Faa Says Nw Safe

AMFAMAN said:
Well that just brought us full circle. The dc 10 was an engineering order/screwup and as the mechanic on the floor, unless you got some real good reason(enough to put your job on the line for) not to follow that order, you will.

I'm not going to go much deeper into this but from talking to layed off mechanics who are working at third party outfits, this is common practice to write the orders as needed and forced upon them daily. Being that they have no union backing, they comply with the order even though some are less then perfect.
[post="298588"][/post]​
understand this totally for your own self protection: engineers can and do screw up....if you feel a procedure isn't safe or compromises safety as ordered by your company engineering group,you still have the option of informing the FAA.in doing so ,if some litigation would come about,your having contacted the feds would most likely absolve you under whistleblower statutes.
i understand your point and realise your frustration......and the guys/gals working in a non union environment..... but realise wherever you are employed...union or non union you have unequivocable powers at your disposal that cannot be compromised at the management level no matter who you work for!
its called the FAA hotline.....and do not be afraid to use it.payphones do work now days if you are squeemish...and i don't chastise anyone for being afraid of reporting...but anonymous avenues are there....
heres only one venue available to you:

You really surprise me sometimes delldude. There is no doubt that there are other agencies out there that can do what these guys claim only a union can do. A call to the FAA hotline is going to get results a lot quicker than any union slug.

delldude said:
understand this totally for your own self protection: engineers can and do screw up....if you feel a procedure isn't safe or compromises safety as ordered by your company engineering group,you still have the option of informing the FAA.in doing so ,if some litigation would come about,your having contacted the feds would most likely absolve you under whistleblower statutes.
i understand your point and realise your frustration......and the guys/gals working in a non union environment..... but realise wherever you are employed...union or non union you have unequivocable powers at your disposal that cannot be compromised at the management level no matter who you work for!
its called the FAA hotline.....and do not be afraid to use it.payphones do work now days if you are squeemish...and i don't chastise anyone for being afraid of reporting...but anonymous avenues are there....
heres only one venue available to you:
[post="298878"][/post]​
Thanks for the info....After watching the feds at NWA, not sure about how much faith to have in them above the inspector level. ;) ;)

Back