For Your Consideration...

Dilligas

Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
State of Perpetual Confusion
Just wanted to share that I expect our mailboxes to be filling up soon with letters from the regime. That will represent the next escalation of the fear campaign. Note how several of the more recent posts mention your spouse and family. Prepare your family members ahead of time so they will not be blindsided by this approach. This is a long time tactic to cause pressure on the homefront thru fear.

Also for those of you on here that want to learn more about "role playing" and games, we have an expert in Senior Management.

Here's a brief quote, edited by me, and highlighted for emphasis:
-----------------------
"I grew up playing games with my family, mostly Italian card games. I played War Games and 3M Games in college, then dropped out of gaming until the mid-nineties when I got introduced to German style games. Today, I play weekly with the DC Gamers, a great group. I also teach gaming classes through two local Adult Education programs... <snip>

"I play every game to win but usually can't tell you who won two minutes later, since for me the fun is in the playing and the interaction."
----------------------------
Complete quote here, scroll down just a bit on the page until you recognize a name.

http://www.geocities.com/scareyjo/applebios.html

Now I don't begrudge anyone having a hobby, especially an educational and mentally challenging one. I do offer for your thoughtful considerations that some of the "pupils" of this teacher may be palace dwellers themselves.

Can you imagine the kick they might get from creating roles on here and playing games with our minds... they might even have a scoring system worked out among themselves and whoever provokes the most emotional outbursts, gets to drink free that week. Recognize it and refuse to play their game.

Also realize that you can't negotiate or convert a bully to your reasoning. You can only deal with bullies from a position of strength. Our strength is to stick together, be good to each other, and make our stand, now.

This is not a game to the workforce of U... and we do care who wins, and we will play to win.

The sophisticated games that are played by mangement is all in the book called "Art of War", by" Sun Tsu.

I read this book a few years ago, and I saw so clearly last summer in "round one" the "game" being played by this mangement. This is why I have been deliriously involved with the employees and using every venue there is to communicate the deception, misrepresentation from the type of folks who have "infected" our great company.

They are here to implement "the plan" to fullfill their own personal agendas. They have sold this "plan" to the RSA group, and have positioned the company to ensure their own MAJOR gain on the backs of all the employees here at U, specifically those who have lost their jobs and those who will lose them.

Dilligas thanks for posting that. I took the liberty of looking up what each of these games is about. I think you'll find the following interesting, especially the ones with donkeys and plantation owners.

Ben Baldanza's Top 10 Games as explained by Boardgamegeek.com

1: Die Macher -
Die Macher is a game about seven sequential political races in different regions of Germany. Players are in charge of national political parties, and must manage limited resources to help their party to victory. The winning party will have the most victory points after all the regional elections. But there are four different ways of scoring victory points. First, each regional election can supply ten to eighty victory points, depending on the size of the region and how well your party does in it. Second, if a party wins a regional election and has some media influence in the region, then the party will receive some media-control victory points. Third, each party has a national party membership which will grow as the game progresses and this will supply a fair number of victory points. Lastly, parties score some victory points if their party platform matches the national opinions at the end of the game.

2. Tichu -
Partnership climbing card game -- object is rid yourself of your hand. The deck is a standard 52-card pack with four special cards added. When it's your turn, you may either beat the current top card combination or pass. If play passes all the way back to the player who laid the top cards, he wins the trick and can lead the next one. The card led determines the only combination of cards to be played on that trick. So if a single card is led, then only single cards are played. If a straight of seven cards is led, then only straights of seven cards, etc. The last player out gives all the cards he won to the player who exited first, and the last player's unplayed cards are handed to the opposite team. Five's, Ten's and Kings are worth points, with each hand worth one hundred points (without bonuses). The first team to 1000 points wins.

3. Funkenschlag -
This new offering from 2F fuses the network building aspects from Mayfair's crayon games with a fluctuating commodities market like McMulti with an auction round intensity reminiscent of Princes of Florence. The object of the game is to supply the most cities with power when someone's network gains a predetermined size. Players use crayons to draw their power line systems on a hex-based board, and then vie against other players to purchase the power plants that you use to supply the power. However, as plants are purchased, newer more efficient plants become available so you're effectively allowing others to access to superior equipment merely by purchasing at all. Additionally, players must acquire the raw materials, like coal, oil, garbage, or uranium, to power said plants (except for the highly valuable 'renewable energy' wind/solar plants), making it a constant struggle to upgrade your plants for maximum efficiency while still retaining enough wealth to quickly expand your network to get the cheapest routes.

