Fact, You guys will complain about anything!

Under Wolf US ranked #1 in the Most Well Know University of IOWA rankings, US/HP is nothing like that and will never rank high for service and quality, Doug likes cheap.

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps you've forgotten the something like 5,000 consecutive TATL flights without a cancel under David Seigel

Like Dave Seigel is a saint. After the BOD paid him to leave he went to ruin Gate Gourmet. And you complain about Doug?

Perhaps you've forgotten the something like 5,000 consecutive TATL flights without a cancel under David Seigel

Like Dave Seigel is a saint. After the BOD paid him to leave he went to ruin Gate Gourmet. And you complain about Doug?

Irrelevant!

Point is that the current team hasn't and couldn't get 500 TATL flights without a cancel never-mind 5000

I've got 29 years in and it's been that way as long as I can remember. Even during the prosperous years of the mid to late 80's, the naysayers were trashing this airline up one side and down another. Sad thing is it's never going to change

I've got over 31 years, and I agree that it has always been the same, but for me only since 1987 when the announcement that USAir would buy Piedmont was made.

I think the naysayers have been correct all along, because I come from a company that was operated from the standpoint of impeccable customer service and employee relations that were the envy of the industry...even Southwest.

USAir(ways) has been plagued with clueless and/or greedy management since the Piedmont and PSA mergers. They have succeeded in taking a franchise that should have been the envy of the industry into the perennial also-ran. We are naysayers simply because it's the truth. Sadly. But the truth nevertheless.

We are naysayers simply because it's the truth. Sadly. But the truth nevertheless.

Not so much the truth, it's just easier to whine and complain

Reactions: 2 people
Comment below is merely an observation, and not referring to any specific person or group......

I once thought that if management and/or employees spent as much energy finding solutions to the issues at hand rather than just whining/complaining/badmouthing each other that just MAYBE some things could be fixed. Sadly, it appears that no one is interested in actually fixing the problems, and are just content to keep complaining.

While I am sure this is the case elsewhere, I do think the competition has a better track record of working together and listening to both employees and customers.

My BEST to you all...

Comment below is merely an observation, and not referring to any specific person or group......

I once thought that if management and/or employees spent as much energy finding solutions to the issues at hand rather than just whining/complaining/badmouthing each other that just MAYBE some things could be fixed. Sadly, it appears that no one is interested in actually fixing the problems, and are just content to keep complaining.

While I am sure this is the case elsewhere, I do think the competition has a better track record of working together and listening to both employees and customers.

My BEST to you all...

Very true Art. In Oct 2008, a rep from HR visited our station. I tried to talk with her about some of the service issues and other correctable problems facing US, I was asked "if you're unhappy here who don't you leave". Since further discussion was pointless I thanked her for her time and went back to work, but there those of us who do try

I've got over 31 years, and I agree that it has always been the same, but for me only since 1987 when the announcement that USAir would buy Piedmont was made.

I think the naysayers have been correct all along, because I come from a company that was operated from the standpoint of impeccable customer service and employee relations that were the envy of the industry...even Southwest.

USAir(ways) has been plagued with clueless and/or greedy management since the Piedmont and PSA mergers. They have succeeded in taking a franchise that should have been the envy of the industry into the perennial also-ran. We are naysayers simply because it's the truth. Sadly. But the truth nevertheless.

Easy there, fellow. You should remember that from a merger stand point, each side in the merger thinks they are the best. The old US Air wasn't as bad as you make it our. We were making money and getting cash bonuses at Christmas. We didn't want the merger any more than you, but after over 23 years, it's time to move on. We're all in this together now and we have to quit living in the past and work toward a better future for all of us.

My BEST to you all...

Art, I must take exception to your post. The employees here do a tremendous job and the statistics bear it out. For the most part, that has been true through the thick and thin of it. The only problem is with management, as the leadership needs to set the tone. If we had competent, respectful managers as leaders of this particular team of employees, we would have owned the industry by now instead of giving it up to SWA. Sorry to burst your bubble, but with rare exception, the front liners are NOT responsible in any way, shape or form for the mess that is US Airways.

Easy there, fellow. You should remember that from a merger stand point, each side in the merger thinks they are the best. The old US Air wasn't as bad as you make it our. We were making money and getting cash bonuses at Christmas. We didn't want the merger any more than you, but after over 23 years, it's time to move on. We're all in this together now and we have to quit living in the past and work toward a better future for all of us.

I think Colodny was probably a great airline manager for his time and market. He left once things got "interesting," and put the company in serious jeopardy with his choice of successor. It's been downhill since. You got your bonuses and high paychecks through the 1980s. It didn't last long once Seth got the helm, and that's where my inside perspective of this company started.

But it is an undisputable fact that this airline provides a better service now under this management than prior. It is also a fact that the companies financial shape is better under this management and that our jobs are more secure then ever! And no matter what other continued improvement are made you guys will beotch and moan about your lot in life and that’s a fact!

Better service under this management? I fell off my chair laughing so hard I think I broke my hip.

I flew your so called better service airline to FRA for Xmas. I have never in all my previous 10 years flying US have I met some of the snarkiest, b!TCHEST flight attendants EVER!!!!

BETTER SERVICE? BULLSH!T.

Doug Parker has destroyed US and I'm not the only past US1 that has stated this. Review all the complaints on here and flyertalk from those of us that used to fly this airline after HP and DP took over.

Personally, I would love to see US fade away. You seriously have the worst airline in this country.

Doug Parker has destroyed US and I'm not the only past US1 that has stated this. Review all the complaints on here and flyertalk from those of us that used to fly this airline after HP and DP took over.

Doug destroyed US? If it wasn't for Doug Parker. we would've liquidated back in 2005. Want Seigel back? No wait, you probably do

nycbusdriver,

As I stated in my disclaimer, my comment was not intended at any specific group. I FULLY realize how great most of the front liners are at US, and have always gone out of my way to support them. I agree the front line is NOT the issue on the customer facing side-the bulk of that fault DOES lie with management.

However, the labor discord and bitterness which underlies the front facing side of things cannot be blamed COMPLETELY on management and you know that. There is enough anger, stubbornness and lack of flexibility to go around to all groups.

And Newman, in some ways I can agree with my friend Trvlr64. Doug Parker may have done the merger, but he made decisions which drove away hoards of high yielding customers, and from a hard product point of view, US lags behind the rest significantly...which is probably ok with US management, because they can't decide whether they want to be an LCC or a legacy carrier - the lack of identity and direction in that regard is one of the biggest problems from the outside.

Until management can realize that employees and customers are assets rather than liabilities, nothing is going to change. And when THAT happens, labor needs to be willing to adjust to the new realities of the day. Should they be paid more? Absolutely. But some of the archaic work rules need to be changed.

My BEST to you all...

But it is an undisputable fact that this airline provides a better service now under this management than prior. It is also a fact that the companies financial shape is better under this management and that our jobs are more secure then ever! And no matter what other continued improvement are made you guys will beotch and moan about your lot in life and that’s a fact!

Hmmm...I couldn't care less either way, because I don't work for your airline. From a local observation, I won't vent your dirty laundry, but things aren't as rosy as you depict them.

Latest posts