Free Passes,

Sep 2, 2002
Company news... US Airways is introducing a special program for the holiday travel season that recognizes the commitment of front-line employees to customers and provides travel and other incentives for being at work as scheduled throughout the holiday season and for volunteering to work and being assigned overtime or additional trips during peak travel dates.

Under the Holiday Operations Reward Program, mainline and MidAtlantic Airways operating group employees who work their assigned schedule without absence beginning Nov. 18, 2004, and continuing through Jan. 5, 2005, will receive two space positive passes.

In addition, employees who meet this program requirement and who voluntarily make themselves available to work a shift or trip requiring coverage during specific days in November, December and January, will receive an additional two space positive passes.

This is sooo cool, free passes on an airline that might shut it's doors any day now! And to think, all I have to do is show up, and maybe work a little overtime. NO WAY I'm quitting this baby, they really know how to take care of their employees! This will certainly show all you naysayers! :up:

Front Line? I guess all the rest of us "non front line" do not matter and its ok to use the days we have earned? :up:

I can never tell what this company tries to do but I do know we have some wonderful employees who sincerely care about others, no strings attached. Read my Thanks thread (my last two) and if you can find it in your heart to show alittle care, show support to a sick little boy who was on my flight. :up: ;)

A lottery will also be held for all eligible employees
in this program. Winners will get to choose from
tickets to sports events, passes on other airlines,
gift cards for cell phones, laptop computers and more.
Details, such as which employee groups are eligible and
which work days are considered critical, and how to
apply for passes, etc., will be available soon on
theHub and through each department's management
[/
This is classic of managements technique of dividing the employees. I guess it won't matter if the non-front line employees work on the critical days.
BTW...Where is the money coming from to fund this so called lottery?
This on top to Lakefields' interview with the Observer...I guess we should all GET OVER IT!!

i bet the monies coming from mr lakefields .....tight a**ed change purse,,,, .......NOT>>>>>> :angry:

who else do you think.... the monies to support this lottery is coming from
the employees who else!!!!! :ph34r:

maybe pennies from heaven.... :p

that is insulting us again... does it ever stop........
take away our last shred of dignity......

TravelGirl21,

What is the problem with being rewarded for good attendance? Is there anything this airline can do that is worthy of any support.

What a pathetic and poisoned attitude here.

Very very sad....

TravelGirl21 said:
i bet the monies coming from mr lakefields .....tight a**ed change purse,,,, .......NOT>>>>>> :angry:

who else do you think.... the monies to support this lottery is coming from
the employees who else!!!!! :ph34r:

maybe pennies from heaven.... :p

that is insulting us again... does it ever stop........
take away our last shred of dignity......
[post="199121"][/post]​

mr use your head...

yes its great,,, that mgmt wants to reward us....

lets's be realistic.... in other words... use your head.... (no pun intended)

think long and hard why they are doing this..
then maybe you will realize whats really going on......

Don't use your sick days now because we want to pay you 50% of it's value at a later time.

I am glad the company is willing to do something to try to boost morale. It is so sad that morale is so bad that this is looked upon suspiciously by some employees. Well, they reap what they sow. This program is a good start. I would like to hope that it is the begining of a turnaround in their attitude towards labor.

Sadly, I still believe this is just like the presidential election. It is probably just an attempt to win over the few undecideds. They want to give some incentives for them to show up when others start calling in sick.

Oh well, call me cynical too!

A free positive space flight in one hand and taking some sick days off in the other hand, which do you choose???????????? :huh: How about the positive space and a paid day off, now we're talking. :p

UseYourHead said:
TravelGirl21,

What is the problem with being rewarded for good attendance? Is there anything this airline can do that is worthy of any support.

[post="199124"][/post]​

Ah UYH...

The question is what is the problem with rewarding good attendance now *WHEN* for the past number of years good attendance and morale incentives have been wholly ignored by management?

See, people get used to a relative degree of neglect.

When you start to implement initiatives like this, it only highlights past neglect and makes the airline seem desperate and self-serving.

BT