F/C in CRJs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Heard today from a friend at Eagle that some or all of the CRJ700s will be reconfigured with some F/C seats. They will all be assigned to ORD and will fly longer routes--such as ORD-DEN, ORD-SEA, etc. My friend said that Eagle instructors are being instructed themselves in F/C service. Meals? Is that possible on a CRJ?

To make this work within SCOPE, some AE routes are being reassigned to mainline. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this?

Heard today from a friend at Eagle that some or all of the CRJ700s will be reconfigured with some F/C seats. They will all be assigned to ORD and will fly longer routes--such as ORD-DEN, ORD-SEA, etc. My friend said that Eagle instructors are being instructed themselves in F/C service. Meals? Is that possible on a CRJ?

To make this work within SCOPE, some AE routes are being reassigned to mainline. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything like this?

There was some mention of this when the company annoucned the realignments (new flights in the hubs, reductions in STL and RDU). It mentioned that some markets which were a mix of both mainline and eagle would revert to all mainline (i.e. Pittsburgh-DFW). Additionally, Eagle is aquiring 20 more CRJ700s.

I think you can find specifics in JetNet

Thoughts on the AMR/American Airlines announcement
9:01 AM Thu, Sep 17, 2009
Terry Maxon/Reporter

Third, you have the American Eagle fleet changes. American Eagle will add a first-class cabin to its Bombardier CRJ-700s, and add 22 more CRJ-700s to its current fleet of 25.

full article here

By adding First class the seating configuration is less then 70.
That's how the company will comply with the limitations on non-APA flown 70 seat aircraft.

By adding First class the seating configuration is less then 70.
That's how the company will comply with the limitations on non-APA flown 70 seat aircraft.

Not really.
The SCOPE clause is based on certificated seating of an aircraft certified in the US or Europe, not what AA feels like to bust the agreement. A B777 with 69 seats would violate the clause.

Pure crappy legal advice on APa's part let the company order the additional Crap-Jets in violation of the intent of the SCOPE clause.

Funny thing is, they don't think it's cost them anything. I beg to differ B)

Not really.
The SCOPE clause is based on certificated seating of an aircraft certified in the US or Europe, not what AA feels like to bust the agreement. A B777 with 69 seats would violate the clause.

Pure crappy legal advice on APa's part let the company order the additional Crap-Jets in violation of the intent of the SCOPE clause.

Funny thing is, they don't think it's cost them anything. I beg to differ B)

Given the recent arbitrator decisions on the additional RJs (allowed by "secret verbal agreement" between Bombardier and AA) and the 7300 pilot floor (you can furlough every single AA pilot and it still won't trigger the restriction), I don't think it matters what the intent is or how specific the contract reads. It's obvious to me that there's something very rotten at the bottom of the barrel here.

I understand it's obvious to some, but why is it a bad thing to put FC on an Eagle plane?

First Class seats on Eagle planes isn't by itself bad; the bad part is that Eagle is acquiring 22 more 70-seat RJs (which I thought would violate the APA Scope Clause) and flying them on what look like mainline routes. These new RJs symbolize the refusal of AA and the APA to come to agreement on larger RJs (like 90-110 seaters) which AA really needs to bridge the size gap between 70 seat CR7s and 160 seat 738s (once the MD-80s are all gone).

I'd prefer that AA buy 73Gs, outfitted with about 12F/102Y and reach agreement with the APA that places the 73G on the mainline certificate and flown by APA pilots at reasonable rates.

Other airlines feature a few FC seats on their larger RJs - AA's actually at a disadvantage relative to DL and UA, both of which have first class cabins on larger RJs.

First Class seats on Eagle planes isn't by itself bad; the bad part is that Eagle is acquiring 22 more 70-seat RJs (which I thought would violate the APA Scope Clause) and flying them on what look like mainline routes. These new RJs symbolize the refusal of AA and the APA to come to agreement on larger RJs (like 90-110 seaters) which AA really needs to bridge the size gap between 70 seat CR7s and 160 seat 738s (once the MD-80s are all gone).

I'd prefer that AA buy 73Gs, outfitted with about 12F/102Y and reach agreement with the APA that places the 73G on the mainline certificate and flown by APA pilots at reasonable rates.

Other airlines feature a few FC seats on their larger RJs - AA's actually at a disadvantage relative to DL and UA, both of which have first class cabins on larger RJs.

I see. Well in that case, it would be interesting to see the large Rj's, 70-90 seaters, operated by Eagle with APA pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts