Flight Benefits On Us/hp Comparison

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Just wondering what the flight benefits is like at US.

At America West, HP employees enjoy having free flight benefits and 40 buddypasses a year. (10 every quarter for perfect attendance) which employees can use to exchange for First Class Upgrades, Free Parent Pass, Upgrade a Priority Standby Status, Companion Pass or a regular Buddypass.

How many does US get?

AT Hp, America West employees also get what is called A&B Cards that they can exchanged for Positive Space Passes.

A&B Cards are usually given to employees by Elite Members for doing a good job or receiving complimentary letters from passengers.

We have heard that after the merger, the combined pass system will be even better.

airlinedivalish said:
Just wondering what the flight benefits is like at US.

At America West, HP employees enjoy having free flight benefits and 40 buddypasses a year. (10 every quarter for perfect attendance) which employees can use to exchange for First Class Upgrades, Free Parent Pass, Upgrade a Priority Standby Status, Companion Pass or a regular Buddypass.

How many does US get?

We have heard that after the merger, the combined pass system will be even better.
[post="281091"][/post]​

We are not charged for our passes.

You can choose one of the following on your passes with unlimited travel:

1. Married with spouse and kids on passes, plus your parents.

2. Domestic partner, plus your parents.

3. Registered Traveler, plus your parents.

In addition, we are given 8 companion passes at 90%.

But HP is calling the shots. Why would US's flight benefits apply? HP is merging with US, not US with HP.

AA191 said:
But HP is calling the shots.  Why would US's flight benefits apply?  HP is merging with US, not US with HP.
[post="281096"][/post]​

Humm, let's see....the question was asked and it was answered. Where did your idiotic response come from? Oh, I should have known the purpose from your screen name. Typical AA crap. :down: :down:

First Amendment look up AA Flight 191 - May 25, 1979. I lost someone that day.

AA191 said:
But HP is calling the shots. Why would US's flight benefits apply? HP is merging with US, not US with HP.
[post="281096"][/post]​

Maybe because someone wants HAPPY employees and HP management actually gives a care? As in the rest of the operation, I would hope they would take the best of BOTH airlines when they decide policies and procedures for the new carrier. In regards to your merging info, you might want to check out some more of the threads here to get some updated information on who is doing what with whom.

To add to the original question.
US Domestic/North American/Caribbean upgrades per segment are $20
Transatlantic are $100

I forgot to mention that HP also gets domestic partner benefits and children also.

Sounds like HP benefits is much better. We get 40 passes a year which can be traded for different things.

The Hp passes can be exchanged to either a $20 companion pass (employee has to travel with companion) or an ID90 Buddypass.

AA191 said:
[post="281096"][/post]​

If we look at page 65 of the Agreement and Plan of Merger <<http://www.donlinrecano.net/dr201/mwc/04-13819/dk002160-0003.pdf>> and loosely translate the language of Section 4.10 (Benefits), we can surmise that HP benefits will stay the same. Good for everyone. A win-win. Best flight benefits - EVER! :wub:

Are your travel benefits at AWA based on seniority some one said it's first come first on?

luvthe9 said:
Are your travel benefits at AWA based on seniority some one said it's first come first on?
[post="281159"][/post]​

Travel benefits are the same across the board for all employees. Usually, an employee flies at the SA2P priority. Who gets a seat (on a close to full aircraft) depends on what time they checked in. In theory, if an aircraft has only one seat open and both Doug Parker and I are the only employees listed, and I check in earlier, I get the seat. Now that won't happen but you get the idea.
:groovy:

It sounds like both have really good travel programs... a combo of both would be great, either one is still industry leading.

Just to clarify on US... Yourself/Spouse or Domestic Partner. If you are single, you may have a Registered Guest (anyone).

If you have children (includes spouse/dp's chidren, you can put them on it if they are I believe under 21. No children, you may put your parents (any combination of parents or step-parents).

It's done by seniority at the gate. S3 is highest, mainline or wholly-owned, followed by S4 and S5 which are affiliate Express and furloughed. S7 is companion pass traveling alone. I think if they are with you they go to S3.

Mainline and MAA F/As can jumpseat on any US aircraft by seniority.

Light Years said:
It sounds like both have really good travel programs... a combo of both would be great, either one is still industry leading.

Just to clarify on US... Yourself/Spouse or Domestic Partner. If you are single, you may have a Registered Guest (anyone).

If you have children (includes spouse/dp's chidren, you can put them on it if they are I believe under 21. No children, you may put your parents (any combination of parents or step-parents).

It's done by seniority at the gate. S3 is highest, mainline or wholly-owned, followed by S4 and S5 which are affiliate Express and furloughed. S7 is companion pass traveling alone. I think if they are with you they go to S3.

Mainline and MAA F/As can jumpseat on any US aircraft by seniority.
[post="281217"][/post]​

I like the check-in time method. The lesson learned will be, "Check in early. Tardy-bugs lose out." :p

Also, expired buddy passes usually can still be exchanged for upgrades.

I retired 3.5 years ago and travel SA3P, but I always use my old passes for uprades.

If Iam travelling as a paying passenger, I always get an upgrade if I show my retiree card. (if there is room)

OMG....first off HP and US are mergering into a new airline, no one is taking anyone over anyone....errrrgh...why is that sooo hard to understand?

ok non-rev....the best subject:
SA1P - Vacation pass travel/Travel of elig family member while emp is on co business
SA2P - HP Employees
SA3P - Spouses traveling alone/HP retirees/Mesa Employees
SA4P - Buddy passes from$45-$198 depending on market/OAL employees

S/B list is based on time of check-in, no more than 4 hours prior to flight in your dept city. So, yes if you are on the east coast going west you are checked in for your conx up to 8 hours prior, based on time change and flight time. Kinda cool for east coasters.... BTW if you think PHX and LAS don't look at times, try again, they will unseat you and roll you to the bottom for violating the rules.

Flexi "Buddy Passes":
- Guest Pass travel (1 coupon for 1 round trip), can be used for 2 one ways
also
- Companion Pass travel (2 coupons for 1 round trip), cost $20 up front then
tax implications on employees paycheck
- SA1P Vacation Pass Boarding Priority (3 coupons for 1 round trip for entire
family)
- $20 Credit toward the purchase of Parent travel (1 coupon for each $20
credit), 3 coupons for 2 round trip passes
- One way First Class upgrade (1 coupon for each one way upgrade - only
option for expired coupons)

View attachment AWA_Interline.pdf