Flight attendants plead with Arpey

Just a quick question. Was S. Cooper recalled yet? Has she said if she will/not come back? Just curious.

Hey Mark, are you done with training yet?

They wouldn't have to do anything to the CBA if the ANNOUNCED a recall of all remaining folks. This isn't a bonus. The furloughed f/as have paid more than $600,000,000 in shared sacrifice. Now what was the number associated with the most recent bonus? This doesn't just benefit the former TWA f/as. The most recent to "fall offs" were nAAtive (for the lack of a better delineation) The recall issue also revolves around the acceptance of Federal dollars after 9-11.

As for commendation letters not being important..hummm Why is AA spending so much time of asking the frequent traveler "what's wrong"? If you think good customer service doesn't HELP return passengers, even when the service product has "changed", then why is this called a customer service job? By virtue of the time spent with a customer in-flight, a f/a has the opportunity to win the customer no matter prior frustrations, and they can also lose the customer, regardless of how wonderful the rest of their airline experience. Never sell your skills short. Experience warrants the pay.
ps..I hope al of you California folks are ok. Please know you're in our thoughts.
AA acts like they care about customer service, Asking the frequent flyers whats wrong . But in reality they dont care about customer service. They are big enough not too worry. The planes are full, they span the world and have millions in the AAdvantage program. They feed off all of those assets.... it's a new way of business.

How can you not believe the TWA purchase or merger or whatever you want to call it was not a HUGE mistake. It was a colassal mistake. If everyone from TWA emploeyees to AA employees could take it back i bet they would. Nobody knows where TWA would be if AA had not purchased them or merged or took over them. We dont know what shape AA would be in if we didnt. The only thing we all know that it was a huge mistake that it ever happened. And unfortunatley Casualties came part of that deal.

I wish everyone from TWA well and I hope one day we would have all of them back. But it is looking more and more like that will never happen. But we need to drop the subject already...what is done is done.

At this point it has nothing to do with whether or not TWA was a mistake. Very easy for us to drop the subject when so many human beings are hurting. Operaations you should have a little more compassion. Yes we took some heafty paycuts but I bet these people would be more than happy right now to work for those paycuts. Theres no reason to rub salt in the wounds of these people and as a Christian I'm sorry for whats happening to them. Think about it man would you want someone to kick you when you're down?

Just a quick question. Was S. Cooper recalled yet? Has she said if she will/not come back? Just curious.

It is my understanding that she retired in late August. With her law practice, her IAM work, and having to face her former co-workers, I don't think even Sherry had the gonads to come back.

Sherry Cooper doesn't show up on the retirement list, but she can opt not to have her name listed. She doesn't show on any of the base assignment lists or class rosters either, so my guess is she's gone.

I graduated on the 18th and hit the road within half an hour, arriving home on Long Island about 1330 on the 20th. Now I'm enjoying a much-needed break until base orientation on Nov 12 and an availability schedule for the rest of the month. I'm really looking forward to it.

MK

I see this as a bargaining chip - the company will recall for paying less. Another LOA?
I dont think the company will go there... they got this all wrapped up and are waiting until July. What they may do is give first right to flight attendant interviews when hiring begins. That's about all...

Sherry Cooper doesn't show up on the retirement list, but she can opt not to have her name listed. She doesn't show on any of the base assignment lists or class rosters either, so my guess is she's gone.

I graduated on the 18th and hit the road within half an hour, arriving home on Long Island about 1330 on the 20th. Now I'm enjoying a much-needed break until base orientation on Nov 12 and an availability schedule for the rest of the month. I'm really looking forward to it.

MK
Welcome back and good luck....

At this point it has nothing to do with whether or not TWA was a mistake. Very easy for us to drop the subject when so many human beings are hurting. Operaations you should have a little more compassion. Yes we took some heafty paycuts but I bet these people would be more than happy right now to work for those paycuts. Theres no reason to rub salt in the wounds of these people and as a Christian I'm sorry for whats happening to them. Think about it man would you want someone to kick you when you're down?

Well said. I'm sure you're support will be appreciated by all.

- astra

Hey Mark,

Did you drive to and from TexAAs? If so, WHY? Did you guys get a feel if they had any plans for another batch of recalls for next year? Maybe one more before summer.

Hey Mark,

Did you drive to and from TexAAs? If so, WHY? Did you guys get a feel if they had any plans for another batch of recalls for next year? Maybe one more before summer.

Mark wrote a wonderful accounting "from the road" and from training each day. For some driving allows you the ability to venture out when not in class and on the weekends. Just a little extra freedom during the 3 1/2 weeks away from family. My best friend arrives in mid Nov. and wants to be able to get to the nearest Starbucks. Priorities you know. Word from training always mentions how great the instructors have been. If you know any of them, please convey the more than positive comments. While these are excited and long term professionals returning, I would guess they (the instructors) have their hands full "sweeping the cobwebs" out of 30 plus years of old habits. Access vs evaluate, if you will. They have all made everyone not only feel welcome but valued. As I read the various accounts of the fully packed training days, I don't know that I could have "done it". Hats off...

I keep hearing "more" but you know AA. If they think everyone is expecting a recall, they'll rework the numbers again. lol From my understanding, the training center always closes down for the end of Dec. We are all hoping AA will do the "right thing" and announce the recall of the remaing f/as, and schedule them beginning in Jan. They could easily "run through the list" by offering a paper retirement for those who missed the age 50 at the time of furlough and want to retire now. The end result will be the same minus making someone go through 3 1/2 weeks of training. That is suh a waste of training dollars, and the base numbers get messed up. So silly, so senseless.

Hey Mark,

Did you drive to and from TexAAs? If so, WHY?
All 1620 miles of it. It was a lot of fun. Having a car was invaluable. I can't imagine being stuck in a hotel for almost a month at the mercy of a van driver.

Everyone keeps hearing talk of more recalls but I have no numbers or firm dates. Sometime first quarter is what I hear.

MK