Flagship Tulsa

Feb 14, 2004
I think the expression of accomplishment represented by the crowning of two of our MD80's as "Flagships of Tulsa" is pretty cool.

The efforts by the members of TWU Local 514 which is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma will recieve far reaching recognition for exceeding the 500 million dollar goal.

I would like to see other aircraft crowned for reaching goals for their respective stations.

Tulsa has set the "Benchmark", will others be honored?

I think the expression of accomplishment represented by the crowning of two of our MD80's as "Flagships of Tulsa" is pretty cool.

The efforts by the members of TWU Local 514 which is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma will recieve far reaching recognition for exceeding the 500 million dollar goal.

I would like to see other aircraft crowned for reaching goals for their respective stations.

Tulsa set a "benchmark" alright bubba. It seemed to be windy around the bordering states of Okiehoma recently.

Is that the because the 514 was in action???

I think the next "MD lawndart" should be the Flagship 514 Suckass.....

Tulsa set a "benchmark" alright bubba. It seemed to be windy around the bordering states of Okiehoma recently.

Nice post.

You're an example of people who should be ignored.....

Recognition doesnt pay the bills

How about sharing in the 500 million

:down: :down: :down:

The only benchmarks you would know anything about are the ones that are formed in the backside of your arse, I don't think that's much of an accomplishment, but when AA decides to reward idiots like you for doing nothing but whining, I'm through... :p

Recognition doesnt pay the bills

How about sharing in the 500 million

:down: :down: :down:

I don't know about that!

I had a friend pocket 2 extra BBQ sandwhiches, that fed the family last night, then we get a $50 gift certificate today, that will buy some groceries to make it until payday.

That means I have about $57 extra dollars to apply to my huge Natural Gas bill, which is double what is was for same time period one year ago. Oh wait, I had to pay my $50 deductible when I bought the first medical prescription for the year. That totaled $92 counting my co-pay. Oh and I forgot, my paycheck is smaller due to the premium increases for family medical coverage. But then again, don't we have a 1.5% payraise coming soon? Well that will get sucked up filling the gas tank in my truck next week.

Well, you are actually right, the recognition is not paying the bills.

Is there anyway I can get a few extra dollars on my check in exchange for the crowning of MD-80's "Flagship Tulsa"?

Yeah, that really cool idea, is helping me and my family out.

I guess as long as billy bob is still making the Bass Boat Payment and can buy a few minnows, he "aint" gonna complain. Afterall, he and his family is hangin in there like a hair on a bisket.

There has to be something that the "expression" of accomplishment does to increase my standard of living? I mean surely the UNION would not be pissing their pants over the crowning of aricraft unless there were some increase in the standard of living for the dues paying members?

....and what exactly did you do to get that $50?? You certainly didn't go above and beyond like a lot of hard working members did. That's the problem with whiners like we got here.....whine, stick out hand, whine, stick out hand.

And you expect WHAT?????????

Congrats to TUL and a job well done!!

....and what exactly did you do to get that $50?? You certainly didn't go above and beyond like a lot of hard working members did. That's the problem with whiners like we got here.....whine, stick out hand, whine, stick out hand.

And you expect WHAT?????????
Congrats to TUL and a job well done!!

What are you? One of those that hide in the grievance office all day? You know, get elected to office and never show up to the work area for production again!

No matter, you are surely hangin in there like a hair on biscuit.

Like the TWU Local 514 leadership is the example we should all follow when it comes to productivity.

No your probably the guy driving members around in the golf cart to give blood, and to united way.

By the way, to get that $50 this is what I gave:

-17.5% in pay
5 Paid Holidays
5 Paid Vacation Days
1/2 pay for sick time
Reduction of 7 sick days per year
Shift differential pay
Increases in my medical premiums and co-pays
I no longer have a lump sum option on my pension
I now pay for LTD that used to be free
I prefund my retirement meidcal
I no longer get compensated for money saving ideas
I am forced to take vacation time in December or lose pay

THAT WAS A DAMN GOOD DEAL FOR $50 WASN'T IT?

EVEN BETTER YET, THEY CROWNED 2 MD-80's TO CELEBRATE

-17.5% in pay
5 Paid Holidays
5 Paid Vacation Days
1/2 pay for sick time
Reduction of 7 sick days per year
Shift differential pay
Increases in my medical premiums and co-pays
I no longer have a lump sum option on my pension
I now pay for LTD that used to be free
I prefund my retirement meidcal
I no longer get compensated for money saving ideas
I am forced to take vacation time in December or lose pay

THAT WAS A DAMN GOOD DEAL FOR $50 WASN'T IT?

EVEN BETTER YET, THEY CROWNED 2 MD-80's TO CELEBRATE

That is what going above and beyond gets you

:down: :lol: :down: :lol: :p

This damn pity party is sickening!! I wonder how many of your union brothers and sisters from NWA or UAL would love to be in your shoes right now?

This damn pity party is sickening!! I wonder how many of your union brothers and sisters from NWA or UAL would love to be in your shoes right now?

Bill, I have resigned myself to the fact that you are proud of the concessions we gave, and that you believe in the company union concept of labor relations.

But to defend yourself by using an example of those that your "without further ratifications" placed in a competetive dissadvantage in the industry which led to Bankruptcy filings, loss of jobs, and other worker suffering is over the top.

You actually gloat in the fact that your industry leading concessions of 2003 and more so for the last twenty years have led this skilled profession to being at the bottom of the barrel and in some instances complete collapse.

You think more like Airline Management, than a union member.

You can continue to disregard those at the line stations, those at other airlines, and those workers that in the future will suffer from your continuous capitulation to management demands.

I know, as long as "You've got yours brother" you have complete disregard for others. But my bet is in the end, you pay the price for that philosophy.

I do know that my union brothers and sisters at SWA and UPS wish we could somehow grow some courage and change folks like yourself. You never seem to make mention of their pay and benefit structure. And given the next TWU negotiations have been announced those at other arilines can surely look forward to another TWU first in the concession column, and know that their respective management negotiators will be demanding to match the next TWU debacle.

Why don't you step out on a limb Bill and tell us what you think we will happen the next time the TWU goes to the bargaining table on your behalf? Will it be another 6 year contract with 6.5% raise? Will it be another B Scale without a defined pension plan? Or will it be a seperaion of the line versus overhaul contracts that will place you squarely in competition with the non-union MRO? Will be a complete elimination heath insurance followed by a TWU sales flyer offering costly coverage?

Come on Bill, give us your insight and wisdom?

By the way, I know union members from Northwest that were paid retraining by the state of Minnesota, left the industry and are now considerably better off than you or me! Many of them running their own companies and are probably hoping a union like yours will show up to represent their workers so they can profit from paying substandard wages for their respective industries. So go ahead and gloat about those that were not so fortunate, but remember, the TWU is soon bringing your next concession.

The only benchmarks you would know anything about are the ones that are formed in the backside of your arse, I don't think that's much of an accomplishment, but when AA decides to reward idiots like you for doing nothing but whining, I'm through... :p
Just because Conman and Burdchette state Tulsa reached a "breakthrough" goal of $501 million in savings, doesn't mean it's the truth. Were is the spreadsheet with the breakdown and stats??? Confidential I suppose??? Did you think they would announce anything else??? :rolleyes:

Simpletons like yourself worship at the bronse alter of the 514 bus and believe everything your told like a moron. Now return to the 514 Kremlin on Pine Street, the twu village needs it's idiot back. ;)

BTW, you won't mind if I don't hold my breath for any "reward" from AA. That's about like reaching in managements pocket, Burdchette does it so well...... :blink:

Bill, I have resigned myself to the fact that you are proud of the concessions we gave, and that you believe in the company union concept of labor relations.

That's your first mistake! "Proud" has never entered my thoughts regarding concessions. And the company union concept is working. But it is not the concept that you portray on these boards....ie..."Pajama Party", "In bed with the company" etc You don't want to believe anything that could even remotely be successful so you take every chance you get to shoot it down. That is your perrogative my friend.

But to defend yourself by using an example of those that your "without further ratifications" placed in a competetive dissadvantage in the industry which led to Bankruptcy filings, loss of jobs, and other worker suffering is over the top.

What are you talking about? The vote was made Informer. Concessions approved by ALL 3 UNOINS AND ITS MEMBERS. So you are saying that because the unions chose to fight it out and not got the BK route that is the cause of what you state above? Is the TWU causing global warming to??? I would guess there is more to a failing company than just 3 unions choosing to stay out of BK.

You actually gloat in the fact that your industry leading concessions of 2003 and more so for the last twenty years have led this skilled profession to being at the bottom of the barrel and in some instances complete collapse.

Gloating?????

You think more like Airline Management, than a union member.

Wrong! I am union thru and thru. But because my choice to help my union brothers and sisters is different than yours that makes me just like management. Brilliant conclusion!

You can continue to disregard those at the line stations, those at other airlines, and those workers that in the future will suffer from your continuous capitulation to management demands.

I have never disregarded anyone. I have fought for many issues relating to those you mentioned and I have not surrenderd to anything or anyone. You don't have the first clue to what this working together process entails. You don't have a clue to what information we now have access to that we were denied before. You just don't like the concept so you damn it. Another perrogative.

I know, as long as "You've got yours brother" you have complete disregard for others. But my bet is in the end, you pay the price for that philosophy.

I do have mine and you have yours and he has his and she has hers etc etc etc. I also know that it is a hell of alot more than others. Tell me, what price will I pay???