4. Crokinole -
This game is like shuffleboard in the round. Players take turns flicking disks on a board, trying to score points by attaining central regions. The main stipulation being that contact with the other teams' pieces must be made in order for the disk to remain on the board afterwards. Although the game uses quite a bit of skill to flick the disks, there's a very significant strategy element to the game. There are many different variants and rules, as this game is very old and has had many different incarnations over the years.

5. Puerto Rico -
The players are plantation owners in Puerto Rico in the days when the ships had sails. Growing up to five different kind of crops: Corn, Indigo, Coffee, Sugar and Tobacco, they must try to run their business more efficiently than their close competitors. A unique game system let the players choose the order of the phases in each turn, and the player who understand to employ these most effectively, will win the game.

6. Roads and Boats -
This massive set of pieces looks more like a modular game kit than anything else. You get a ton of Settlers-sized hexes in a number of colors for terrain type; hundreds of little counters for the commodities that are produced and the locations where they're produced; wooden disks for all of the donkeys, rafts, trucks, and other forms of transportation you can use; and a roll of acyrlic with an eraseable marker. The tiles are laid out in whatever scenario you wish to play, and then the clear plastic is taped over the top to secure the entire board. Roads and bridges are drawn on the plastic and chits are placed in the hexes to form the playing surface. The idea is that your transportation units (at first, a fleet of donkeys) travel about and pick items that part produced. However, the only thing that you own is that which is carried by your transports. So you might have a nice, shiny, new truck factory or a gold-filled mine, but anyone can use it or take it, if they collect the necessary components and can transport them to the factory. The ultimate goal is to collect wealth, which is progressively more valuable and harder to manufacture: gold, coins, or stock certificates; and also comtribute to the game timer in the form of monument blocks for victory points.

7. Lowenhertz -
This is a space-grabbing game with some medieval trappings placed on top. According to the story-board the old king is dying and players represent nobles vying for power by seizing as much land as possible before the last royal breath is drawn.
The gridded board represents varied terrain (plain, town, forest and hills) and can be made up by arranging the six geomorphic sections. Players have plastic castles, which represent the hubs of their power, and shields which are their knights. There are also zillions of black boundary markers to surround territory with and lots of cards - action cards, bidding cards, political cards and gold cards.

Each turn an action card is turned over, most of these show three seperate actions such as placing knights, placing walls, gaining money or picking up politics cards (which are 'gotchas' to be held and played later). Players bid for the actions they wish to perform and score points by founding territories (enclosing space with their own pieces in it) and expanding these territories. The Action Cards are divided into five sub-packs marked A to E which are individually shuffled then stacked in order. One of the E cards is 'The king is dead' which ends the game.

8. Code 777-
This clever little game combines the elements of a good, logical deduction game and Indian poker. Each player receives a rack for keeping three tiles drawn from a pool of tiles, which are seven different numbers in seven different colors (thirty-eight tiles in total), however the rack is turned away from you. When players sit in a circle, each player can see everyone else's tiles, except their own. Each turn, players draw a card with a question like, "Do you see more yellow sevens or more blue sevens?" which should help the others' determine their tiles. Once you're reasonably sure, then you can take a guess. But if you're wrong, you have to start over with a fresh set of tiles...

9. Was Sticht?-
This is a two-trump, trick-taking card game, only with a twist. All of the cards are dealt out in front of the players before each hand. Row by row, each player picks up a card, and the dealer declares who would have won the trick, if it were played that way. Players use this information to deduce what the trump suit and number are. After all the cards are "drafted", players select a task tile which describes your mission for the hand and play out the hand in the traditional fashion. Tasks include "Take no tricks", "Take 1 Trick", or "Take No Red Cards". The first player to complete five tasks wins the game.

10. Shotten Totten -
This is a little territorial game based on 3-card poker hands. The game is set up as a line of 9 battles (Thematically between two warring scottish tribes). The deck is made up of 6 (I think) suits of cards numbered from 1 to 9. Each turn, you get to play one card face up on any of the nine battles. Each battle is taken separately and is resolved once there are 3 cards on each side of the battle or when one player can guarantee that his opponent could NOT play any cards to change the outcome of the battle. The rank of the hands are: straight flush, 3 of a kind, flush, straight, high card. The game continues until someone wins 5 battles or 3 battles which are contiguous to each other on the board=