Flight Attendant Assaulted

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
So I understand the interfering with flight crew(s) charge, but what about the assault charge? And the assault causing bodily injury too??
They need to start throwing all charges that go with these F/A's assaults just like the cops do when they arrest individuals on the streets. Pack it all on and let the AG filter thru them all and file the correct and ALL charges related to the entire incident.
I think this lady is getting off too easy. F/A's teeth are damaged for life and will possibly need new crown replacements later, plus the related maintenance. Stitches below the eye on her face, perm scar there. If I were the F/A I would sue said passenger for the assault and all bills related to it and in the future care for the teeth and injuries.
She better get some time in jail for this, otherwise people will just keep doing it. Enough is enough, give her the max allowed...

Reactions: SharoninSAT
Our F/A's are adamantly against the alcohol coming back. All the while AA is the ONLY hold out still on the ban on alcohol sales.
Fire up those letters F/A's union and lets get all our unions to support and back our F/A's and flight crews. Start emailing the new CEO and operations directors and let's see if we can't keep alcohol sales off the aircraft.
Anyone else agree?

I don't agree. Alcohol has been on planes as long as pilots have been around... why weren't there assaults prior to 2020?...

Seems obvious the rise in assaults happened when mask mandates were implemented.

But hey, lets piss people off more by removing alcohol (the only thing proven to make flying more tolerable for nervous fliers...).

Our F/A's are adamantly against the alcohol coming back. All the while AA is the ONLY hold out still on the ban on alcohol sales.
Fire up those letters F/A's union and lets get all our unions to support and back our F/A's and flight crews. Start emailing the new CEO and operations directors and let's see if we can't keep alcohol sales off the aircraft.
Anyone else agree?

There are a lot of angry people out there with issues
and alcohol triggers their hostility. This behavior has
been going on for a long time. I agree swamt that inflight
alcohol should remain banned on our flights. Our flight
crews and other passengers should not have to
put up with that danger.

I don't agree. Alcohol has been on planes as long as pilots have been around... why weren't there assaults prior to 2020?...

Seems obvious the rise in assaults happened when mask mandates were implemented.

But hey, lets piss people off more by removing alcohol (the only thing proven to make flying more tolerable for nervous fliers...).
I can respect that.
I also think the requirement to wear mask was also an added contributor.
There were unruly passengers even back in the days. The difference now a days is the social media with the cell phones where we now get way more info as soon as it happens.
I don't care about pissing passengers off for the removal of alcohol, those folks can fly another airline if they so desire to do so to just follow the alcohol (a pure sign of a person with addiction problems). If ya can't control yourself in a professional and disciplined manner while consuming alcohol then you don't need any alcohol.
I am more about the safety and comfort of my fellow employees and our passengers than I am one one or two alcoholic beverage drinkers. And IF some one needs to "medicate" themselves prior to a flight, then they need to takes the proper meds or pills for that reason, and even go see their Dr. for the "proper" medicated items required to calm them down prior to and during their flights. Alcohol is NOT the proper replacement for the folks that need calming for flights PERIOD. It only multiplies their anxiety and stress 10 fold to the point where they freak out instead of remaining calm cool and collective, and this is proven.

There are a lot of angry people out there with issues
and alcohol triggers their hostility. This behavior has
been going on for a long time. I agree swamt that inflight
alcohol should remain banned on our flights. Our flight
crews and other passengers should not have to
put up with that danger.
BINGO! Girl, agree 100%
It has been proven that alcohol only increases the incidents. And yes, alcohol only intensifies the problems with hostility during flights. Ban the alcohol pls SWA...

SwaaMt, seems that you're buying into the union's hype hook line and sinker. How do you explain the fact these incidents continued to happen without alcohol?

If I've had a crappy day of meetings and dealing with the TSA, it's not addiction to look forward to a drink to help me unwind. Instead, I get to keep that anger or frustration for the duration of my trip. Seems that's just inviting the problems to continue.

From a financial perspective, alcohol sales are pure profit for the airline. If SWA and AAL want to leave money on the table, all the better for UAL, DAL and the other LCC's. That extra 1 or 3% to the bottom line could be the difference between a profit or a loss these days.

I'm not buying into anything E. I am simply calling it as I have and still see it. As you explain your story, that is the way it is suppose to be, just relax and unwind after a long day at work and returning home. But some folks can't handle, manage or control their actions when they add in the alcohol on top of a long day, bad day, trouble with the TSA etc... Add in the alcohol then the smallest things onboard turn into "unruly passengers". It will not break Southwest if the were to keep the alcohol off the aircraft. Been done since they removed it already and still not even at full capacity as of yet. It is proven and on record that all cases, where alcohol is involved, the issues are 10 fold more unruly that when no alcohol is involved plain and simple and you know this is fact.
Yea, some folks will still get bent out of shape over being told to mask up, but it won't turn into chaos and blows unless alcohol is involved, period. I say leave the multiplier off the aircraft, that 1% of profits is not worth the damage that can and will be done to our employees, flight crews and customers.
Of course I agree with the unions thoughts on the alcohol. But let's be perfectly clear here, it's not a union thing, it's an employee's and customer's thing. Funny how the "unions" look out for the safety of the employees and customers more so than some of these co's. ONE issue is ONE issue too many...

Most of the incidents I've seen lately happened before the airplane even takes off.

How can you blame liquor sales for that?

I'll agree that some people can't control their actions, but when you've been locked down and told to wear a face diaper because "sciencism" says you should, people tend to snap at the littlest thing.

Having some Karen complain that your mask slipped below your nose or that you're taking too long to eat doesn't need alcohol to cause a reaction.

Alcohol is a red herring in a much larger problem.

Two years ago, I said it's a bad idea to turn gate agents and flight attendants into the mask police. But hey, I think some of the FA's enjoyed the power trip.

Now they're paying a price for what's ultimately really bad policy.

And guess where they were prior to their flight boarding? Yup, in the bars at the airport. Matter fact we just had 3 issues where passengers we denied to board because they were too intoxicated, or plainly just had too many drinks PRIOR to boarding. Some are able to slip by when they behave enough to get on then they think they are golden and untouchable once in their seats. That's how E.

So.... if they're already drunk as you're alleging, then banning alcohol onboard still has zero positive impact or effect.

So.... if they're already drunk as you're alleging, then banning alcohol onboard still has zero positive impact or effect.
You are wrong there E. banning does and would have a positive impact and effect and that's fact. If they don't ban the alcohol the confrontations will only get WORSE. The already intoxicated or passenger(s) that have already started drinking prior to boarding will only add more alcohol into their system and IF those said passengers do get into a confrontation it will obviously only multiply the confrontation, as proven by the lady that slapped and punched an elder gentleman that asked her to please where her mask properly.
Now days with the cells phones and social media with the immediate info spreaders, I have heard a couple cases where some folks with really good jobs have been released/terminated or suspended without pay and or demoted in another case.
Banning the alcohol would in fact improve the safety of our employees as well as our dedicated loyal customers, and that my friend SHOULD simply override any 1% profit margins, period...

Right. And making customers wear masks made from the same material that can't block farts will somehow stop the virus from spreading...

Masks are by far the biggest cause of "unruly passenger reports" not alcohol. If you want the reports to drop, get rid of the mask mandates.
capture_400007.jpg

Last edited: