Flight Attendant Recalls

iwantout

Advanced
Nov 16, 2005
I guess management figured that Dec would come around and nobody would remember that when they did not do any recalls in August like they said they would do, they said there would be more recalls in Dec.

I guess PK in Inflight Admin. screwed up again. It amazes me how this guy can not get the inflight staffing right. We was a major factor in the 2003 flight attendant Christmas staffing meltdown and he still can not get it right.

I guess management figured that Dec would come around and nobody would remember that when they did not do any recalls in August like they said they would do, they said there would be more recalls in Dec.

I guess PK in Inflight Admin. screwed up again. It amazes me how this guy can not get the inflight staffing right. We was a major factor in the 2003 flight attendant Christmas staffing meltdown and he still can not get it right.
You can't teach an idiot a NEW Trick when he can't get the first one down pat. PK has made one blundering mistake after another over the years and somehow he found a way to ride the 'magic carpet' out to the Sandcastle. Prime example of Top Talent AT WORK. :lol:

I heard the next round of recalls will be in the late spring early summer. That was before the Delta deal. I imagine if that happens it will be longer much longer.

Its sad that everyone else is hiring and we continue to wait. I could go to another airline but want to come back to US. I hope its soon

You can't teach an idiot a NEW Trick when he can't get the first one down pat. PK has made one blundering mistake after another over the years and somehow he found a way to ride the 'magic carpet' out to the Sandcastle. Prime example of Top Talent AT WORK. :lol:

Look, calling PK an idiot is a bit unfair and unprofessional. My experience with him has shown that he is a capable and intelligent manager. BUT, PK is just ONE spoke in the wheel - the "wheel" being this management team. For the life of me, I can't understand why they manage by rolling over their employees. If, they spent more time rolling up their sleeves, communicating that they care, and working for and with US - the end result could be a respectful and amicable relationship between labor and management.

To date, my experience has shown me that there are no "the buck stops here" Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Etc., at US. I have witnessed a dysfunctional management team that answers to no one and does not apologize for their mistakes. Issues (such as benefits, payroll) that could, and should, be made right in a day, can sometimes drag on for weeks and months!!! This example contributes, in part, to a certain level of anger and distrust and, in your case, disrespect.

Though you are out on furlough there is no real reason to have anyone return right now. Reserves are sitting around without the ability to break guarantee. The ETB used to pick up time is severely restricted now. You would be sitting around on minimum guarantee and many of those returning would be doing it in a crashpad. Again, I'd love to see everyone back at work but until they fix this system it's pointless.

MAAMARCH04
Issues (such as benefits, payroll) that could, and should, be made right in a day, can sometimes drag on for weeks and months!!! This example contributes, in part, to a certain level of anger and distrust and, in your case, disrespect

Do you work for a certain wholly owned subsidiary, by any chance?? :ph34r:

Look, calling PK an idiot is a bit unfair and unprofessional. My experience with him has shown that he is a capable and intelligent manager.

And alas we now know that Maamarch04 is PK. I have never met anyone that thought he did a good job. Just look at all the screw ups he has caused.

And alas we now know that Maamarch04 is PK. I have never met anyone that thought he did a good job. Just look at all the screw ups he has caused.

I am certain most PHL pilots would join with the FAs in a job action.

Though you are out on furlough there is no real reason to have anyone return right now. Reserves are sitting around without the ability to break guarantee. The ETB used to pick up time is severely restricted now. You would be sitting around on minimum guarantee and many of those returning would be doing it in a crashpad. Again, I'd love to see everyone back at work but until they fix this system it's pointless.

100% Agree!!!

I too would like to see those that were furloughed back on the property, however they need to worry about those ON THE PROPERTY first before they add more to the mix. Adding more anytime soon will be a bad bad move. In fact, they should NEVER have brought back those 200 this year...I think they know that too. Glad you all came back though...good to see fresh faces