Former AMR chairman dies

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Former AMR Corp. chairman Ed Brennan, who helped Gerard Arpey transition to the CEO job after the ouster of Don Carty in 2003, has died, according to a story in the Chicago Tribune.

Brennan, who made his mark in the business world as the longtime chairman of Sears, Roebuck and Co., died Thursday night, according to the newspaper.

Brennan took over as AMR's executive chairman when Arpey was elevated to the CEO position. He served as a close advisor to Arpey during the difficult days of late 2003 and 2004, when American struggled to keep flying after it decided not to slim down in bankruptcy court.

Yes, he did.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but wasn't Brennen the one at the helm of Sears when it tanked? As I recall, Philip Purcel and Michael Miles (both on the BOD) were also tangled up in the Sears mess.

So - when is K-Mart going to buy AMR?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but wasn't Brennen the one at the helm of Sears when it tanked? As I recall, Philip Purcel and Michael Miles (both on the BOD) were also tangled up in the Sears mess.

So - when is K-Mart going to buy AMR?

I think WalMart is more likely to buy AMR?

Anyone remember the rumors way back when Trump was gonna buy AA?

I think WalMart is more likely to buy AMR?

Anyone remember the rumors way back when Trump was gonna buy AA?

They weren't rumors. He did try to buy AMR and Crandall put up a strong, albeit ego based, fight. Most feel that Trump was just trying to run up the price of the stock to make a quick buck. From that attempt, I recall a major poison pill put into AA's charter regarding any hostile takeover making it very expensive to the raider.