Fashion Police at WN

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...s_1m5braun.html

As the mercury climbed over 100 on Labor Day, I called Southwest Airlines with a not entirely hypothetical question:

Could a young woman board a flight to Tucson today wearing a bikini top?

Angelique, the agent who took my call, assured me that a young woman could.

“We don't have a problem with it if she's covered up in all the right spots,â€￾ she said.

“We don't have a dress code.â€￾

As the mercury climbed over 100 on Labor Day, I called Southwest Airlines with a not entirely hypothetical question:

“We don't have a problem with it if she's covered up in all the right spots,â€￾ she said.

Why would an agent in their right mind confront a woman with a conservative but somewhat revealing outfit. Unbelievable!!! I have seen women coming to Vegas in see through clothing. I would think some standardized rules should be set to rule out the human element...

I didn't read anything from Southwest's side of the story. Maybe it wasn't "Kieth" who was offended....perhaps it was another passenger. And I wonder if the young ladies legs were crossed while seated, or if, with a skirt as short as that, she was giving a little show to the C boarding group?

I didn't read anything from Southwest's side of the story. Maybe it wasn't "Kieth" who was offended....perhaps it was another passenger. And I wonder if the young ladies legs were crossed while seated, or if, with a skirt as short as that, she was giving a little show to the C boarding group?

When the crews set the bar by flying naked what are the passengers to think? She was dressed more appropriately than the pilots of the bucknekkid flight. Saw her and her LAWYER on the tele-box this morning.

Also, I thought this was the happy go lucky, everything is a joke SWA? SWA is a bit like Don Knotts trying to play Braveheart. Not believable.

When the crews set the bar by flying naked what are the passengers to think? She was dressed more appropriately than the pilots of the bucknekkid flight. Saw her and her LAWYER on the tele-box this morning.

Also, I thought this was the happy go lucky, everything is a joke SWA? SWA is a bit like Don Knotts trying to play Braveheart. Not believable.

Well said. I thought she looked okay, but I bet with that short skirt she was showing all of her business when she reached into the overhead. A SWA friend told me he heard she was not wearing panties and that children were around. Who knows.

Well said. I thought she looked okay, but I bet with that short skirt she was showing all of her business when she reached into the overhead. A SWA friend told me he heard she was not wearing panties and that children were around. Who knows.

True, but I have flown Southwest a few times and the trash that I have had to sit next to, overweight people, dirty, stinky etc....pales in comparison.

The old addage applies...if you have to ask you need not wear the outfit.

Of course, after watching "Airline" on A&E, many Southwest employees could use the fashion police too. They look dreadful, especially the colored woman in her clothes.

True, but I have flown Southwest a few times and the trash that I have had to sit next to, overweight people, dirty, stinky etc....pales in comparison.
Wow...Southwest just can't win. They are heartless for charging obese folks for two seats, they are criticized for "flip flop wife beater" passengers, drunks. Then...they show airline where they turn away drunken, or stinky passengers. I found the school marm's pictures on her myspace page...although she wasn't too school marmish in those. In fact, I would imagine that there just might be something to the talk that "Princess Kyla" may have "pulled a Britney" on board.

But you know brown...I've flown a lot...and only on one airline (America West aka USAir) did a passenger emerge from the lav and announce to the entire rear cabin that she'd "lost 10 pounds in there". Also...you comment "I've flow Southwest a few times" leaves one to question...if they are so bad - why fly them at all?

Ya think this offended passenger was pulling a Britney? C'mon!

Instead of being embare-assed this chick goes on national TV! Her fifteen minutes has arrived!

Prolly some other pax on that plane was offended.

WN does not deserve a hit on this issue. I'll bet this situation occurs frequently every day at other airlines.

Why would an agent in their right mind confront a woman with a conservative but somewhat revealing outfit. Unbelievable!!! I have seen women coming to Vegas in see through clothing. I would think some standardized rules should be set to rule out the human element...

I saw her this morning on the today show. She is a gorgeous lady and the outfit was nothing out of the ordinary for a San Diego Beach chick. She said, "All she wants at this point is for SWA to admit they were wrong." My quote, "I have to agree with her."

This should have been the Captain's call. I can't imagine that any SWA Captain would make a good looking babe like that change anything. I think there might be a male F/A agenda going on here, if you get my drift.

You know I did watch this on the Today Show this am. I don't think she was dressed that bad and according to the WN side a passenger was complaining and that was the only reason they did what they did. My favorite though is all these Passengers that dress this way and then when they are on board the airplane they instantly need a BLANKET... They are COLD.... !!!!

Latest posts