FMR is buying

Junebug172

Veteran
Sep 26, 2002
Check it:

FMR Increases Stakes in UAL Corp., US Airways Group (Update1)

By Mary Schlangenstein

Sept. 10 (Bloomberg) -- FMR Corp., parent of mutual-fund company Fidelity Investments, tripled its stake in United Airlines parent UAL Corp. and increased its holdings in US Airways Group Inc.

The additions make FMR the second-largest owner of UAL shares, behind Bank of America, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The investment company remains the biggest holder of Tempe, Arizona-based US Airways.

FMR now has 11 percent of UAL, according to a regulatory filing today. That's an increase from 3.8 percent. The stake in US Airways rises to 15 percent, from 8.2 percent.

US Airways shares have fallen 44 percent this year, while Chicago-based UAL's have increased 2.1 percent.

Boston-based FMR in a third regulatory filing said it cut its investment in AirTran Holdings Inc. to 6.31 million shares from 7.25 million.

To contact the reporter on this story: Mary Schlangenstein in Dallas at [email protected]

Last Updated: September 10, 2007 10:48 ED

Check it:

FMR Increases Stakes in UAL Corp., US Airways Group (Update1)

By Mary Schlangenstein

Sept. 10 (Bloomberg) -- FMR Corp., parent of mutual-fund company Fidelity Investments, tripled its stake in United Airlines parent UAL Corp. and increased its holdings in US Airways Group Inc.

The additions make FMR the second-largest owner of UAL shares, behind Bank of America, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The investment company remains the biggest holder of Tempe, Arizona-based US Airways.

FMR now has 11 percent of UAL, according to a regulatory filing today. That's an increase from 3.8 percent. The stake in US Airways rises to 15 percent, from 8.2 percent.

US Airways shares have fallen 44 percent this year, while Chicago-based UAL's have increased 2.1 percent.

Boston-based FMR in a third regulatory filing said it cut its investment in AirTran Holdings Inc. to 6.31 million shares from 7.25 million.

To contact the reporter on this story: Mary Schlangenstein in Dallas at [email protected]

Last Updated: September 10, 2007 10:48 ED

Yes, I tried to call Fidelity today and buy shares. Their personnel have no idea why employees cannot buy shares in the company. And It is a real surprise why Fidelity is re buying Share in both US Airways and United. What gives. Any savy investors out their.

"It is a real surprise why Fidelity is re buying Share in both US Airways and United. What gives."

Merger is coming, that's what. Synergies that will create the world's biggest airline and boost the stock to $100.

Disclaimer: I don't know squat, but I stayed at a flea-bag hotel last night!

When companies merge usually one stock goes up and one goes down, so I doubt that that is what there plan is. Maybe they see United/Us making lots of money this year, boring but true.

Merger announcement 1Q or 2Q 2008, after all contracts settled and integration complete-at least on paper. See stock jump. Lots of hype. Remember, buy low, sell on the irrational exuberance (sure to be plenty of that!).

FMR (Fidelity) is the parent company. Under the parent company, there are various fund managers handling accounts from conservative to growth. As an aggregate of the funds of FMR, there is a total percentage that FMR has to report based on the acquisition of all of the funds.

I would not read much more into it, other than the fact that our futures rely on our 401K’s and there is a growing (to astronomical proportions) of tax deferred contributions into the 401’X’ plans.

Just a thought….. :p

B) UT

Morgan Stanley just place LCC stock as an "overweight" buy. Something is up and I don't just mean the price of oil and the chances of a deep, deep recession. This is not a logical positon outside of a pending merger.