Fleet service to force vote?

limit

Senior
Jan 3, 2003
We were told that during the last union meeting 514 president Steve Luis informed the guys that Fleet service went to the company with an offer that might mirror the "final take it or leave it"contract offer of AA a couple of months ago and if AA accepts Fleet service has now enough votes to force a vote on that proposal.
He also said that details of the offer are not known to him as of now.
This is second hand info so please confirm/deny and comment.

We were told that during the last union meeting 514 president Steve Luis informed the guys that Fleet service went to the company with an offer that might mirror the "final take it or leave it"contract offer of AA a couple of months ago and if AA accepts Fleet service has now enough votes to force a vote on that proposal.

Haven't heard about that - perhaps another can relate something.

Just remember - once anything is put out for a vote and then voted down, Little Jimmy can accept it on our behalf.

Haven't heard about that - perhaps another can relate something.

Just remember - once anything is put out for a vote and then voted down, Little Jimmy can accept it on our behalf.

We were told so by our shop steward.
I am certain this was said at the meeting,even though I was not there.
Does anyone outside of Tulsa have any info on this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, this CHARACTER.."Luis"..states......."That Fleet Service, went to the company with an offer" !

First question I'd have for him would be,

"Who EXACTLY is Fleet Service" ???

I mean, does that "Indicate" a delegation of guys/gals from JFK or PHL or BOS or MIA or DSM/IAD/MSP..and DFW approach the Company with this(so called) Offer ?

limit, don't get me wrong, I'm not "bustin' Em' on YOU,...............But I'm sure you are getting my drift !!

So, this CHARACTER.."Luis"..states......."That Fleet Service, went to the company with an offer" !

I mean, does that "Indicate" a delegation of guys/gals from JFK or PHL or BOS or MIA or DSM/IAD/MSP..and DFW approach the Company with this(so called) Offer ?

limit, don't get me wrong, I'm not "bustin' Em' on YOU,...............But I'm sure you are getting my drift !!
Word is that Steve Lius has proven that he is no Dennis Burchette. He has been reliable and open minded and understands the concept that unionism is supposed to bring representation to all workers, not just the majority in one base.

The former suckup reps of Local 501 supported the companys offer, they have been replaced, two months ago, despite the fact that the Negotiations website, you know the place where we are supposed to go to stay informed, does not reflect the change. Expect a shift towards the left :up: :up: in negotiations now that 501 has once again returned to being a real local.

Chio was doomed long before he threw his support behind this 'offer' from the company.

Giving away the employee bus driving job at JFK, throwing the remaining Title II people out the door, the list of surrenders is long.

My lasting image of him will always be of him quick stepping down the hangar line at LGA to avoid the angry clerks on the field after the first disaster of a bid Sophia Phillis dropped on us three years ago.Everyone on the line working 9-5...what is this, a bank?

Only thing he did right was ask the section chairman who was sleeping with the manager of ramp services to step down.Which he did, and took a CSM job at her new station (IAD).

What's Chio doing these days? He back in freight? :lol:

I've tried to understand this but can't.

Am I to understand that Fleet Circus sidestepped the negotiating committee to make the company an offer? I'm quite sure Little will have no qualms about writing up a LOA to handle the situation but WTF?

Are they trying to become a separate entity re: negotiations similar to the dispatchers or do they simply want their own union?

The story we got from the negotiations was that the fleet service negotiators were not fully prepared to present their cause to the company. In fact, a large part of their plan was to "me Too" the company on whatever the AMTs got. If I were a fleet service clerk, I would be pissed off at the lack of effort their negotiators have shown. Word is, all they saw was the money, forget about all the bad stuff. So, this news doesn't surprise me...

I think we need to quickly bring the two year extension to a vote. If we vote it in now,we can be locked in before fuel(oil) prices come down any further. :blink:

I've tried to understand this but can't.

Am I to understand that Fleet Circus sidestepped the negotiating committee to make the company an offer? I'm quite sure Little will have no qualms about writing up a LOA to handle the situation but WTF?

Are they trying to become a separate entity re: negotiations similar to the dispatchers or do they simply want their own union?

Goose,

Just curious, what do you mean by Fleet Circus? :unsure:

Word is that Steve Lius has proven that he is no Dennis Burchette. He has been reliable and open minded and understands the concept that unionism is supposed to bring representation to all workers, not just the majority in one base.

The former suckup reps of Local 501 supported the companys offer, they have been replaced, two months ago, despite the fact that the Negotiations website, you know the place where we are supposed to go to stay informed, does not reflect the change. Expect a shift towards the left :up: :up: in negotiations now that 501 has once again returned to being a real local.

Well word now on S. Luis is that he is a "trader", well to everyone except TUL, we will now get the "PROPOSAL" the original one brought back to the table at the next negoitations meeting, which previously did not have enough votes to bring back to the membership for a vote, well, LUIS, will vote YES to bring it back to the membership! Carmine and Fred have secured the headcount at TUL and they will have absolutely no RIF, like always!!! So TUL will "working together" with management will vote YES!

The proposal is CRAAP like always! No hourly rate, just a couple of bone-us checks that can be made by working some OT! And oh yea, as for the health and insurance to be discussed at a later date, and VEBA, well look it up, and see how well that is working out for GM. We don't want it!!! It is worse than what we have now!!! And that is not saying much.

And take a look at these links:

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2008/06/1.../#comment-38258

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp..._A21_hCity51642

Looks and reads like TUL is going to have a lot more problems headed their way!!!!

Carmine and Fred have secured the headcount at TUL and they will have absolutely no RIF, like always!!! So TUL will "working together" with management will vote YES!

No RIF like always. I have been on RIF in an OSM shop for 5 years, 2 months, 13 days. What are you talking about? We had over 750 get hit on the last RIF just in TULE alone. :angry:

No RIF like always. I have been on RIF in an OSM shop for 5 years, 2 months, 13 days. What are you talking about? We had over 750 get hit on the last RIF just in TULE alone. :angry:

Yes, they laid off in Tulsa two weeks ahead of everybody else,so Tulsa would have the best pick of jobs around the system. Most of those 750 came to AFW and DFW. Tulsa not only steals AFW's work, but they steal AFW's jobs also.

Yes, they laid off in Tulsa two weeks ahead of everybody else,so Tulsa would have the best pick of jobs around the system. Most of those 750 came to AFW and DFW. Tulsa not only steals AFW's work, but they steal AFW's jobs also.
You want to say most came to afw/dfw what were the numbers you have. Because you know that most did not go there yes some did but most did not. most amt's bumped osm's here in tulsa but you know that, you just want to stir up crap

Latest posts