I do know that my union brothers and sisters at SWA and UPS wish we could somehow grow some courage and change folks like yourself. You never seem to make mention of their pay and benefit structure. And given the next TWU negotiations have been announced those at other arilines can surely look forward to another TWU first in the concession column, and know that their respective management negotiators will be demanding to match the next TWU debacle.

SWA and UPS are in a different financial state than AA. You can't even compare. If they are sitting back and waiting to see what the TWU will do they are in quite disaray then aren't they. You'd think they'd have better things to do. Hey, why is it that you haven't joined them at SWA or UPS????? You'd think if it is as bad as you claim....for over 25 years for God's sake, you'd have been gone. What's up??

Why don't you step out on a limb Bill and tell us what you think we will happen the next time the TWU goes to the bargaining table on your behalf? Will it be another 6 year contract with 6.5% raise? Will it be another B Scale without a defined pension plan? Or will it be a seperaion of the line versus overhaul contracts that will place you squarely in competition with the non-union MRO? Will be a complete elimination heath insurance followed by a TWU sales flyer offering costly coverage?

No matter how I answer this loaded question you will find a way to rip me on anything I say. I am not directly involved in all that so I can't say what they will ask for. Will we get it all back....maybe....maybe not. I do know that those involved are aware of "your" opinions, expectations. I also know they have sacrificed just like you have. The gloves will be off.

Come on Bill, give us your insight and wisdom?

By the way, I know union members from Northwest that were paid retraining by the state of Minnesota, left the industry and are now considerably better off than you or me! Many of them running their own companies and are probably hoping a union like yours will show up to represent their workers so they can profit from paying substandard wages for their respective industries. So go ahead and gloat about those that were not so fortunate, but remember, the TWU is soon bringing your next concession.

Lucky for them. I am glad that some (probably more like a few) were able to succeed. And how many was that??? 3-4000????? Now that would be a success story compared to what the majority endured. You encompass me as this selfish, only in it for me, don't care about anyone else, ass-kissing unoin member but when you shrug off the thousands who lost their jobs, insurance, their pensions, their livlihood, because face it Informer that is the stance you take, that all or nothing mentality, what does that make you? You continue to blame the TWU!

Bill,

It is the concessions that have led to the celebrations you most recenlty gloated about. Thus you are indeed PROUD of the concessions. It is obvious reading you postings how proud you really are. Tell us all that it was not concessions in work rules that led to the $500 Million. Tell us your not proud when enjoying visits by dignitaries, BBQ Sandwhiches, media reports galore, and celebrating with management. Or do you have a form of celebration that does not require pride that I have not learned about?

Below is your quote when questioned about negotiations with the TWU.

I am not directly involved in all that so I can't say what they will ask for.

You got that part right, the members are not directly involved, and cannot say what "they" will ask for. Who is "they" Bill? Is "they" the TWU, Bill? Shouldn't it really be "What We" will ask for Bill? Well not with the TWU, you have it right, it is indeed "THEY". Don't feel bad though, the majority in Tulsa have been trained that the "UNION" is "they" and "we" are just the lowly dues payers. Your own damn comments make it clear this union is worthless and over powering.

You keep discounting the fact that the TWU has neogitated 20+ years of concessions. You only reference the restructuring agreement when explaining away TWU concessions.

What about the 1983 B-scale? What about the 1995 six contract with 6.5% in raises? What about weak contract language that allowed unilateral removal of the lump sum option on your pension? I am not going to continue to list the long and weighty rapsheet of TWU failures you have read them before on these boards, but you just choose to ignore them.

Obviously the differences in our views is related to cumulative history along with the cause and effect of that history.

You keep harping on your perogative to view the 2003 concessions differently. And then you claim "there will always be something" wrong with the TWU in mind. Well guess what Bill, for 20+ years there always has been something wrong with the TWU. And it took me well over 12 years to see it for what it really is myself. From the law breaking handling of the "New Directions" group in New York, to the anti-democratic handling of resolutions on the TWU Convention floor. To the fact that none of the TWU International Leadership is ever subjected to a ballot of the membership. Completed would be the history available when looking at contract after contract with concessions and losses in workers standard of living. Never is there a gain without an equal or greater loss in the overall equation of worker compensation when it comes to TWU bargaining. These cannot all be discounted as difficult times required difficult decisions.

OK, so you have a different view of the 2003 Concessions than I do, but what about the rest of the dirty laundry basket in the TWU pantry? I can assure you, my hate for the TWU did NOT come from one instance of do or die decision making. MY hate comes from a well documented and living history of the TWU.

Did cha git some a dat BBQ Bologna? Umh, umh, umh! That ther Q beats a pay raise any ole' day....... :lol: :lol:

In the imortal words of Henry Hill in Goodfellas:
"FUQUE YOU, PAY ME!" :down:

Latest posts