Flight Attendant Picketing to begin next week

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Hello, this is APFA President Tommie Hutto-Blake with an urgent call to all APFA members.

On Tuesday, April 17th, we are asking all Flight Attendants who have the time off, to join me along with your Base Leaders in speaking out against senior management's poor judgment to reward 874 executives with colossal bonuses upwards of $200 million while the rest of us continue to sacrifice every day. This informational picketing event will be system wide and is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local base time. Please be sure to wear your uniform. You will receive more details from your Base Chairs and APFA Headquarters in the next few days.

This systemwide national event will be kicked off in Dallas on Friday, April 13th at 9:00 a.m. Central Time at APFA Headquarters in Euless, Texas. For this event, we are asking any and all flight attendants to join us. Wear your uniform and please bring a pair of boots.

Clearly, our two protests - on Friday the 13th in Dallas, followed by a system wide event on Tuesday, April 17th should remind AMR Executives that we all shared in the pain and were promised a share of the gain. Now is the time for all flight attendants to stand up and join your coworkers. We look forward to seeing you on Friday, April 13th at APFA Headquarters at 9:00 a.m. , and Tuesday, April 17th - 10:00 a.m. - at your base city. Stay tuned to www.apfa.org. Thank you - and I look forward to seeing you on the 13th and the 17th!

Don't forget to mention us,... the former TWA flight attendants who are STILL furloughed.
If you are really a UNION and represent ALL of your people, you will keep us in mind and make an effort to get us back,... This is a perfect opportunity to metion us,... the "still furloughed" flight attendants from 911,...

A/A and the APFA have consistantly blamed 911 for our furlough,... And now openly admit that it would just be cheaper to wait our our recall rights, let us fall off the books and then hire off the streets at the new hire wage, saving them a lot of cash,.... Cash that will go to the exectutive bonus's no dought,...

We are not stupid,... we realize this is a business move and we live in a capitalist society,... But they are using 911 as a ruse to do this and in the name of the other 911 victims we cannot let this happen,...

Was it a coincidence that A/A recalled a bunch of f/a's right up to the TWA group and then stopped 2 years ago and haven't recalled another back since,...?
Look at the other major airlines,... they have all recovered, and recalled all the furloughed f/a's and are even hiring new hires,...
Not A/A,... and they are making enough money to pass out these huge bonus's,...?

Losing our jobs because of 911 gives the terrorists another victory from that attack,...

Let us return to our jobs,... our careers,... our lives,...

Extend our recall rights,...!!!!!!!!!!!

Read my blog at

http://donotletterrorismwin.blogspot.com/

John Linneman
TWA flight attendant for 18 years,...

Hello, this is APFA President Tommie Hutto-Blake with an urgent call to all APFA members.
On Tuesday, April 17th, we are asking all Flight Attendants who have the time off, to join me along with your Base Leaders in speaking out against senior management's poor judgment to reward 874 executives with colossal bonuses upwards of $200 million while the rest of us continue to sacrifice every day. This informational picketing event will be system wide and is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local base time. Please be sure to wear your uniform. You will receive more details from your Base Chairs and APFA Headquarters in the next few days.
This systemwide national event will be kicked off in Dallas on Friday, April 13th at 9:00 a.m. Central Time at APFA Headquarters in Euless, Texas. For this event, we are asking any and all flight attendants to join us. Wear your uniform and please bring a pair of boots.
Clearly, our two protests - on Friday the 13th in Dallas, followed by a system wide event on Tuesday, April 17th should remind AMR Executives that we all shared in the pain and were promised a share of the gain. Now is the time for all flight attendants to stand up and join your coworkers. We look forward to seeing you on Friday, April 13th at APFA Headquarters at 9:00 a.m. , and Tuesday, April 17th - 10:00 a.m. - at your base city. Stay tuned to www.apfa.org. Thank you - and I look forward to seeing you on the 13th and the 17th!

If you are really a UNION and represent ALL of your people, you will keep us in mind and make an effort to get us back.

They won't John, you know that they aren't a union.It's an affront to unions to call this airborne social club a union.

No other union in America would allow 4200 members to be laid off en masse then do absolutely nothing to get them recalled.

The proof is in the pudding,...
( I never knew what that meant but it fit's here,... I think )
And the pudding is getting thick which each passing day this airline sit's on the border of recalling the TWA f/a's,....

John Linneman

Extend our recall rights,... :up:

They won't John, you know that they aren't a union.It's an affront to unions to call this airborne social club a union.

No other union in America would allow 4200 members to be laid off en masse then do absolutely nothing to get them recalled.

Its funny how quickly when can get off topic. The statement below is false. There are still AA hired flight attendants on the furlough list. However, the TWA hired flight attendants are more than welcome to picket along side their APFA brothers and sisters next week.

Was it a coincidence that A/A recalled a bunch of f/a's right up to the TWA group and then stopped 2 years ago and haven't recalled another back since,...?

John Linneman
TWA flight attendant for 18 years,...

