For Those That Worked Tkt Counter This Past Wknd>>

Do you think VTO should have been offered to Cust Svc/CAR agts?

• Yes, it was not that busy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it was too busy to justify.

• Yes, trying to save money by diminishing payroll, despite the crowds.

• Not an issue.

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Despite serious delays and misconnects most of SAT and Sunday combined with long lines, VTO inbound to work and outbound from work ( 1 to 2 hours) was offered to a couple of agents in our station on Sunday while DAT requests were declined due to
> " We are in Severe weather mode
all weekend"<[UNQUOTE]..Curious as to the happenings and sentiments elsewhere.

:unsure:

Sounds like a winnable grievance to me.

Can't fix the past, but can keep it from happening again.

diogenes said:
Sounds like a winnable grievance to me.

Can't fix the past, but can keep it from happening again.
[post="244266"][/post]​
I may be wrong, but not sure anyone could rightfully grieve a situation like this..i.e. aware of nothing in the contract governing the appropriation, [or misapprop.], of vto ..simply a matter of a judgement call and how it subsequently affects the rest of the staff with regard to efficient or ineffecient handling of passengers during peak times.

Exactly - there is no contractual language governing vto; there is language governing vacation (DAT). That means DAT takes precedence over VTO.

One would think this would be understood across the system; you and I know it is not. U gives CSM's great latitude in violating the contract - while the Palace engages in macro-union busting, it encourages micro-union busting.

Document when vto was awarded. Document that DAT was requested during the same time frame. Make sure it's an airtight case, with no wiggle room for the company. Do the initial discussion. Have the grievance prepared before the ID, so that when the CSM denies your request, you can hand him the grievance on the spot.

What have you got to lose?

Good luck.

Latest posts