Final 4 HP aircrafts re-painted to new US color scheme

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
November will see the end of the America West paint scheme. The airline merged with US Airways, a name which the combined airlines will use. The America West aircraft have been gradually re-painted into the new US Airways color scheme, and the last ones will return to PHX after being re-painted this month.

Boeing 757-2S7 (ETOPS)
-------------
N901AW

Airbus 320-232
------------
N660AW
N668AW
N674AW

November will see the end of the America West paint scheme. The airline merged with US Airways, a name which the combined airlines will use. The America West aircraft have been gradually re-painted into the new US Airways color scheme, and the last ones will return to PHX after being re-painted this month.

Not to worry. The America West spirit will live forever visa vi the inempt management we inherited from them.

........ The airline merged with US Airways, a name which the combined airlines will use. The America West aircraft have been gradually re-painted into the new US Airways color scheme, and the last ones will return to PHX after being re-painted this month.

Really? There was a merger? lol :up:

diamondback

feel your pain.. It was hard to see the speedbird go.. but life is everchanging.. at least that's what I try and teach my kids

I am going to miss N901AW in the Arizona colors. This was the first 757 that I worked on many years ago when we were still AWA. It was still in the original America West colors back then, and was later painted in the Arizona scheme.

I work on the 757 exclusively and sure do miss the "theme" planes that we once had. The repaints of the A319s just don't "wow" me like the paintjobs we once had on the 75's.

I will say that the new US Airways colors, in my opinion, do look the best on the 757s.

Debbie, don't you go both ways? At least you did on that long MIA layover we had when times were good, we had fun working, and we had real service.

I am going to miss N901AW in the Arizona colors. This was the first 757 that I worked on many years ago when we were still AWA. It was still in the original America West colors back then, and was later painted in the Arizona scheme.

I work on the 757 exclusively and sure do miss the "theme" planes that we once had. The repaints of the A319s just don't "wow" me like the paintjobs we once had on the 57's.

yeah the A319's look :down:

Ah well , end of an era , at least many of us at the NEW us airways will still have our old uniforms , AWA marked equipment , inept senior management and lousy contracts to remind us of the good ole days! :lol:

Latest posts