Its funny how quickly when can get off topic. The statement below is false. There are still AA hired flight attendants on the furlough list. However, the TWA hired flight attendants are more than welcome to picket along side their APFA brothers and sisters next week.
<_< ---- That would be great! If they weren't stoned by their own Union Brothers and Sisters! What really would be dramatic is if all exTWA F/A's wore their old TWA uniforms! Might attract a little Media attention!!! And that's what this is all about isn't it?

We received a phone call from THB announcing this at 12:15 am in the morning EDT. An absolute outrage to be called at that time of the night to hear such a recorded message from such an incompetent union. Even though they are aware of their own incompetency in doing this, they have yet to take responsibility for it. They are wrong to protest the management bonuses because it just shows why the incompetency of APFA should not be rewarded.

I recieved my recorded message at 11:30pm central...Hey at least I got one. As far as picketing in my old TWA uniform, I was furloughed as an AA flight attendant. Further dividing ourselves from the nAAtive flight attendants will do us no good. Ex TWA flight attendants need to rise above the dispicable treatment that we've recieved from APFA, we are better than that.
We are NOT "victims" of 911. Period. The victims were on those planes and trapped in those towers that day. We may be casualties of the aftermath of 911, but not victims. AA conveniently used 911 as an excuse for its "cultural cleansing," of the former TWA flight attendants. If I decide to picket for "our" union, I will be in an AA uniform.

Actually, there were close to 6000 f/as furloughed. Some TWA, (before the merging of the seniority list), and ALL of the rest are AA f/as. Those directly affected by the RPA were close to 4000, all but 99 of the non TWA AA f/as
have been returned to work.

AA insists that the furloughs were a result of 9-11. In a convoluted way, that "might" be true. The need for cost savings was a result of 9-11. However, I don't think ANYONE would agree that the bonus program should be funded on the backs of any worker or concession. The irony of the amount reported of $200,000,000 for the executive bonuses is equal to the annual "shared sacrifice" of the furloughed AA f/as. This is not a them vs us issue. The last of ALL furloughed AA f/as will fall off the seniority list in July of 2008.

This is one time that the workers of AA are "together". Can any one executive produce evidence or documentation of extraordinary gains that would trigger this "gift" in a performance based program? No, they are simply, "doing their jobs" for which they are already well compensated.

While the whole of APFA might be seen as "the enemy" by some furloughed flight attendants, I do know that there are a few base chairs that are truly pushing for recalls.

As a line flight attendant, I see how much we are suffering on the line, as well, but my thoughts are never far away from those who truly want to come back.

I emailed several base chairs about the recall issue, and only a couple responded, and at least one really stood out in his resolve to get the furloughed people back.

nbmcq01,

You're kidding right? "I don't think ANYONE would agree that the bonus program should be funded on the backs of any worker or concession."

I've said this on the United board and I'll say it here...the money is coming from shareholders or future shareholders more appropriately. They were granted stock based on performance. The union was well aware of this program. Has the stock not risen, you would have never heard about it. It rose, some people are reaping the benefits and instead of holding your union reps accountable for not getting more stock awarded to you as part of the concessions you're letting them use smoke and mirrors to direct blame at mgmt. How silly. Why is it that nobody is holding the union accountable for not explaining that this could happen when the bonuses were drawn as part of management's concessions (and yes, they did take pay & benefit cuts like everyone else)??? Why is it that when mgmt explained how they would make part of their future earning potential risk based through stock nobody complained? How is it that so many people could be so blinded by simple union schenanigans that distract them from the real problem...the union forgot to get enough stock for its members and now is blaming everyone else but themselves for the failure???

nbmcq01,

You're kidding right? "I don't think ANYONE would agree that the bonus program should be funded on the backs of any worker or concession."

I've said this on the United board and I'll say it here...the money is coming from shareholders or future shareholders more appropriately. They were granted stock based on performance. The union was well aware of this program. Has the stock not risen, you would have never heard about it. It rose, some people are reaping the benefits and instead of holding your union reps accountable for not getting more stock awarded to you as part of the concessions you're letting them use smoke and mirrors to direct blame at mgmt. How silly. Why is it that nobody is holding the union accountable for not explaining that this could happen when the bonuses were drawn as part of management's concessions (and yes, they did take pay & benefit cuts like everyone else)??? Why is it that when mgmt explained how they would make part of their future earning potential risk based through stock nobody complained? How is it that so many people could be so blinded by simple union schenanigans that distract them from the real problem...the union forgot to get enough stock for its members and now is blaming everyone else but themselves for the failure???

Trust me, we all hold the unions accountable. Illegal vote, illegal extension, no listening to those that had "been there", "done that" re: the SEC filing. It was shady right from the start. As a stockholder I am appalled that they are getting such exorbitant amounts. I don't begrudge them stock. I think the their "fair" share should equal ours. And yes, when the rank and file learned of the stock deal, we did protest...loudly. The Company insisting on a close date for the vote to avoid disclosing the stock deal is beyond polite discussion.