Flying US after 3 1/2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
Well folks, apparently hell has frozen over.....

After trying and trying and trying, I found myself unable to avoid flying US Airways after 3 1/2 years, and will be doing so beginning a week from Sunday. The decision was based on schedules alone - pricing had little to do with it...

I am dirt preferred on US, but Platinum on Continental/United, so I put that frequent flyer number in the record.

I do look forward to seeing some old friends perhaps during the week....and will be stopping over in CLT.

While my feelings for US have not changed, neither have my feelings for the front line folks -- I do miss you all.....

So here's hoping for a decent experience.

My BEST to you all....

I flew US yesterday and liked it. Good flight, comfortable interior. Only thing was the plane wasnt really dressed in between flights, so seatbelts crossed.

I might have to go to the post office sometime next week. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

I might even post during the trip from my BlackBerry if things get really interesting. There might be a line or something!

(Oh, sorry, should I have started a separate thread for this?)

Reactions: 4 people
The long term forecast is for a storm in Carolina next weekend. Too early to tell if it will be frozen or liquid or if it will even occur; however, right now they are leaning frozen. Seriously, it may be hell and it may be frozen over.

After trying and trying and trying, I found myself unable to avoid flying US Airways after 3 1/2 years, and will be doing so beginning a week from Sunday. The decision was based on schedules alone - pricing had little to do with it...

I am dirt preferred on US, but Platinum on Continental/United, so I put that frequent flyer number in the record.

I do look forward to seeing some old friends perhaps during the week....and will be stopping over in CLT.

While my feelings for US have not changed, neither have my feelings for the front line folks -- I do miss you all.....

My BEST to you all....

Art, I just mentioned in another thread how US had lost your business. I was just trying to point out that all was not totally Rosy as the poster was trying to make out. I think a lot of frequent flyer folks took their business elsewhere for various reasons. I was not a regular contributor when you left, but did remember some of your postings. Anyway, hope your flight is smooth!

Keep your expectations LOW and you'll probably get there on time with your bag

I might have to go to the post office sometime next week. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

I might even post during the trip from my BlackBerry if things get really interesting. There might be a line or something!

(Oh, sorry, should I have started a separate thread for this?)

People post their trips to the post office all the time on Facebook, so they must think their "friends" find it interesting. :lol:

I personally find the fact that Art is flying US again after 3.5 years to be very fascinating and worthy of its own thread, considering his contributions to this board, and how vocal he has been about avoiding US. I hope that he finds it good to be back on US metal, with all of the great US employees that he misses.

I flew CO today, and while the CO employees are highly professional and courteous, and very good at their job, it's not the same as flying with US crew.

The long term forecast is for a storm in Carolina next weekend. Too early to tell if it will be frozen or liquid or if it will even occur; however, right now they are leaning frozen. Seriously, it may be hell and it may be frozen over.

If the weather is an issue, my wish for Art is to be RULE 240 over to another airline with better service - and that would be ANY airline other than US Airways.

I am sorry that US Airways was the only workable option for you, Art. I won't even promote US Airways to my family or friends when they are making their travel plans. I will tell them to book onto another carrier - even if it involves two or more connections. When you tell your friends to book a flight with US Airways you risk a good chance of ruining that friendship. US Airways truly sucks.

Reactions: 3 people

My BEST to you all....

Excuse me while I go back to not caring. This is both funny and pathetic.
What's next? An update when you go to pee? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat...

Status
Not open for further replies.