Former TW f/a's taking retirement

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Looks as though 17 of the Jun TWA recalled F/A's retired in July. I am curious as to what the benefit of accepting recall then retiring is over just retiring from the recall list?

My guess would be that the former TWA f/as were still employed by TWA LLC when they were furloughed and may get some better benefits if they retire from AA.

Looks as though 17 of the Jun TWA recalled F/A's retired in July. I am curious as to what the benefit of accepting recall then retiring is over just retiring from the recall list?

None. Maybe the commuting was too difficult for some. It could have been also for health reasons.

I am finding until that letter is in your hands some really do not know what they are going to do.. We heard for years it would be a cold day in hell before any former TWA f/a was recalled. You don't like it but you are forced to "go on". Then it happens, the need makes holding out not possible. As someone who retired before the last rumored recall (to allow someone else the possibility of recall) I know that base potential plays a big part of the decision. Who would have thought ORD would be a possibility? AA is one of the only (possibly THE only) not to have a recall by-pass option. Also, we have some that were days away from being 50 when furloughed. They need to be recalled to secure any retirement benefits such as passes or medical. AA could save both money and manpower if they would do a "paper return". There are no time limits one has to be back to retire so why make someone go through training to obtain the same end result? Also, it is too bad that AA does not recall the next in line when one "declines". I understand there is a % factored in but even though I have strong feelings that no one should be forced into making a permanent decision until they are ready, there are so many wanting to return.
AA could also announce the recall of ALL remaining furloughed and schedule classes as they need. This would allow for the company to immediately begin gearing up for "new hires". JMHO

There is no advantage for those who were 50 at the time of furlough. For those who were under 50, if they don't return they get nothing for their years of service. If they return, they can resign and then get passes and insurance when they're at normal retirement age, 55.

I have a feeling the numbers reflect the retirement list's habit of falling behind reality. I doubt if 17 recallees just quit; I think it more likely that most of those numbers are people who decided not to come back, but the posting of their names was delayed by a month or so.

MK

I have a feeling the numbers reflect the retirement list's habit of falling behind reality. I doubt if 17 recallees just quit; I think it more likely that most of those numbers are people who decided not to come back, but the posting of their names was delayed by a month or so.

MK

You are correct. In fact the website states that people listed as July retirements actually retired in June.

You are correct. In fact the website states that people listed as July retirements actually retired in June.

Plus, wouldn't a furloughed flight attendant have their name on the list under the STL base, where as if a recall f/a retired, it would have LGA, DCA, or BOS, because that is the base they were active at?

Plus, wouldn't a furloughed flight attendant have their name on the list under the STL base, where as if a recall f/a retired, it would have LGA, DCA, or BOS, because that is the base they were active at?

Also correct. However, there are a number of AA flight attendants from other bases that have asked me...

1. Oh, you're based at St. Louis. Are you TWA?
2. All of the recalled f/as are going to the St. Louis base, correct? When I answer, no, the response is "but, I thought they all have to stay in St. Louis. That was part of the purchase agreement--that they couldn't transfer to other bases." :eek:

God forbid that some of them would actually read the SIA or their own contract.

Also correct. However, there are a number of AA flight attendants from other bases that have asked me...

1. Oh, you're based at St. Louis. Are you TWA?
2. All of the recalled f/as are going to the St. Louis base, correct? When I answer, no, the response is "but, I thought they all have to stay in St. Louis. That was part of the purchase agreement--that they couldn't transfer to other bases." :eek:

God forbid that some of them would actually read the SIA or their own contract.

You really do exhibit a great deal of disdain for your coworkers. I find it hard to believe that everybody you fly with is lazy, stupid, ignorant and selfish.

How wonderful it must be to be as perfect as you. :rolleyes:

Actually, it is. :up:

(And, it's not the f/as I work with that are the problem. The f/as at SLT are great! The f/as that give me a problem are the ones from the more "senior" bases who have never bothered to read an HI6, a Jetmail, or their contract and rely totally upon galley gossip.)

(And, it's not the f/as I work with that are the problem. The f/as at SLT are great! The f/as that give me a problem are the ones from the more "senior" bases who have never bothered to read an HI6, a Jetmail, or their contract and rely totally upon galley gossip.)

If you are based at SLT, with predominantly Super 80 flying, your exposure to those flight attendants from the more "senior" bases would be minimal.

It seems to me you just like to complain and find fault with others. :rolleyes:

And, you must be psychic that you can tell someone's feelings, beliefs, and attitude from a text post. More likely, you are reading your own contempt for others into my posts. Have fun. It must be wonderful to be you and be psychic and so sour all at the same time.

Not unlike any other carrier. We will always have people that put more stock in gossip rather than find out the facts. Usually I figure out more of the details/loop holes of our contract when it affects me personally. I still find it humorous when flight attendants quote the previous contract rules. My favorite is when they list their trips in HIBOARD and the remarks read 241 only. Some people still don't know the we have unlimited OE's.

And, you must be psychic that you can tell someone's feelings, beliefs, and attitude from a text post. More likely, you are reading your own contempt for others into my posts. Have fun. It must be wonderful to be you and be psychic and so sour all at the same time.

Just going on what you write. You cannot resist, in each post, to portray AA flight attendants as nothing more than gum-chewing, People-magazine-reading, ignorant messes who wouldn't know how to get out of their own way. Certainly, we have our share of laggards, but so do all airlines, but, according to you, everybody you fly with is that way.

Sour? LOL "Hello, pot? Kettle calling..."

Just going on what you write. You cannot resist, in each post, to portray AA flight attendants as nothing more than gum-chewing, People-magazine-reading, ignorant messes who wouldn't know how to get out of their own way. Certainly, we have our share of laggards, but so do all airlines, but, according to you, everybody you fly with is that way.

Sour? LOL "Hello, pot? Kettle calling..."

............................. SNOOZE ..........................................

Have a look at this threat from one of your co-workers:

1/1Re:Me, BITTER ? ( From: Nor'Easta )

APFA did not furlough you. AA did that. I wish everyone could return to work; we need all of you! But, your attitude on this board flat out SUCKS! Don't #### to all of us, #### to AA! When you do get recalled and you come back with that attitude, you will get eaten alive on the line.

Hope to see you back one day. Minu...
Nor'Easta is a member of the Registered Member group and has 337 posts.