Flight Attendant furlough (EAST)

lildutchgrl

Advanced
Apr 4, 2007
VOLUNTARY FURLOUGHS

As part of the announced capacity reductions and international seasonal flying reductions the Company found themselves in an overstaffed situation. Prior to any involuntary furloughs the Company is required to offer Voluntary Furlough (VF) programs and a Voluntary Separation Incentive Program (VSIP).

The VF and VSIP program bid closed yesterday at 1500 EDT. Initial results have been communicated to the Union. I am happy to report that both the three (3) month and eight (8) month VF programs were well oversubscribed; therefore, there will be no involuntarily furloughs on the East at this time.

The Company is still validating all of the bids and determining if displacements will be necessary as a result of the VF bids.

The final awards will be released on Monday July 21, 2008 and the Union will advise you as soon as we have been provided the final results.

Please, please, please let my name be on the list!

Did you put in for the 3 month or the 8 month? I'm sure you were awarded a voluntary furlough. I had put in for the 8 month but then changed my mind so I retracted it. I'm glad that I did retract it, even if I do get displaced. I even thought about putting in for just the 3 month leave but I can't afford to not work for 3 months. That one may go really senior so I probably wouldn't have been awarded that one anyway. I know I complain about this job but it's a long story I can't get into here. I can't wait to see what's going to happen over the next few months though. Oh, and I won't be complaining so much about this place anymore. Or at least for a while. I won't even complain when I work on Christmas and Thanksgiving. Man, I had the chance to get those holidays off. But now, I choose to be here. It's kind of like a marriage, for better or for worse...and with fuel prices skyrocketing I'll just add til death do us part. LOL! Hopefully that won't happen to US. Good luck to you! I hope you do get your leave. This is probably the best time to take it.

I put in for both with the 8 month leave as the first choice. I got a confirmation of receipt from R.C.

I have no idea what the results will look like. The Union said that they got plenty of applications but that doesn't give me an idea as to whether I will hold it or not. I won't be completely crushed if I don't get it but that means that I'll have to bid for September Primaries which are due soon.

I will try not to think too much about it until Monday. Where will they post it? I fly a one-day tomorrow and will be off until September 1st, so hopefully the results will be posted on the Hub or Catcrew.

Did you put in for the 3 month or the 8 month? I'm sure you were awarded a voluntary furlough. I had put in for the 8 month but then changed my mind so I retracted it. I'm glad that I did retract it, even if I do get displaced. I even thought about putting in for just the 3 month leave but I can't afford to not work for 3 months. That one may go really senior so I probably wouldn't have been awarded that one anyway. I know I complain about this job but it's a long story I can't get into here. I can't wait to see what's going to happen over the next few months though. Oh, and I won't be complaining so much about this place anymore. Or at least for a while. I won't even complain when I work on Christmas and Thanksgiving. Man, I had the chance to get those holidays off. But now, I choose to be here. It's kind of like a marriage, for better or for worse...and with fuel prices skyrocketing I'll just add til death do us part. LOL! Hopefully that won't happen to US. Good luck to you! I hope you do get your leave. This is probably the best time to take it.

FlightChic,

Have you been drinking at Flashbacks already today? lol

Why are you rambling?...... LUV YA lol :up:

I put in for both with the 8 month leave as the first choice. I got a confirmation of receipt from R.C.

I have no idea what the results will look like. The Union said that they got plenty of applications but that doesn't give me an idea as to whether I will hold it or not. I won't be completely crushed if I don't get it but that means that I'll have to bid for September Primaries which are due soon.

I will try not to think too much about it until Monday. Where will they post it? I fly a one-day tomorrow and will be off until September 1st, so hopefully the results will be posted on the Hub or Catcrew.

If it's not on the Hub, Catcrew or AFA website Monday morning just call the Crew Service Center. That's what I did when I transferred to CLT and the transfers weren't posted anywhere but I called and they had the list.

FlightChic,

Have you been drinking at Flashbacks already today? lol

Why are you rambling?...... LUV YA lol

I've had one to many Yinglings! ;)

I asked my supervisor today if there is any news at all concerning the furloughs. She said that she had heard that 200 put in for the 8 month leave and 80 put in for the 3 month leave. I also heard from an F/A that Alin (local rep) said that the leaves will probably not go pass 1989. This is all guesswork but I'm surprised that the number of applicants is so low.

OK---I know this says furlough for the East side but I want to ask any Westies that read this. What's your take on your new MECP Lisa Lacarre on that side. I just read her e-line where she states:

'AFA would like to acknowledge the cooperation and dedication of US Airways Director of Labor Relations, Cindi Simone, who, through patience and professionally acumen, kept AFA updated on VLOA results, answered a multitude of questions and provided information during the past two weeks.'

Why would she suck up to management in an e-line like that? Just curious.

OK---I know this says furlough for the East side but I want to ask any Westies that read this. What's your take on your new MECP Lisa Lacarre on that side. I just read her e-line where she states:

'AFA would like to acknowledge the cooperation and dedication of US Airways Director of Labor Relations, Cindi Simone, who, through patience and professionally acumen, kept AFA updated on VLOA results, answered a multitude of questions and provided information during the past two weeks.'

Why would she suck up to management in an e-line like that? Just curious.

Maybe she is hoping that Cindi will lend her a good secretary to edit and proof read e-lines.

We don't have any problem with her acknowledging a good working relationship with management but she is confusing to us.

Treat yourself to the A La Crape' e-line (Ouch!). It is one of her initial communiques' where she takes a shot at her own membership.

There is some discomfort. The voting is done but the jury is still out.

Latest posts