Fear Mongers Are At It Again!

Superside

Advanced
Jun 4, 2003
Brothers,
Stop me if you've heard this one.
Many have been told that if less than 50% vote in the up coming election, we will be without union representation.
This isn't the first time I've had to explain this, so I'll give you somthing to think on.
The TWU faithful talk about this like it's a flip of a coin to being Decertified.

Q. What if an election is called and less than 50% vote?
A. There is indeed a possibility this could happen. MNB would determine that the incumbent Union is or would be decertified, leaving us without representation.
However, if you will analyze the information, you will find only 4 events over a 7 year span (1998-2004) where the incumbent Union has been decertified. Three of these decertification rulings were “voluntary.†meaning the Union chose not to represent the work group and notified the NMB of their decision.
Fiscal Year 2000,
1. 27 NMB No. 077: Kitty Hawk Air Cargo, Pilots vote, there was no official challenge by a rival Union. See NMB documents.
2. 27 NMB No. 021: Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Dispatchers, Union, TWU, “voluntary Revocation of Certification.†See NMB documents.
Fiscal Year 2001,
1. 28 NMB No. 62: Challenge Air Cargo, Mechanics and Related, Union, IBT, “voluntary Revocation of Certification.†See NMB documents.
2. 28 NMB No. 63: Challenge Air Cargo, Stock Clerks, Union, IBT,
“voluntary Revocation of Certification.†See NMB documentation.

Win or lose in the last 7 years, in the event of “Representational Disputesâ€, No incumbent Union has been decertified when the votes were tallied. The election either confirmed the incumbent Union’s right to represent the workforce or resulted in a change.

Ruling 29 NMB No. 31, enough election cards were signed by unrepresented mechanics and related, to call an election. The majority prevailed, they chose to remain unorganized.

Ruling 30 NMB No. 63, notice the total Eligible voters. 62.7% of the eligible voters cast ballots. That means the plurality vote wins. Figure the percentages of the vote totals. In this election, roughly 60% of the eligible
Voters signed “election authorization cards†yet more employees participated in the vote than petitioned for the vote.

Ruling 30 NMB No. 27
, 83.3% of the eligible voters cast ballots, roughly 60% signed “election cards.â€

Where an official challenge was presented, no decertification occurred as a result of the election. More than the minimum number of employees required voted on their future, we will also.

Check this information on the NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD web site at

www.nmb.org
Understanding how things work will help alleviate your fear.

I do not fear the outcome of majority rule.

That is what freedom and democracy are based upon.

Why should you fear the outcome? If you get rid of the TWU ya get their bank roll, if keep the TWU you get a job!..no risk for you as I see it. Ask the amfa members if they worry...well...those that haven't had their phones cut off yet.

mojo13 said:
If you get rid of the TWU, stores will get the bankroll and you lose your job.
As for the 514 and all the money it has in bonds, and God knows were.
514 is usually in deficit spending each month, once the M&R are AMFA the 514 will be in even greater negative spending, They will have to dippy, oops dip into the "bankroll" deeper and deeper. :huh:
Heck the way people hate the idea of "trickle down", they ought to be real upset about how the International gets the money 1st then sends the local the 2/3rds left over.
Anyway, I won't miss the millions 514 has banked or hidden, I'll never see any of it anyway, Not as strike money, or assistance in a job loss or layoff. It's gone, I wrote it off as a deduction every year.

Checking it Out said:
Read through all the rhetoric, the possibility still exist, I do not see any fear being represent except from you!!!!
What rhetoric, CIO? Everything in the first post is FACT. Did you not check out the Mediation Board Rulings?
Do you Ignore everthing posted by your opposition? You should study you aponant not just dismiss the info out of hand.
READ THE POST, STUDY THE FACTS, OPEN YOUR MIND. :rolleyes:

If you get rid of the TWU, stores will get the bankroll and you lose your job.

mojo, can you tell me the difference of having millions of dollars with the twu and NOT using this money to fight for AMTs and having AMFA and using all moneys collected to protect my craft and profession? When Local 564 was created from Local 502 after the much ballyhooed "Change from within", "we'll give you your own local" chanting from the international it seems as if Local 502 kept money that AMTs deserve. The twu cares not about AMTs. That is a fact! So what is your point about the twu keeping this bankroll?
By the way, the only way I will lose my job is to allow the twu to fight against my profession.

CIO.
Since you seem to have close ties to the International (TWU).
perhaps you could use those ties to find out why the TWU choose "volentary Revocation of Certification".
I would like all to read and study that information that you find, Please post anything you find on the incident listed below.
I would like to see what you can find out.
There has to be a reason the TWU seems to have abandoned the Dispatchers at Atlantic Southeast AL?

27 NMB No. 021: Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Dispatchers, Union, TWU, “voluntary Revocation of Certification.â€￾

The local 12 should bring in around 150K a month roughly. It won't take long to amass some cash. The sooner we get AMFA on the property, the sooner we start building our bankroll. We won't have to pay out all that union pay to help stave off a representational election, so we shouldn't have that big of a budget every month. Plus our contract negotiations are quite a long ways down the road. We have plenty of time to save our pennies. As far as not getting 50% to participate, I know of at least 8706 members, as of today, who are going to vote.
Here's to the twu......................
Leading the industry to a much lower standard...........
Cheers...........

Keep the Faith................VOTE AMFA!!!!!