Fewer American Airlines Pilots To Lose Jobs

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
FORT WORTH -- The news isn't as bad as expected for American Airlines pilots. Fewer of them will get pink slips in the next round of layoffs.

The Fort Worth-based airlines said it had expected to cut 3,763 pilots.

The president of the Allied Pilots Association said Friday that the furlough will affect only 2,458 pilots.

An American spokesman cannot confirm exact figures, but said the total would be far fewer than what they originally thought.

Pilots union officials said they're encouraged but still worry about all the pilots still left jobless.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/headlin...D=88990&SecID=2

So how many more to be furloughed after Jan. 1 if using the 2,458 number. Just curious as I have a buddy who said that he would be about 250 from the bottom by the beginning of 2004.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Ride

Less pilots getting furloughed. Hmmmm. I wonder if Wing na Prayer still thinks that the 350 flight attendants just recalled will be furloughed again in the spring?

240 in March. The company will "re-evaluate" in the fall of '04.TC

P.S.--This "wonderful" company is willfully violating the Master Shuffle LOA they signed in March. What a bunch of scumbags that are running this place. :angry:

AA717driver said:
240 in March. The company will "re-evaluate" in the fall of '04.TC

P.S.--This "wonderful" company is willfully violating the Master Shuffle LOA they signed in March. What a bunch of scumbags that are running this place. :angry:
So you prefer to see people out of work so that the master shuffle agreement is followed exactly? or would you prefer the spirit of the agreement be maintained while at the same time allowing more pilots to stay on payroll?

I am glad that someone still cares about the pilots that have been laid off or are going to be furloughed. I neve see any of this mentioned on the Allied Pilots Association Information Center. It is really sad that they are still furloughing pilots. I wonder when some of these will be re-hired.

Latest posts