Flight control building up for sale

A building in Findlay that houses US Airways' Pittsburgh flight control center is being offered for sale by its locally based ownership group.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...s/s_419214.html

Could this have a bearing on the location of the Ops Center?
It seems to me this has no bearing on where the permanent location will be. The company currently leases the building, and it probably will continue to.

My cocnern is: the company rep said the building will stay open until at least 2007, possibly later. If we do merge certificates in the middle of 2007, would we run 2 a split SOC/OCC< even under one certificate? To me that would be a waste of money (unless it costs more to get out of the lease) . .AND very inefficient. Running a split operation with separate aicraft & crews makes sense ..but once we are able to utilize each other's aircraft & crews ..it would be much easier to run the operation in one building.

It seems to me this has no bearing on where the permanent location will be. The company currently leases the building, and it probably will continue to.

My cocnern is: the company rep said the building will stay open until at least 2007, possibly later. If we do merge certificates in the middle of 2007, would we run 2 a split SOC/OCC< even under one certificate? To me that would be a waste of money (unless it costs more to get out of the lease) . .AND very inefficient. Running a split operation with separate aicraft & crews makes sense ..but once we are able to utilize each other's aircraft & crews ..it would be much easier to run the operation in one building.
It might be easier but there are awesome ways to communicate between the two sides plus, IMO, the company may be considering the cost of moving employees from one side to the other. Not sure of the cost of living in PIT but PHX is rather high, especially housing. So I don't believe a lot of east would go west and vice versa.