Flex Benefits - A Company Union Medical Plan

The TWU says:

Brother, they can do that!
:down: :down: :down: :down:

RV4 said:
Go here to see how your TWU medical plan changes are going to compound your already known pay and benefit cuts. :angry:

http://www.air-mechanic.com/cgi-bin/AMUBB/...ic;f=1;t=000066

SIGN YOUR AMFA CARD TODAY
I did a side by side comparison of the American and Eagle medical plan costs. For approximatly the same coverage the American cost is $117/month and the Eagle cost is $225/month. Since AMR is self insured, what would explain the huge difference in price? Are Eagle's claims more expensive to process? Most Eagle employees believe that they pay extra to bring the American employee's out of pocket expenses down. What would you say to those people Dave? Are they right or wrong?

BTW, I tried to pick comparable plans but Eagle plans and American plans are different, but in all cases Eagle's were worse.

will fix for food said:
RV4 said:
Go here to see how your TWU medical plan changes are going to compound your already known pay and benefit cuts. :angry:

I did a side by side comparison of the American and Eagle medical plan costs. For approximatly the same coverage the American cost is $117/month and the Eagle cost is $225/month. Since AMR is self insured, what would explain the huge difference in price? Are Eagle's claims more expensive to process? Most Eagle employees believe that they pay extra to bring the American employee's out of pocket expenses down. What would you say to those people Dave? Are they right or wrong?

BTW, I tried to pick comparable plans but Eagle plans and American plans are different, but in all cases Eagle's were worse.

:shock: I would say...

"sign your cards and get rid of the TWU" :shock:

RV4 said:
will fix for food said:
RV4 said:

:shock: I would say...

"sign your cards and get rid of the TWU" :shock:
The same plan covers the ALPA represented pilots, AFA represented FA's and non-union gate agents.

How do you compare cost of plans between Airlines and Workgroups? Or where do you obtain the comparative data?

I would like to do some "side by side" comparing of my own.

Thanks

RV4 said:
How do you compare cost of plans between Airlines and Workgroups? Or where do you obtain the comparative data?

I would like to do some "side by side" comparing of my own.

Thanks
Jetnet.

The 2004 sign up period is this month so I compared the costs of the plan my family has to the comparable plan. I have access to both the Eagle side of Jetnet and the American Side of Jetnet.

Very simple.

will fix for food said:
Are you implying that my last name is Orlando? Where did you get that from?
Maybe, but I just wondering how you have access to all the rates. I am unable to do the same. Are you in management or high up in the twu? :eek:

AMFAMAN said:
Maybe, but I just wondering how you have access to all the rates. I am unable to do the same. Are you in management or high up in the twu? :eek:
Let's see....If I am John Orlando I would probably not be pointing out the less than stellar contracts that the TWU has been negotiating for Eagle in the past. The same for if I was mini-Orlando. Thanks for guessing though, you get a QP doll for your efforts.

If you must know, I work for Eagle and my wife works for American. She carries me on her insurance because it is cheaper and better. That is how I know the comparative costs.

will fix for food said:
Let's see....If I am John Orlando I would probably not be pointing out the less than stellar contracts that the TWU has been negotiating for Eagle in the past. The same for if I was mini-Orlando. Thanks for guessing though, you get a QP doll for your efforts.

If you must know, I work for Eagle and my wife works for American. She carries me on her insurance because it is cheaper and better. That is how I know the comparative costs.
OK,

That explains your ability to compare your and hers.

Now explain how you compare Mechanics, F/A, and Pilot plans?

RV4 said:
That explains your ability to compare your and hers.

Now explain how you compare Mechanics, F/A, and Pilot plans?
As far as Eagle goes, the plans aren't any different for the different work groups. I wasn't aware that they were different for the American work groups either except for upper management. I will have her research the differences for me, unless you would like to enlighten me first.