Fares

nbmcg01

Veteran
Sep 6, 2004
Why are your fares $250 more than AAs for the same dates and times. Frustrating as I would much rather fly on DAL. Even more frustrating is the fare for a trip from Sun to Sun is $300 less than Sun to Thurs. Making it hard...

Why are your fares $250 more than AAs for the same dates and times. Frustrating as I would much rather fly on DAL. Even more frustrating is the fare for a trip from Sun to Sun is $300 less than Sun to Thurs. Making it hard...
Fare just jumped to $400 over AA. Am I really going to be forced into flying AA? (lol) No rhyme nor reason..

Welcome to legacy airline pricing 101...

DL may have sold all the lower fare seats allocated on that flight while AA hasn't. AA may have a routing advantage over DL - less out of the way connecting point, nonstop vs connecting, 1 connection vs 2, etc.

The "Saturday night stay" fare is designed for leisure travelers. The business traveler, who will generally pay a higher fare, doesn't normally want to spend a weekend away on a business trip so trips without a Saturday night stay cost more to get the extra $$$ that the business traveler is willing to pay.

Jim

Hard lesson, 101...
You can't bemoan DAL for raising prices. Have you flown on DAL lately? They're packed. Jim is right on the mark, its the rule of supply and demand. DALs first class is ALWAYS full. Those aren't free upgrades either. Business men and women are paying the price and Delta is only too happy to oblige. nbmcg01, don't wonder about fare increases. In a little while the fuel surcharges will start being added due to the market knee jerk over the sunken oil rig. In a little while you'll think $400 is a good deal. Now breathe, stay calm...

Hard lesson, 101...
You can't bemoan DAL for raising prices. Have you flown on DAL lately? They're packed. Jim is right on the mark, its the rule of supply and demand. DALs first class is ALWAYS full. Those aren't free upgrades either. Business men and women are paying the price and Delta is only too happy to oblige. nbmcg01, don't wonder about fare increases. In a little while the fuel surcharges will start being added due to the market knee jerk over the sunken oil rig. In a little while you'll think $400 is a good deal. Now breathe, stay calm...

That was $400 over the nearest competition. Oh well, guess I'll bite the bullet and fly AA. By the way there are 40 seats in coach still open and f/c is wide open.

Latest posts