Fleet Repainting

mstrmoe

Jul 5, 2013
DP said that AWE a/c have the priority. Anyone know when the first ones go in to be repainted/will be delivered in the new look?

BusWhisperer said:
Not sure. However, there are a couple of planes out there with the Star Alliance logo stickered over.

700UW said:
From what the company said the Star Alliance planes will be painted first.
Guess they'll have to be ready for the move to OW

700 is correct . The Star Jets are the first to be painted since all reference to the Star Alliance must be remove before we join Oneworld on Mar 31.

Reactions: 2 people
Secondary question for those in the know: If DP said that the US planes have priority, and the first US plane isn't going to  be painted until next month, are they halting painting of the AA planes?

Good question I d8nt knw bout aa but in a company news letter even somemof the new airbus planes of us will still come in us livery im not sure why unless it has something to do with one certificate from faa?

robbedagain said:
Good question I d8nt knw bout aa but in a company news letter even somemof the new airbus planes of us will still come in us livery im not sure why unless it has something to do with one certificate from faa?
I heard the same thing, and the folks on airliners.net were mentioning that it is because the tails in Toulouse are painted in the airline livery before the aircraft itself (like the vertical stabilizers at Boeing are), but I'm not sure if that's the reason

I watched the CLT crew news today and they spoke about paint on new aircraft deliveries going forward. Why would any aircraft delivered from this point on have any paint job on it but Americans? The only thing painted  on any aircraft coming down the assembly line is the rudder. What is the big deal about changing the paint jobs?

etops1 said:
700 is correct . The Star Jets are the first to be painted since all reference to the Star Alliance must be remove before we join Oneworld on Mar 31.

This is an outrage.  The only fair way to paint the planes is by their seniority date of entry into the US fleet.  Anything else would be an insult to those aircraft that have spent years dutifully carrying our passengers across North America and the Atlantic.

Reactions: 12 people
Well smart butt, 700 and 701 are the first A319s and Airbus Aircraft US received from Airbus.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Well smart butt, 700 and 701 are the first A319s and Airbus Aircraft US received from Airbus.

Doesn't make them the most senior planes in the fleet.  Seniority painting for ALL planes, not just Airbus.  Say what you will, I'm grieving it as we speak.

Reactions: 4 people