Flight Attendant

nmh190

Nov 10, 2009
I just recently applied for the flight attendant position with AirTran and was just wondering what everyone thought about the company from the in-flight aspect. I worked for Republic in the past and just wanted to know if Airtran was a good one to go for.

Thanks!

I just recently applied for the flight attendant position with AirTran and was just wondering what everyone thought about the company from the in-flight aspect. I worked for Republic in the past and just wanted to know if Airtran was a good one to go for.

Thanks!
Hello-

Run away from Airtran, so i have heard is a horrible company to work for , hope this helps

Hello-

Run away from Airtran, so i have heard is a horrible company to work for , hope this helps

Had a roommate who flew for United, and during her furlough from UA, got hired with Air Tran. On her checkride, supv. wrote up the 2 girls wokring in the back for allowing blankets to be next to emergency equip in the ohb. She told them they had 2 go back to training. My friend, who was a manager at a hosptial before her UA days, spoke up for them and managed to convince the supv to drop the insane stipulation of retraining. Then, Shay got sick flying on the DC9 (became nauseous in the aft) and asked to be removed. With no warning or reason, Air Tran fired her a week later even though she had a note from doctor. Thankfully, she went back to UA. She summed up her experience as working for a third rate carrier.

You might have a different experience than she did. It's better than regional flying.

I have worked at AirTran for approx 14 years and have enjoyed it very much, Even though there is no warm and fuzzy feeling with the management running the company, it hasn't been that bad of a place to have a career. I have never heard of anything like what was mentioned in above postings happening nor would the FA union allow that to happen if a proper grieveance was filed. All airlines are different. Some of the people I have met over the years that have been furlowed from other carriers, do have a chip on their shoulder. But I have never been furlowed by AirTran and don't know I would do, or feel if I were in that situation.

One also has to remember that even for employees represented by a union, it is pretty standard that you do not have full union protection during your probationary period and can be fired for almost any infraction. Though, I would tend to believe that there was something more than a sick call involved in a termination.

One also has to remember that even for employees represented by a union, it is pretty standard that you do not have full union protection during your probationary period and can be fired for almost any infraction. Though, I would tend to believe that there was something more than a sick call involved in a termination.

I agree with that as well!

Latest posts