Few DFW (International arrival) questions please/thank you.

AA operates out of every terminal except E at DFW.

Bears you should know any AA mainline work will be handled by AA TWU and any Eagle work will be handled by Envoy TWU.

Vast, vast majority of international arrivals are at International Terminal D. Only exceptions being perhaps an occasional pre-clearance Canada flight going into a A or C as they don’t need to use Federal Inspection Services capable gates, or an Eagle regional flight from a close-in Mexico point may go into a high B gate and then pax would have a long walk to FIS in D through a sterile corridor. But still, in both cases they often come into D.

Josh

American is in EVERY terminal at DFW, including E. Eagle uses the old Airways gates and is getting the satellite next year for an additional 15 gates in E. Since you included B as American and not Eagle, I included E.

IORFA, you beat me to it. I flew out of E last Christmas on Eagle. We were originally scheduled out of B, but the departure gate changed with less than an hour left before take-off. Passengers of course grumbled that the change was made just to ruin their lives. Thanks for the new info, I did not know that the E satellite was going to be taken over by AA or AE. I thought only Spirit was using those now.

Last edited:
I think the satellite has been empty since TRIP was completed on E. American is going to redo the inside of the satellite as well as the tunnel I think and increase the gates to 15 for Eagle only. I think the plan is to then return the former mainline gates on B back into narrow body FIS capable gates. I’m a little fuzzy on that though. I think the gates are supposed to be available next year sometime, maybe by summer.

As stated all international arrivals must use D unless they are pre-cleared flights like most Canadian and some Caribbean flights. International departures can be and are scheduled anywhere although AA tries to keep them in D if possible. Air Canada recently moved from D to E to be closer to United. Have a great trip NH BB. By the way TWU works all AA international flights into Terminal D. There are some gates staffed by LUS IAM and those crews can work pre-cleared flights but they are in Terminal C not Terminal D

Last edited:
IORFA, you beat me to it. I flew out of E last Christmas on Eagle. We were originally scheduled out of B, but the departure gate changed with less than an hour left before take-off. Passengers of course grumbled that the change was made just to ruin their lives. Thanks for the new info, I did not know that the E satellite was going to be taken over by AA or AE. I thought only Spirit was using those now.

Addition: Making a connection on AE at DFW could become a nightmare if there are many connections between B and E. Last Christmas when I made that B to E gate change, we just barely made it to the gate in time. The agent was less than concerned about the fact we had to come from B, and made one of those "veiled threat" observations--You know, the "You need to remember that we close the jetbridge door 10 minutes prior to departure" kind of statements. As if the fact that we had to not only change gates but also change terminals was somehow or another our doing. It's a good thing we departed from a terminal gate instead of a satellite gate. That tunnel walk from B to the satellite is not short--particularly for those of us who have to use a cane.

Latest posts