Fraudulent E-mail = VIRUS

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
I received the fraudulent e-mail, did not click on any links, but my McAfee Anti-Virus went off with bells and whistles.

The e-mail placed a trojan in the temporary internet file folder of your computer and should be cleaned and deleted, then scan your computer with a reputable virus scan.

Even after McAfee attempted to remedy the infected temp internet file, there was still a loop from McAfee to the file.

I would advise extreme caution to anyone not running a reputable virus scan/protection.

I received the fraudulent e-mail, did not click on any links, but my McAfee Anti-Virus went off with bells and whistles.

The e-mail placed a trojan in the temporary internet file folder of your computer and should be cleaned and deleted, then scan your computer with a reputable virus scan.

Even after McAfee attempted to remedy the infected temp internet file, there was still a loop from McAfee to the file.

I would advise extreme caution to anyone not running a reputable virus scan/protection.
Does the e-mail subject say "Virus Alert (USAviation)". I see it in my yahoo e-mail but cannot access yahoo from where I am at. If so, I got the same e-mail this morning at 7:30 Central time. Thanks for the warning.

Does the e-mail subject say "Virus Alert (USAviation)". I see it in my yahoo e-mail but cannot access yahoo from where I am at. If so, I got the same e-mail this morning at 7:30 Central time. Thanks for the warning.

Is it the "Batman" email I received this morning? USAviation stopped working in IE after I received it...

Is it the "Batman" email I received this morning? USAviation stopped working in IE after I received it...

I do not remember the exact name or content of the e-mail and it is deleted now, it was an e-mail that appeared to be from USAviation and had some hypertext links in the content, USAVATION stopped working when I entered forums the first time after receiving this e-mail, this triggered McAfee to notify of trojan virus.

McAfee cleaned trojan, but it cycled back. Only after deleting ALL temporary internet files, and a full scan did computer get back to normal operation.

Please consider deleting your temporary internet files and then scanning your computer with a reputable virus scan.

Interesting enough also, is the fact that the USAviation forum pages never seem to complete loading in IE. The site may still have issues to resolve from the hack.

We removed script from the forum template that should have been causing the problems. Is anyone still experiencing slowness issues/issues with files trying to upload to your computers?

We removed script from the forum template that should have been causing the problems. Is anyone still experiencing slowness issues/issues with files trying to upload to your computers?

Seems to be behaving.

IE blew chunks with the virus.

Firefox had no problems loading the website and ingnoring the trojan.

I opened the Batman email as well (why not? I thought my antivirus program was supposed to pick up stuff like that). I went through a rather elaborate procedure to eliminate it, only to find it suddenly reappeared when I clicked on US Aviation. I'm typing this from my wife's computer, afraid to access the site from my own.

Eventually I deleted the entire directory the virus resided in from a command prompt. Let's see what happens.

MK

Please consider deleting your temporary internet files and then scanning your computer with a reputable virus scan.

That is good general advice. Whenever my computer gets slow on the internet, I do it, and always have improvement. I should do it once a week, but sometimes forget.

I deleted the E-mail without opening it and deleted all temporary internet files. It seems to have stopped this virus. Does anybody know how to get rid of the PTO virus that continuely infests this site?