FAs VEOP

bluebird

Advanced
Feb 6, 2012
NYC
VEOP Page has been updated.

“Q: If I take the VEOP, when will I have to leave?

A: There will be 4 windows available to leave and they will be bid for by seniority. They will be by quarter as follows: 4Q2012, 1Q2013, 2Q2013, 3Q2013. Separation dates shall be at the discretion of Flight Service subject to operational needs.

Q: Can I take the leave under the condition that I hold a certain exit slot?

A: No, if you take the VEOP, it is not revocable! You will only be afforded the ability to choose your departure slot according to seniority and operational needs.”

If you are turning 50 in 3Q2013 but hold 2Q2013 then you’ve just gambled your unlimited passes away.
hammer.gif

“With 15 years of credited service in Retirement Plan, FA is eligible to begin pension at 55 but not considered a retiree/no retiree passes.”

Great for the 20 year FAs who are 40 something.
banghead.gif

Real thinkers over there...

We are members of
walking_tall.gif
a union.
duh.gif

The way you vote affects my work choices (or lack thereof [Jn 10:10]).
commie.gif

It gets worse.
doh.gif
I just spoke with the hotline provided by APFA. You can take the Early Out and retire with unlimited passes if you were a TWA FA because it is based on company seniority. If you were an agent and became a FA—same thing.

AA FAs who are under 50 even with 20+ years of senority are offered nothing.
squint.gif
Unreal.
plain.gif

It is based on company seniority not occupational seniority. What is so unbelievable about that? Class OR craft differences do not transfer for occupational (like agent to f/a) and in the case of the former TWA, it was the same class or craft but we won't go there... This is something the company, not the APFA is offering. They get to set the terms. I'm wondering if they will make those still on furlough go through training (like they do to retire)?

This is something the company, not the APFA is offering. They get to set the terms. I'm wondering if they will make those still on furlough go through training (like they do to retire)?
It would seem you are only concerned about former TWA employees.
plain.gif

You seem to be the only one complaining about it on here. Are you even interested in taking the early out? It doesn't sound like it. So , why do you care so much? Like i said before, if it isn't for you. DON'T TAKE IT!

You seem to be the only one complaining about it on here. Are you even interested in taking the early out?
In its present form of course not.
kookoo.gif
If it was similar to previous VBRs then yes, I would.
thinking.gif

“It doesn't sound like it. So, why do you care so much?”

Because being there for your kids when they are young is a good thing that makes for a good FA (Jn 10:10, Pr 22:6).

Deviants
spectrum.gif
don’t care about female FAs and their needs (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

Are you the modern day martyr? It was your choice to have a job that took you away from home and you chose to have kids. I don't work my job so you can take time off. It is called a job for a reason, to work! Grow up and stop the poor me attitude. It's people like you that give everyone a bad name. Maybe you should look into employment that lets you put little Johhny to bed every night. Sounds like your wants are no longer attainable here.

Reactions: 1 person
In its present form of course not.
kookoo.gif
If it was similar to previous VBRs then yes, I would.
thinking.gif

Because being there for your kids when they are young is a good thing that makes for a good FA (Jn 10:10, Pr 22:6).

Deviants
spectrum.gif
don’t care about female FAs and their needs (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

Where's Candid Camera? I has to be here somewhere. Ok, which one of my friends are playing a joke with me by these posts!

“It was your choice to have a job that took you away from home and you chose to have kids.”

The job has been family-friendly. Now, it is becoming anti-woman and anti-family because flexibility in the schedule will be gone.

“…I don't work my job so you can take time off.”

The flexibility in our schedules is not your business. You hate our freedom.
shakefist.gif

“…It is called a job for a reason, to work!”

Women have needs at various stages in their lives. Their lives are more complicated than their male counterparts. When a woman takes a job and stays for 30 years, there will be times when she will need more time at home for family needs (e.g. caring for young kids or an elderly parent, etc.)

“…Sounds like your wants are no longer attainable here.”

This is a woman’s job but people like you
spectrum.gif
have destroyed it. Like a good lib,
commie.gif
you destroy all that you touch (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10).

I hope this thread goes on forever. It is totally entertaining how it evolves. I guess in your world, males are not capable to care for their kids, parents or spouses. In that world women are called house wives. Sound like you missed that boat. You have all the wants and desires, yet you don't have the ultimate job you are looking for. Sounds like you took a wrong turn somewhere in life. With all those responsibilities, how would you ever have time to use those passes you so long for?

This whole line of discussion is so strange. I am one of the pioneers that forged the work rules f/as have enjoyed for decades. That being said, I was able to raise my children and foster a whole lot of other children and never missed a beat. The f/a career afforded me the best of all worlds, career, volunteer, union rep, teacher, advocate, mentor, minister, and most importantly, MOTHER. I went on strike for several years to protest the destruction of what we had worked so hard to change and acquire. That journey helped shape the person I am today. It makes me sad to see and hear so many willing to roll over and not fight for this profession. The provisions of this agreement are not of economic necessity. They are vindictive and in some cases violate the very principles of protected information. (new sick policy) You are really going to allow a company like AA to be in your personal medical business? You have 700+ hours of sick time but don't get paid for that time? Selling the future for those remaining for $40,000 ($27,000 if you're lucky) is the ultimate "me,me". The retiree's have been given a pretty significant bait and switch. But "screw them...I've got mine" seems to be the prevailing thought. By the way, United just offered a $60,000 buy out.
And, Bluebird, some of the finest dads I know have been f/a dads. Your posts speak of a bias that I find hard to comprehend in 2012. Women have special needs during their lives? Seriously? I liken your posts to those of the "younger" f/as that would like all of the older more senior f/as to "go away" so they can enjoy the benefits EARNED by those men and women.
I would love to fly a transcon turn. I would love to work an ANC flight. I miss the flights that my seniority EARNED and feel so angry when I see the end of what WE all worked so hard to create...the best job anyone could have, regardless of the sacrifices.