First 773 Route Announced

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/boeing-777-300ER.jsp

As we continue to focus on delivering a world-class travel experience for our customers, we are excited to share the latest plans for the Boeing 777-300ER widebody aircraft, which are scheduled for delivery beginning in 2012. London is dedicated as the first market for this aircraft with more markets to be announced.

From new cabin interiors and updated amenities, to more inflight entertainment options and seat comfort in every cabin - the new aircraft will offer you a new, state-of-of-the-art travel experience.

More Features

The new aircraft will come equipped with a three-class configuration and will showcase a number of special features, including:

• Fully lie flat First and Business Class seating with aisle access from every seat
  • Specially designed Economy Class seating offering a higher recline pivot and an articulating seat bottom that provides more knee room and more comfort
  • International Wi-Fi capability
  • 110 volt AC power outlets and USB jacks available at every seat
  • Up to 120 movies, and over 150 TV programs and 350 audio selections to choose from
  • Unique mood lighting and a dramatic archway and ceiling treatment to create a feeling of spaciousness
  • Increased fuel efficiency

Looks to me like AA is set on finally standardizing some of the amenities with what BA already offers. Smart move.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/boeing-777-300ER.jsp

Looks to me like AA is set on finally standardizing some of the amenities with what BA already offers. Smart move.

Yea..especially considering AA will have no more Pilot contract roadblocks.

Yea..especially considering AA will have no more Pilot contract roadblocks.

There aren't any "pilot roadblocks" in serving London.

Just another inaccurate "Hopeful" post. I'm seeing a trend lately with you.

The above statement was due to posting before consuming the morning coffee. ;)

I don't think Hopeful was talking about the ULH issues but instead was talking about the lack of a negotiated payrate for the 77W, but I may be mistaken. Without a payrate, the APA won't fly the 77W from DFW to AUS, let alone anywhere else. Of course, coming to agreement on a payrate may be an easier process now.

Didn't AA take delivery of a few 77W's this year? If there hasn't been a pilot agreement, have they just been sitting? How long would a cabin conversion like the one described take?

Didn't AA take delivery of a few 77W's this year? If there hasn't been a pilot agreement, have they just been sitting? How long would a cabin conversion like the one described take?

No, they start showing up late next year.

SuperBluff and a few others have been claiming they'll sit on the ground because there's no book rate on the 773, or for the A319/320/321.

If the lack of a book rate isn't a pilot roadblock, I don't know what is.

It woudl be nice if they offer a 3-3-3 seat configuration in economy instead of
the current 2-5-2 on the 777-200

I disagree. If in coach, I'm a big fan of 2-5-2. Fewer middle seats and, on lightly loaded flights, the five seat center section makes a nice long bed.

2-5-2 means that in each row, there can be four couples with no middle seats occupied until the coach load factor exceeds 88%. And if you're a solo traveler, window or aisle in the AB or HJ sections is ideal. There may be reasons you favor 3-3-3, but I really prefer 2-5-2 and I don't think I'm alone.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree. If in coach, I'm a big fan of 2-5-2. Fewer middle seats and, on lightly loaded flights, the five seat center section makes a nice long bed.

2-5-2 means that in each row, there can be four couples with no middle seats occupied until the coach load factor exceeds 88%. And if you're a solo traveler, window or aisle in the AB or HJ sections is ideal. There may be reasons you favor 3-3-3, but I really prefer 2-5-2 and I don't think I'm alone.
Agreed. Having 4 aisle seats *AND* 4 seats with only one seat obstructing your access to the aisle is also very preferable. ALthough, tell that to the guy who gets rerouted last minute and winds up on a full flight in the middle of the 5 seat section....not much consolation.

there is a one liner that AA will offer a premium economy product

Unless there's something I missed, that's not how I read it -- they're going with the slider seats across the entire Y cabin, but I don't see any reference to a "fourth cabin"

I read it as AA's version of E+, just like UA has offered for about 12 years and DL is just recently introducing. Just several rows featuring several additional inches of legroom that will be probably be free to elites and sold to the nonelites. Still coach, not a WT+ equivalent.

Unless there's something I missed, that's not how I read it -- they're going with the slider seats across the entire Y cabin, but I don't see any reference to a "fourth cabin"

The link provided in this thread doesn't mention the premium economy product, but the official press release does.
http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=3401

American will also offer an Economy Class premium seat product, which will include additional legroom for seats in the forward portion of the cabin, allowing greater personal space and convenient access when boarding and deplaning.