February Pilot Bid Released

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - November 19, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, November 19th, with one new item.

The Company has posted Permanent Bid 05-01. The effective month of the bid is February 2005.

The drivers of the bid include:

Ø Vacancies and displacements resulting from attrition, contingency openings and retirements.

Ø Increase CLT Banks from 8 – 10

Ø Rolling the PHL Hub

Ø Inauguration of the FLL connecting Bank

Ø Primary Lines planned for higher credit time per LOA 93

Ø Adjustment to DCA - BOS Shuttle times.

Ø CLT AB IRO qualifications.

Ø CUN and MBJ removed from the 767I and added to 757D flying.

Ø PIT status changed from a HUB to a Focus city.

There will be no furloughs as a result of bid 05-01. February block hours will increase by 2,900 hours to approximately 86,000 hours. There will however be a reduction (through attrition) of 120 positions.

A copy of the bid is available on the MEC pilots only website by clicking on “Bid 05-01â€￾ under the MEC Fast Links.

The bid will close at 2330 EST on November 28th.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - November 19, 2004

This is Jack Stephan with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, November 19th, with one new item.

The Company has posted Permanent Bid 05-01. The effective month of the bid is February 2005.

The drivers of the bid include:

Ø Vacancies and displacements resulting from attrition, contingency openings and retirements.

Ø Increase CLT Banks from 8 – 10

Ø Rolling the PHL Hub

Ø Inauguration of the FLL connecting Bank

Ø Primary Lines planned for higher credit time per LOA 93

Ø Adjustment to DCA - BOS Shuttle times.

Ø CLT AB IRO qualifications.

Ø CUN and MBJ removed from the 767I and added to 757D flying.

Ø PIT status changed from a HUB to a Focus city.

There will be no furloughs as a result of bid 05-01. February block hours will increase by 2,900 hours to approximately 86,000 hours. There will however be a reduction (through attrition) of 120 positions.

A copy of the bid is available on the MEC pilots only website by clicking on “Bid 05-01â€￾ under the MEC Fast Links.

The bid will close at 2330 EST on November 28th.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="202540"][/post]​

Geez, 320pilot how late do you stay up? Heck if not for insomnia from perhaps eating a bit more than I should have I would be sound asleep. It's 1am Chicago time. OK, I'm wondering, I noticed your post are almost around the clock so either you are a 'round the clock' fella or perhaps two or more people are posting with your name and password. I certainly hope it is the latter because I would hate to think that anyone would give the majority hours of the day to the constant echoing in defense of a piece of paper called US AIRWAYS. Let US AIRWAYS worry about itself.

regards,

Tim:

Thanks for your concern. I am on a series of days off, I am mobile, and I use the Internet to trade the markets and monitor US Airways. It only takes a few moments to check the Internet or post throughout the day with modern technology, especially if you can simultaneously watch TV and the Pacers and Pistons fiasco.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Tim Nelson said:
Geez, 320pilot how late do you stay up? Heck if not for insomnia from perhaps eating a bit more than I should have I would be sound asleep. It's 1am Chicago time. OK, I'm wondering, I noticed your post are almost around the clock so either you are a 'round the clock' fella or perhaps two or more people are posting with your name and password. I certainly hope it is the latter because I would hate to think that anyone would give the majority hours of the day to the constant echoing in defense of a piece of paper called US AIRWAYS. Let US AIRWAYS worry about itself.

regards,
[post="202541"][/post]​
What the hell Mr Tim? I think YOU need to get a life! All he did was post some info from the pilot bid and you go bezerk. Uh...actually....you look like the loser with your lame response.

No furloughs until after the holidays, when they don't have to worry about pi$$ing off employees. That's my prediction. Also, to use the "free" tickets they are offering will certainly mean that you have to be a "current" company employee, something that anyone with a brain had better be looking to change, and taxes will cost MORE than getting a ticket when you want one from priceline. Anyone that believes this company drivel AGAIN (for at least the third time) deserves what they get.....in the immortal words of Jon Lovitz..."yea, that's the ticket.."

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
What the hell Mr Tim? I think YOU need to get a life! All he did was post some info from the pilot bid and you go bezerk. Uh...actually....you look like the loser with your lame response.
[post="202545"][/post]​

Hey 'loosen up' it was said in jest.
BezerK? Heck you must be one of those democrats that can't tolerate even a little humor. I think things get a little 'tense' on this board and just trying to 'loosen things up a bit' as opposed to 'rattling cages'. I have been called a loser before among other things so I can't argue with your opinion there.

regards,

Is Usairways not hiring pilots?...Seems to me that usually around the end of month, there are cancellations due to lack of "Crew Availability" ?