Finally Flight Attendants get some recognition as Safety Professionals

Informed1

Advanced
Nov 18, 2006
Finally flight attendants and their role as safety professionals is highlighted in this article. The pilots did a fabulous job of putting this plane in the river and without that, none of this would have turned out as it did. However, the flight attendants are responsible for getting 150 out and in rafts, on the wings, with life jackets on in 90 seconds. Finally they are acknowleged for that.

I am so proud of them and US Airways right now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20090116..._more_survivors

My absolute... and sincere thanks to our crew members... both cockpit… and cabin for doing what they have trained for... without hesitation … you are true professionals!

Not so terrible if you consider that one of the alternatives was a body bag.

It's a matter of perspective I guess.

I wonder if the ladies on 1549 will go back to their jobs.

Pretty traumatic which I guess was your point.

True! It definitely could have been worse. Thank goodness it had a good ending. Either way, it's not a very good way to end a 4 day.

I hope they do go back to their jobs. I bet it will be hard though.

To the flight attendants
Thank you. You are true professionals, a credit to the uniform and to the entire airline industry.
What you did last week shows the caliber of individuals you are. Your courage and take charge attitude reminded all of us the important role countless flight attendants do day in, and day out.

Thank you.

People react differently to traumatic events. On the one hand, this could give these FA's more confidence, that they have been put to the ultimate test and passed with flying colors. On the other, well.....I don't think I need to elaborate.

Hopefully US will allow them to take whatever paid time they need to sort through their emotions.

The flight attendants were courageous and professional during this whole ordeal.

I have provided the following link to a picture that had a caption in the newspapers, "passengers rescued".

Were these not in fact f/a's with orange vests comforting a passenger with a yellow vest?

I have heard that crew wear orange vests and passengers wear yellow.

Passengers rescued picture, click here.

Funny thing about those f/a vests....I've been saying for years those things are orange and the trainers in recurrent keep saying they're red. They look orange to me. Needless to say that's one of those questions I tend to miss.
:lol:

Funny thing about those f/a vests....I've been saying for years those things are orange and the trainers in recurrent keep saying they're red. They look orange to me. Needless to say that's one of those questions I tend to miss.
:lol:
Thank you to all for giving us the respect that we have earned...I know we can open a can of coke in record seconds, but apparently we can save lives ,as well ,in the same amount of time....KUDOS US AIRWAY F/A's, and Thank You!

This is the first time I've read conjecture that the flight attendants might not return to work. Why wouldn't they? Obviously they know what they're doing.

The flight attendants were courageous and professional during this whole ordeal.

I have provided the following link to a picture that had a caption in the newspapers, "passengers rescued".

Were these not in fact f/a's with orange vests comforting a passenger with a yellow vest?

I have heard that crew wear orange vests and passengers wear yellow.

Passengers rescued picture, click here.
I think those live vests in the picture are all passenger life vests, just different shades of orange. The FA's are bright orange/ reddish. You would REALLY be able to tell the difference. I believe those in the photo are all passengers.

I think those live vests in the picture are all passenger life vests, just different shades of orange. The FA's are bright orange/ reddish. You would REALLY be able to tell the difference. I believe those in the photo are all passengers.

By looking at the two ladies in the orange life vests, I would have to say they weren't crewmembers. The lady on the left is wearing hiking boots, and last time I checked, they weren't approved :) and the gal on the right looks very young to be a 30 year flight attendant... although I hear plastic surgery works wonders. I'm just not so sure even after 30 years a flight attendant could afford that much extensive plastic surgery haha.