Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boeing 767

• Boeing 777

• Total voters

KSUpilot

Jun 6, 2006
Due to popular demand and my screwups we now have "Favorite Aircraft in the American Fleet Part Deux!"

I left out some of the old, unpopular props from the old poll.

Rejoyce DC-10 lovers! You're plane now has its own catagory! :up:

Since this will be the official, final poll, could a moderator possibly delete/close the other thread in order to avoid confusion?

Boeing 777 seems to be a popular choice. Though I have heard some describe it as a "jail cell". Then again, since it is used on international routes, after a flight that long anything will feel like a jail cell.

I guess it is quite obvious that I voted for the MD-80 as my favorite current aircraft. American must like it as well, as it makes up a good portion of their fleet.

"Knock--Knock--Knock, Hi, it's me AGAIN"

I see you (correctly)left a spot open to differentiate between the DC-10, and the MD-11.

But what about the 747-SP, which anyone who has flown them will say, "that those 2 birds,(747-100 + 747 SP) are as different as night and day."

For the record, I'm not being critical.
Personally, I like this poll !!

NH/BB's

As much as I would like to have all variants covered, it just would not be possible. Think of all the MD-80 variations out there. The same for the 737.

I like the L1011 as well, but American never purchased any therefore, DC-10 it is!

747SP was the most special plane at AA in the last 20 years. JFK to LHR in that was a real treat. My most special AA memory.

The L-1011 was a marvelous machine to fly.

As a kid growing up in Columbus Ohio I remember the TW L1011's flying over my school. You knew it was the L1011 by the buzzing noise of the engines. I think at one point they had 3 L1011 flights out of CMH then later it changed to 767's. I always liked the L1011 whether it was Eastern's, Delta's or TWA's.

<_< ----- The DC-10 got into the market before the L1011's due to the fact that Rolls couldn't provide engines to Lockeed due to development problems of the RB211's! I believe the intimal cost of the DC-10 was lower also. Did you know both Aircraft were initially designed as two engine Aircraft? But decided to add the third for over water flights! That was before E.T.O.P.s! Lockeed decided to go with the "S" duct design, which Boeing had rights to,(@727), and paid them to do so! Douglas refused to go that route, and ended up with that third engine two stories off the ground! ;)

<_< ----- Did you know both Aircraft were initially designed as two engine Aircraft? But decided to add the third for over water flights! That was before E.T.O.P.s!
Actually the third engine was added because the DC-10 was not capable of a one engine out takeoff at full gross weight. Those CF6 engines did not have the thrust capable of keeping the DC-10 aloft on one engine. If the CF6-6D's had the thrust rating of the -80's the DC-10 would have looked different and probably still be coming off the assembly line as a more advanced version.(MD-11) Who knows what might have been. It's all history now.

Latest posts