Forget about a GOP controlled U S Senate !

tom barry

Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
Regardless of what happens in the 12' POTUS election, the outside chance of the REPUGS regaining controll of the Powerfull U S Senate just took 2 steps Backwards.

First, (R) Olympia Snowe is retiring, and (D) U S House rep Chellie Pingree is a Very Strong favorite to win

Second, Popular former (D) Senator Bob Kerrey has just reversed course, and now says he WILL run for retiring (D) Senator Ben Nelsons seat. He too is expected to win.

There are times when I think that Control of the SENATE is more important than control of "1600"

Kinda' like having an "ace in the hole card" !!!!!!!!!!!

Life is Good/LEAN FORWARD !

Regardless of what happens in the 12' POTUS election, the outside chance of the REPUGS regaining controll of the Powerfull U S Senate just took 2 steps Backwards.

First, (R) Olympia Snowe is retiring, and (D) U S House rep Chellie Pingree is a Very Strong favorite to win

Second, Popular former (D) Senator Bob Kerrey has just reversed course, and now says he WILL run for retiring (D) Senator Ben Nelsons seat. He too is expected to win.

There are times when I think that Control of the SENATE is more important than control of "1600"

Kinda' like having an "ace in the hole card" !!!!!!!!!!!

Life is Good/LEAN FORWARD !

moe-howard-7.jpg

Tom,

I think the WH is most important right now. There are a few SCOTUS justices who may retire and we cannot afford to have the court swing hard right. They have already elevated corporations to person hood status with horrible results. Roe v Wade is being attacked from all sides. Equal marriage rights needs to be decided. These are just a few of the issues that may be facing the courts. Having the likes of Romney or Santorum (as unlikely as that is) is truly terrifying.

Reactions: 1 person
Tom,

I think the WH is most important right now. There are a few SCOTUS justices who may retire and we cannot afford to have the court swing hard right. They have already elevated corporations to person hood status with horrible results. Roe v Wade is being attacked from all sides. Equal marriage rights needs to be decided. These are just a few of the issues that may be facing the courts. Having the likes of Romney or Santorum (as unlikely as that is) is truly terrifying.

Tree, Very Very true, about the SCOTUS.
But the retirees are all coming from our side, which means we're at the very least trying to hang on to the 4 sure seats we have now.
I know John Paul Stevens will go, plus Justice Ginsburg has borderline health.
On the DARK SIDE Roberts/Alito/Scalia and Kennedy are fairly young, and Breyer swings more right than left for my liking.
NOW, if say Scalia was to "meet his maker" :rolleyes: during the next 5 years , THEN we'd be in good shape.

HEY dell, is THAT the Best you can do for a reply, when I post FACTUAL information ????
(I mean I realize that you and Yours are under ENORMOUS stress/strain with the REAL 4 STOOGES :blink: you've got trying to be POTUS, but c'mon....................)
(Those 4 STOOGES made poor ol' southwind disappear off the cooler. I had to issue an A P B on his arse)

Tree, Very Very true, about the SCOTUS.
But the retirees are all coming from our side, which means we're at the very least trying to hang on to the 4 sure seats we have now.
I know John Paul Stevens will go, plus Justice Ginsburg has borderline health.
On the DARK SIDE Roberts/Alito/Scalia and Kennedy are fairly young, and Breyer swings more right than left for my liking.
NOW, if say Scalia was to "meet his maker" :rolleyes: during the next 5 years , THEN we'd be in good shape.

HEY dell, is THAT the Best you can do for a reply, when I post FACTUAL information ????
(I mean I realize that you and Yours are under ENORMOUS stress/strain with the REAL 4 STOOGES :blink: you've got trying to be POTUS, but c'mon....................)
(Those 4 STOOGES made poor ol' southwind disappear off the cooler. I had to issue an A P B on his arse)

You guys into firearms?