FLYERS should FEEL GOOD

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
LINK----> http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/

US Airways CEO: Fliers 'should feel good about flying US Airways now'

Last week, I talked to US Airways CEO Doug Parker in Pittsburgh about his airline's plans for that city. But Parker also talked about other topics, including US Airways' initiatives to improve its customer-service. Here's what Parker had to say to Today in the Sky:

Question: US Airways has struggled in several areas of customer service this year. Filling US Airways' COO position by hiring Robert Isom appears to be a step to help get operations back on track. What else is US Airways doing?

Doug Parker: We've done a number of things. Adding Robert's just another one. We expanded the flying day by about 30 minutes in Philadelphia and Charlotte. We've added a couple of spare airplanes in the system. We've added 1,000 people in the airports. All those things are making a huge difference.

It's hard to see because the industry is doing so poorly because of ATC (air traffic control) delays. Back in March, we were some 17 points short of the industry average on on-time performance. We closed that gap to 1 or 2 points in June and July. In August we think we're going to be right at the industry average (when the August numbers come out) and in September we're off to a great start. So we’ve made a lot of changes already and Robert will help.

(more on LINK above)

only stating opinions

Tempe Koolaid

Hey Doug, don't get high on your own supply.

dancind_leprechaun.gif

SPIN SPIN SPIN

This is what we are dealing with. THIS is the management team leading the airline. They BELIEVE what they say is true because the numbers tell them so. There NO TRUTH to what Doug stated in that article. Passengers are SO over their experience by the time we arrive and employees of ALL SENIOITY and departments have had it. He pumps this BS into the media yet the place is literally falling apart at the seems. LITERALLY. There is NOTHING to feel good about when it comes to Usairways. I much appreciate that I still have a "J-O-B" because that is all it is anymore....A JOB. I can't wait to see all the "FLYERS FEELING GOOD" as the holidays approach. :rolleyes: I'm really starting to believe that there is no hope for this place.

Dougie should have followed his fathers footsteps as a butcher in a grocery food chain....Theres a lotta BULL there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug Parker thinks that everything is honky dorey because he is so full of C..P. He is the type of man that does not make eye contact and he and his fools have created such chaos for our passengers. He does not care when we strand people or the severe stress he has forced every caring employee to endure in Philadelphia. It is an every day event that there is not some casualty at USAirways.They leave elderly folks on the jetway and force people to push their own wheelchair .Its a damm shame they have destroyed the passengers and every employee walks around with rounded shoulders. How do destroy all confidence that took so many years to build? USAirways made money inspite of the poor behavior and as long as Mr. Bulls..t walks away even if he is wraped in Gold he will never become a total person he is one empty M.F

Doug Parker thinks that everything is honky dorey because he is so full of C..P. He is the type of man that does not make eye contact and he and his fools have created such chaos for our passengers. He does not care when we strand people or the severe stress he has forced every caring employee to endure in Philadelphia. It is an every day event that there is not some casualty at USAirways.They leave elderly folks on the jetway and force people to push their own wheelchair .Its a damm shame they have destroyed the passengers and every employee walks around with rounded shoulders. How do destroy all confidence that took so many years to build? USAirways made money inspite of the poor behavior and as long as Mr. Bulls..t walks away even if he is wraped in Gold he will never become a total person he is one empty M.F

"Doug Parker thinks that everything is honky dorey because he is so full of C..P." Incorrect Milady. His "thinking" is purely associated with the millions in his own accounts for being so "smart". and the slobberring company sychophants following him, lusting after any personal advancement themselves. He's a typical model of the more inept, but notwithstanding hugely rewarded little pimples/sociopaths/irresponsible sorts that find favor with equally brain dead little "Board of Directors" morons who'se only achievement in life's been to be born wealthy, and with far too much time on their hands. :blink: I'd state my truest feelings...but I like to sugar coat things a bit :lol:

Sorry to say this, but the West is running great! I've been flying more this month so I can take extra time off in December, but all of my flights have been great :up: We haven't run out of food, catering is not bad and the passengers seem happy enough, why is it so different when I read this discussion? :down:

Because "the West" is a small, one and a half hub operation in a non-congested part of the country. The inferior product and operation is okay for what it is. For example the west's fleet came in those nutty configs and are fine for that type of flying- ours are just chopped in half to be similar to yours with no rhyme or reason to where things go. Catering out there doesn't get any more complex than snack boxes for sale. There are no international operations, no widebody ops. How many catering stations are there, one? How hard can it be? This is the attitude towards everything- they seem dumbfounded that thier painfully cheeseball wire and strings way of doing things doesn't go over in the larger national and international arena. And, lest we forget, headquarters is right there and they seem to be aware of the former America West while they seem to forget about the "other" three times larger major airline in "the East". They seem to have the hang of low fare desert service. East coast multi-hub, Shuttle, international not so much. Two different animals.

Latest posts