• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
This is a very simple question. One which I am sure I know how the results will be cast. However, I am interested in the reasoning for those who believe that management has "earned" their compensation. I care not for the argument of management having it in their contract. The question is one about fairness and honesty.

Fairness in that this is a "shared sacrifice" to be enjoyed by management AND union.

Honesty in that we were given concessions to save the airline and that we would all either "share" in the survival or demise of AA.

Personally, I feel that NO MANAGEMENT employee should accept a bonus or raise till ALL EMPLOYEE's pay & compensations are returned to pre-concession levels.

This is a very simple question. One which I am sure I know how the results will be cast. However, I am interested in the reasoning for those who believe that management has "earned" their compensation. I care not for the argument of management having it in their contract. The question is one about fairness and honesty.

Fairness in that this is a "shared sacrifice" to be enjoyed by management AND union.

Honesty in that we were given concessions to save the airline and that we would all either "share" in the survival or demise of AA.

Personally, I feel that NO MANAGEMENT employee should accept a bonus or raise till ALL EMPLOYEE's pay & compensations are returned to pre-concession levels.

While I haven't cast a vote I thought I'd chime in.

At UAL the saying went, "Success or Failure are equally rewarded here". If the company was profitable management received their bonuses, if the company was doing poorly, management got "retention" bonuses. Good or Bad, management was getting theirs. Looks as if the same is occuring at AA

No argument here Ken

Corporate greed runs rampant in the USA. it will not stop until the workers revolt or you kill the golden goose.
I personally would like to do both ;)

No argument here Ken

Corporate greed runs rampant in the USA. it will not stop until the workers revolt or you kill the golden goose.
I personally would like to do both ;)
Exactly, the only thing that they understand is when the workers refuse to work. Its always been that way and always will be, the problem we have is that our union leaders are unwilling to lead.

Actaully I think management should continue to fill their pockets at the expense of the employees.

I am now much more interested in how much the work force will take before revolting, than how much anyone in management is getting in bonuses.

Here, here! I completely agree! :up:

<_< -----Unfortunately our "Union" hasn't seen fit to write anything into our contract about reciprocating clauses! None, Nada!!! No snap-back! No meaningful Profit Sharing! Nothing but Roderic about "sheared sacrifice"! And if I have learn anything in my short life, it's "trust, but verify!" And do that in writing!!!! ;)----- I wonder why???

<_< -----Unfortunately our "Union" hasn't seen fit to write anything into our contract about reciprocating clauses! None, Nada!!! No snap-back! No meaningful Profit Sharing! Nothing but Roderic about "sheared sacrifice"! And if I have learn anything in my short life, it's "trust, but verify!" And do that in writing!!!! ;)----- I wonder why???

Why should the twu have such language? It is VERY simple.

twu int. officers get raises but NOT concessions. They are NOT elected but appointed. They are in essence untouchable. This is fact. Yes, all twu true believers will ignore this fact and try and make it like I, and others who understand reality as it is, am a trouble maker. How is stateing fact causing trouble?

The twu could not put such language into writing because that would go against the company. FACT!

LET SOME ONE FROM THE INT. PROOVE ME WRONG.

Management gets bonuses at the expense of the worker. Appointed union reps. get raises at the expense of the worker. Why should either care about the worker?

There is NO fairness or honesty. Only lies and greed.