FA scheduling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 31, 2003
I have some questions for the resident flight attendants on the boards...

1. When you bid for trips, do you bid for one package each month, and each package is a full month''s worth of flights with different cities, days off, etc. Or do you instead bid for all the individual different trips that you''d like to fly that month? i.e., do you bid for a set of trips or each individual trip?

2. When you bid, do you bid for a premium cabin position or a coach cabin position so that it is assigned to you, or is this selected based on seniority when the crew first gets together at the start of the trip (i.e., you don''t know in advance whether you''ll be working premium or coach)?

3. Do you specifically bid for Purser/1st Flight Attendant/Onboard Service Leader/Service Manager, etc., or is this the job of the most senior FA. What extra details does this entail?

4. Do you fly with the same crew for the length of a trip? i.e., if you are on a three day trip, will you be with the same fellow FA''s over the three days, or are you on your own and meet up w/ different FA''s for each flight segment?

5. Does each trip or package consist of the same aircraft type or can you switch around aircraft types (i.e., an A319 for the first leg of the day then switch to a 757)?

6. Can you bid domestic and/or international? Or are you assigned to a specific domestic or international assignment and can''t switch at a whim?

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.