Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-15 years DOH

• 16+ years FCFS

• 16+ years DOH

• Total voters
There are far more Easties than Westies (not to mention on this MB). The results will be shocking ... not!

I work in the West and want DOH boarding, I don't like the Gate Agents having control of who goes first. Lists can be changed. I vote DOH!!!!

Not to get your hopes up - but we're keeping Shares reservation system.
While the system is capable of somewhat boarding by seniority - it would only list you in order by your year of hire, and right now at US East in Sabre they are listing in order down to the day.
Continental Airlines owns the rights to a lot of the features in Shares since Shares is part of their holdlings (shares is the first reservation system ever created - designed by Eastern Airlines). Continental would have to sell the company the privilege of modifying the current standby tables so that we could spend the money for programmers to modify what we currently have to allow boarding by seniority down to the day.

I'm not saying the company wouldn't do that, and wouldn't spend that kind of money to make it happen...however, given the fact they don't want to spend money that isn't necessary time of checking would be working in our favor financially.

Yes, legally, he cannot impose that contract on the entire company. There is a law against that. It is just talk to make the investors happy. We need to unite to get the contract we ALL deserve.

What law is there?

Actually he can impose it if single carrier status is declared and no election is filed for if differant unions.

No, no, from what I understand there is something in the Railway Labor Act in Arizona that would prevent him from doing it, he could try but I think we could win in a court of law.

First of all the Railway Labor Act is a Federal Law, not an Arizona law.

If a single carrier status ruling is done, he could impose the CBA.

First of all the Railway Labor Act is a Federal Law, not an Arizona law.

If a single carrier status ruling is done, he could impose the CBA.
I am curious as why you always have to talk down to people. I am more curious as to why this board allowed it on a daily basis.

Are you a bit uncomfortable being a stock clerk?? Tiny Tony??

I work in the West and want DOH boarding, I don't like the Gate Agents having control of who goes first. Lists can be changed. I vote DOH!!!!

Yes, I worked at the airport and knew how to do it. We never did, but it IS possible. It is NOT possible to change date of hire. The computer stores it.

Not to get your hopes up - but we're keeping Shares reservation system.
While the system is capable of somewhat boarding by seniority - it would only list you in order by your year of hire, and right now at US East in Sabre they are listing in order down to the day.
I'm not saying the company wouldn't do that, and wouldn't spend that kind of money to make it happen...however, given the fact they don't want to spend money that isn't necessary time of checking would be working in our favor financially.

So if this is true, WHY are they blowing smoke up everyone's butt by saying they are deciding which to do? Sounds like a done deal to me. I'm in favor of DOH but state the facts and be done with it.

Latest posts