fleet furloughs for cities being cut in service

night-ice

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
the list of cities that are either losing or gaining flights has been posted in another topic. now for those cities that have "0" f/t and "0" p/t furloughs, does that mean that those cities will not lose any employees? what about those that have more seniority, say in PIT, than those in one of those cities and is a full-timer? can they knock off the junior part-timer at that station that is less in seniority? or, they just have to wait until recall?

Sorry night-ice....station closures also mean mainline to express only status....not only stoppage of all service...

[:blackeye:] Those cities with 0 gains/loses in manpower are at bare bones staffing already for their schedule.....only station closures allow agts to bid vacancies posted in other cities I believe.....yes, recall to your existing station is about it....'bumping' rights went out a long time ago...sorry....

----------------
On 9/1/2002 12:04:40 AM

the list of cities that are either losing or gaining flights has been posted in another topic. now for those cities that have "0" f/t and "0" p/t furloughs, does that mean that those cities will not lose any employees? what about those that have more seniority, say in PIT, than those in one of those cities and is a full-timer? can they knock off the junior part-timer at that station that is less in seniority? or, they just have to wait until recall?
----------------
I understand that Fleet Service contract can become null & void in times of BK. But what about pg.35...System Displacements?

----------------
On 9/1/2002 11:52:09 AM

----------------
On 9/1/2002 12:04:40 AM

----------------
I understand that Fleet Service contract can become null & void in times of BK. But what about pg.35...System Displacements?
----------------
I don't my contract with me.....can you refresh p 35....in a nutshell....thanx

No, I don't have it either...does anyone care to enlighten us with this info?

----------------
On 9/1/2002 4:26:09 PM

No, I don't have it either...does anyone care to enlighten us with this info?
----------------
Page 35, Fl. Ser. Contract.....If there are insufficient FT positions available, employees may displace (in classification Seniority order)the most junior FT employees on the system. OR bid a PT position in their station. We did this in Oct. and Jan. Lower seniority FT's in PHL were displaced by senior agents from BWI and elsewhere.