Flight Attendant Proposal Details

Bear96

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Here''s what UAL wants from its Flight Attendants. It''s from another website... ugly stuff.
-- In effect until 2009.
PAY:
-- Abolishment of international pay rates and 9% reduction in domestic pay rates to apply to all. This would result in an approximately 20% pay cut for those who now fly international, for example from $42.04/hr. to $34.57/hr. at Year 7 (the middle of the pay scale).
-- Elimination of other remaining scheduled pay increases and lump sums in the current contract, to be replaced by 1.5% annual pay increases.
-- Elimination of: A-scale COLA; ground pay; ORC.
-- Reduction of: understaffing pay; reserve override pay; holding time pay.
-- Pay based on actual flight (or deadhead) time in duty period instead of scheduled.
-- Reduction of per diem to $1.50/hr.
-- Eliminate eight paid holidays, leaving two.
JOB SECURITY:
-- Scope changes to allow F/As to work in boarding areas and on passenger boarding devices. (Someone should let the IAM know about this threat to the CSR job!)
-- Revise foreign national side letter to enable UA to respond to rapidly changing industry environment.
-- Voluntary furlough awards and any associated benefits will be at Company discretion.
WORK RULES:
-- Quarterly maximums increase to 90/180/255 with opting to 95/190/270.
-- Elimination of: 8-in-24; 1-in-7; 30-in-7; all duty rigs; and one for three after four.
-- Time away from home trip rig reduced to 1 for 4.5 instead of 1 for 3.5.
-- Can work both ways between West Coast and HI in same duty period.
-- International legal rest reductions: at home, 24 hours rest after 8:01-12:00 flight time; 36 hours rest after over 12:00 flight time. On layover, no more place of lodging minimums, all block-to-block; 11 hours after 8:00 or less flight time; 18 hours after 8:01-12:00 flight time; 20 hours after over 12:00 flight time.
-- Duty day maximums increase to 14:00 scheduled and 16:00 actual for both domestic and international with less than 8:00 flight time.
-- Eliminate restrictions on reassignment rights to maximize productivity.
-- Reserve: May work reserves on up to four days off (move up to four days). No separate domestic / international reserve pools. May work up to 90 hours (or max, whichever is greater) in third month of quarter.
-- Elimination of 65 hour lineholder guarantee.
-- Company has more flexibility to determine, modify, and allocate open flying to ensure efficiency and productivity.
-- Vacation: accrual of 35 days. Vacation pay based on 2.6 hours per VAC day instead of value of trips missed. No more bulk lines. VAC days must be used for all unpaid family leave.
-- Elimination of downtown-like hotel language.
RETIREMENT AND INSURANCE:
-- Retirement multiplier reduced from 2.22% to 1.3%.
-- Early retirement penalty of 3% yearly reduction from age 62.
-- Company begins matching 50% of employee contribution to a maximum employee contribution of 4% into a defined contribution pension plan (i.e., a 401(k) plan).
-- 20% employee payment of medical and dental premiums.
-- Retiree insurance: payment of 50% of premium cost for over 25 years of service; 75% for 20-25 years; and 100% for 10-20 years.
-- Sick leave bank used for both occupational and non-occupational absences. Benefit reduced for any disability benefit or workers'' comp payments.
-- Three years maximum unpaid illness leave.
Merry Christmas!

OUCH! This sounds pretty painful. I have a feeling the proposals to the IAM and ALPA will be just as deep, if not worse.

As much as these proposals will be hard to swallow for all, I just want to remind everyone to take a peak at what's going on at USAir. If we do this right and get it done the first time around, we will be much better off in the long run.

Best of luck to us all!

OUCH! This sounds pretty painful. I have a feeling the proposals to the IAM and ALPA will be just as deep, if not worse.

As much as these proposals will be hard to swallow for all, I just want to remind everyone to take a peak at what's going on at USAir. If we do this right and get it done the first time around, we will be much better off in the long run.

Best of luck to us all!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 11:31:48 AM 767jetz wrote:

Best of luck to us all!
----------------
[/blockquote]

jetz, I wish I could share your optimism. All I am learning from the U situation is that this will only be the beginning and that there will be even more. We're going down. It's been fun.

[blockquote]
----------------

Best of luck to us all!
----------------
[/blockquote]

jetz, I wish I could share your optimism. All I am learning from the U situation is that this will only be the beginning and that there will be even more. We're going down. It's been fun.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 12:51:09 PM Bear96 wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

The reductions in the hourly wage rates are NOT what have me bothered. the real issue with me is the ludicrous other provisions they are seeking. 4.5-1 for trip rigs? YGTBSM This means nearly 340 hours away from home just to reach 75 hours. This means 11.25 hours PER DAY on average for a 30 day bid month. now the company will counter that they REALLY won't schedule that inefficiently. well if they "REALLY" won't then WTH do they need that much relief? UFB, the rigs leave me astonished and have me wondering if Tilton has gone off the deep end. And at the same time he now wants employees to pay over 200 bucks for a family of 4 employees to go one way from ORD to LAX. The only way we'll make it out of the current situation is by being a team, this is not a step in the right direction.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/22/2002 12:51:09 PM Bear96 wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

The reductions in the hourly wage rates are NOT what have me bothered. the real issue with me is the ludicrous other provisions they are seeking. 4.5-1 for trip rigs? YGTBSM This means nearly 340 hours away from home just to reach 75 hours. This means 11.25 hours PER DAY on average for a 30 day bid month. now the company will counter that they REALLY won't schedule that inefficiently. well if they "REALLY" won't then WTH do they need that much relief? UFB, the rigs leave me astonished and have me wondering if Tilton has gone off the deep end. And at the same time he now wants employees to pay over 200 bucks for a family of 4 employees to go one way from ORD to LAX. The only way we'll make it out of the current situation is by being a team, this is not a step in the right direction.

[blockquote]
----------------

Best of luck to us all!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Here's what the AFA said to their membership before this came out.

We worked incredibly hard to stay out of bankruptcy because we knew that changes to our Contract inside bankruptcy would be much greater. There is no way to sugar coat this, these changes are going to hurt, so be prepared.

Also, as usual, ALPA and the IAM will take a bigger cut than the AFA.

AFA expects that the portion allotted to the Flight Attendants will be significantly smaller relative to the cuts sought from other work groups, based on our 10 year industry average Contract.

[blockquote]
----------------

Best of luck to us all!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Here's what the AFA said to their membership before this came out.

We worked incredibly hard to stay out of bankruptcy because we knew that changes to our Contract inside bankruptcy would be much greater. There is no way to sugar coat this, these changes are going to hurt, so be prepared.

Also, as usual, ALPA and the IAM will take a bigger cut than the AFA.

AFA expects that the portion allotted to the Flight Attendants will be significantly smaller relative to the cuts sought from other work groups, based on our 10 year industry average Contract.

These proposals are not final and binding as indicated by the AFA.

It is important to note that through our continued discussions with the company, we have been given the indication that nothing is “take it or leave it,â€￾ and there is room for negotiations.

These proposals are not final and binding as indicated by the AFA.

It is important to note that through our continued discussions with the company, we have been given the indication that nothing is “take it or leave it,â€￾ and there is room for negotiations.

I've already seen what's "proposed" to the mechanics, but I just gotta know what the company is asking from the flyboys..OUCH,...MMMMMM....MMMM I just know the best is left for last....

I've already seen what's "proposed" to the mechanics, but I just gotta know what the company is asking from the flyboys..OUCH,...MMMMMM....MMMM I just know the best is left for last....

Hey...where's spacecase...We gonna go out and kick some booty now girl!!!