exactly their intent. You make it easier for F/As to get to work and you have less sick calls. It's a win/win for both sides.

I think part of the idea behind reciprocal jumpseat agreements is to have a warm body that has been through FA training, even if on dissimilar aircraft, on a jumpseat that would otherwise go empty.

I wouldn’t have a problem with other employee groups having jumpseat privileges, though. Heck, I remember the days when non-revs were put in the lav when we ran out of standing room in the cockpit.

I think part of the idea behind reciprocal jumpseat agreements is to have a warm body that has been through FA training, even if on dissimilar aircraft, on a jumpseat that would otherwise go empty.

I wouldn’t have a problem with other employee groups having jumpseat privileges, though. Heck, I remember the days when non-revs were put in the lav when we ran out of standing room in the cockpit.
from what i read it's ECONOMY CABIN SEATING.....not jumpseat