FA'S & PILOTS NEED TO CONTACT THE FAA

bootRiggle

Aug 30, 2005
ANYONE NOTICING THAT THE NEW US Airways is packing the galley carts way over the maximum limit allowed, example = 80lb maximum weight cart full of water/ice totalling over 120lbs ! so why even bother with W & B ? Also, the newly configured 320's safety equipment is being stored in the galley = the most likely place for a fire to begin onboard !!!!!!! When will the madness STOP. I guess it will take a crash/fire to correct Tempes nonsense. I sent an email to the FAA today advising them of this and advise all pilots, FA's and customers to do so as well, for all of our safety!

ANYONE NOTICING THAT THE NEW US Airways is packing the galley carts way over the maximum limit allowed, example = 80lb maximum weight cart full of water/ice totalling over 120lbs ! so why even bother with W & B ? Also, the newly configured 320's safety equipment is being stored in the galley = the most likely place for a fire to begin onboard !!!!!!! When will the madness STOP. I guess it will take a crash/fire to correct Tempes nonsense. I sent an email to the FAA today advising them of this and advise all pilots, FA's and customers to do so as well, for all of our safety!
Are you nuts? How do you know how much they weigh? Do you bring a scale to work? You better be careful--you'll end up with Christine on your butt. Ask the Feds when they show up to follow up on your compaint about her...

Are you nuts? How do you know how much they weigh? Do you bring a scale to work? You better be careful--you'll end up with Christine on your butt. Ask the Feds when they show up to follow up on your compaint about her...
come to the east and find out for yourself....

You got way too much time on your hands! Worrying about how much damm ice is in the carts!

All I have to say is maximum weight placards are not a decorative touch. They are there for a reason. Galleys that are continously packed with over the maximum weight, stress the brakes on the cart, as well as the latches that keep them in place. So, the next time the plane encounters some turbulance, and a cart comes flying hitting your a$$, you would still consider this complaint to be a waste of time. As for the 320's safety equipment in the galley, I guess they made sure Stan Herman's new uniform design to be made of KEVLAR fire retardant material; it is the only way I can explain how they think we can reach the safety equipment in a fire situation. Gee, the Tempe sun must really be strong!! :blink: :blink:

Who cares. :rolleyes: Worry about securing a new contract and not how much a cart weighs. Whine, whine, whine....

If someone gets injured, how can one worry about a new contract? That's not Whineing, STOP being so nuts!
You're right; if there is ever an accident, that bag of ice might injure you! I say get angry about the real issues, ice and bottled water is not one of them.

Actually, they will probably take the ice and water out of the carts, and we can then look forward to threads about the lack of ice and spring water onboard....

:mf_boff:

Contacting the FAA for an issue that should be brought up by other means needs to be the true focus. There are other directions flight attendants should use other than go directly to the FAA. Write up your problems and concerns to the AFA's Safety Committee at your base. Having written documentation of your concerns allows that committee to respond and more importantly act on what concerns you.

Safety committee's are set up at each base. Utilize them. Write up the problem and let them take your written concerns to the company. If enough written statements are taken to the company, a responce from them is warranted. Remember, unless you write it up, the company doesn't believe there is a problem. Let them voice your concerns for you.

I have seen a number of carts come crashing into the divider on landing... it is pretty scarey if you ask me. I would not want my finger to be on the arm rest when a run-away cart is coming down the aisle.

This is not something pretty "trivial". They won't let the plane take off without the right weight, but hey, a cart that is over 80 lbs and can run down the aisle and cut people's fingers off.. sure why not..

Not a really "warm and fuzzy feeling" for this customer.

Safety on the airplane and SECURING A NEW CONTRACT have absolutely NOTHING to do with the other. Moron.

Safety on the airplane and SECURING A NEW CONTRACT have absolutely NOTHING to do with the other. Moron.
Wow. I'm a moron? I'll chalk that up to you not having your morning coffee yet, Travelpro. The carts, to me, are not that heavy with a case of water and ice in them. Heavier than the bev carts on the -400? Gimme a break. All I am saying is that you should channel your anger towards getting involved and securing a contract, not worrying about the carts! If the carts are overweight, why is this issue coming up a year later? Aren't there enough threads you can whine on in here? We had to create another? :rolleyes:

Ok, back to bitter, ladies! :up:

The laissez-faire attitude out west had better stop. It's going to kill the company one way or another. If flight attendants see violations like this call the union. Let the union take this up with the FAA.

Later,
Eye

The laissez-faire attitude out west had better stop. It's going to kill the company one way or another. If flight attendants see violations like this call the union. Let the union take this up with the FAA.

Later,
Eye
Exactly. That is what the safety committee is for. The safety chair in PHL would *NOT* let a violation like this get by her, trust me. But it makes for more needless drama, one more thing to whine about. Woohoo!

:mf_boff:

Latest posts