FOI

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
From APFA:

The Company announced today that the planned target date for Full Operational Integration (FOI) will not be happening as soon as previously anticipated. The implementation timeframe of mid-2017 has proven to be an unrealistic goal, considering the IT challenges currently beleaguering the operation.

I think about it as a wise decision - didn't feel things were stable enough so don't take the risk

jcw said:
I think about it as a wise decision - didn't feel things were stable enough so don't take the risk

Why weren't things stable?  The main issue for flight attendants is that virtually our entire contract depends on PBS implementation.  Whether they'll be able to implement PBS before FOI remains to be seen.

The entire open time system, Electronic Trade Board, and scheduling rules are being delayed because "IT wasn't ready".  In other words, computer programming wasn't completed.  Why not?  Cough up a few bucks for programming and get it ready.  You can bet the pilots' programming will be done on time.

MK

Actually cough up a few bucks for programming sounds easy - ask your self if I dispatch 10 people to change an aircraft tire - will it go faster - the answer is no since folks will be tripping over themselves - sometimes less is more

Reactions: 1 person