Fll Announcement On Monday At 10:30

According to the folks at flyrtalk.com, there will be a major announcement concerning FLL becoming a focus city. Ben Baldanza and the FLL Mayor will be having a news confrence at 1030am on Monday.
US Airways will announce service to Guatamala City,San Salvador,Panama City,San Jose,Cancun,Kingston,San Juan,Boston,Newark,Baltimore,Hartford,Key West,Tampa,Orlando :up: So glad to see us doing something good! Im sure USwill expand even more in FLL, when they realize what a moneymaker this will be.

ACrazy8 said:
Any chance of a crew base??? Wishful thinking on my part, of course.... :rolleyes:
[post="171005"][/post]​

Not wishful thinking. Miami/Ft. Lauderdale is US Airways' newest crew base. I beleive transfers are already available, or will be soon.

This will be interesting to watch unfold. I'm glad to see US trying something new for a change. I wonder if maybe we'll eventually see some late evening departures to the west coast with red eye returns (to increase aircraft utilization).

This is great news but I hope it's not overshadowed by Dr. Boneheads big mouth. :up: He might have to shake his baby rattle a little harder too get attention over this news!.....poor thing. :rolleyes:
I am a tad skeptical about the "crew base" rumor......I know people in Inflight and they just laughed. I don't think that's in the cards but I have seen stranger things.

Man, you guys are more gullible than ALPA's MEC. By the way, I've got a great waterfront property for sale in the great dismal swamp i'd like to show you all.

By the way, I don't doubt that UAIR may be increasing ops in that area. Kinda makes sense. I seriously doubt the stuff about a crew base.

US Airways to Make Major Announcement at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport

20 August 2004, 09:38am ET

US Airways will be joined by Broward County Mayor Ilene Lieberman at the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport to make a major announcement affecting the greater Fort Lauderdale area community.

WHO: Ben Baldanza, US Airways senior vice president of marketing and planning
Ilene Lieberman, Mayor of Broward County

WHEN: 10:30 a.m., Eastern Time, Aug. 23, 2004

WHERE: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport, West Terminal Conference Room, Upper Level, Terminal 3

Members of the media should park in short term parking in the Palm Garage. Enter Terminal 3. There is a row of concessions and storefront displays behind the ticket counter area in the departure level. The entrance to the West Terminal Conference Room is between the restrooms and Edy's Ice Cream, at the end closest to Concourse F.

Members of the media needing additional information should contact Amy Kudwa at 703.872.5100.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Oldie-

For goodness sakes, if you can't be positive for ONE lousy minute, just get
out of it. The industry in a mess, change happens.......if you don't like
it, darn, get out!!!!!

I for one love that we are trying to do something positive and "people"
like you just have to bring it down to that level again.

Life = Choice, if you don't like it, change it. Don't ruin it for us younger ones
that just might want to try to make change happen.

I am sure your a nice person, but give up the bad attitude, life is
way to short!!!

Just my vent.......

not negative, just a realist. How would you know what my affiliation to UAIR is, anyway? Been hearing FL crewbase rumors since they shut down MIA. I'll believe it when I see it. Crew bases cost money, something these guys SAY they don't have.
Just my reply to your vent.

This is really great news. IMO, not only does it allow US to expand into the increasingly more profitable Latin America, but it gives AA some needed competition--which probably means many incentives to US for going to FLL and to these new cities. Also, rather than US filling the planes to FLL from PHL/LGA/BOS/BWI/DCA with $98 GoFare seats (like WN does), at least some of the seats on US to FLL will be filled with $500-$1000 seats to Latin America.

A little off topic, but I also think US has done a remarkable job rebuilding itself in the PHL market with its advertising. The ad on KYW 1060 is great.

Latest posts