From Plane Business

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
"I am convinced, as are others I talk to, that there is formidable support out there among US Airways' employees for a strike against the airline. Last week I talked here about the growing concern that AFA leaders might use the situation at US Airways as a "sacrificial" lamb, in an attempt to garner the "attention" of United Airlines. (Not a strategy I see as particularly clearly thought out.)

However, the legal issues here are not as clear-cut as many seem to believe, including labor union leaders......."

So it REALLY looks like UAL AFA is trying to save their's at the expense of the uairways attendants. i wonder if the usairways attendants are ok with this.
reminds me of how the AA attendants really shafted the twa attendants.

if i was a usairways f/a i'd tell ual to fly a kite........

:down:

I think it was spock who said....

the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few(5,000), or the one

if you don't think a union(afa) would sell out a small group of its members to save a much larger portion.....
just look at alpa's practices in the past

Read the excerpt carefully (and keep in mind we are only getting a little piece of what the OP wanted us to see):

skyflyr69 said:
"I am convinced, as are others I talk to, that there is formidable support out there among US Airways' employees for a strike against the airline.

Among U employees. So from there we make the jump that AFA leadership wants to sacrifice U? If the U employees don't want to strike, they won't, no matter what the evil "national unions" want.

Last week I talked here about the growing concern that AFA leaders might use the situation at US Airways as a "sacrificial" lamb, in an attempt to garner the "attention" of United Airlines.

Growing concern? Among whom? On what is that statement based? The normal anti-union people here and at Plane Business? People just wanting to stir up the fear of the unknown? I wonder what the rest of this article said. We are getting the severely edited A320pilot version with the usual commentary to connect the dots and lead to only one conclusion, showing just what the OP wants us to see and no more.

So it REALLY looks like UAL AFA is trying to save their's at the expense of the uairways attendants.
Actually, the semtiment at UA is just the reverse-- that UA is being asked to be the sacrificial lamb. And in any case, AFA Int'l and the other AFA carriers seem to hate UAL F/As-- after all, we were against the grand Pat Friend plan of merging with CWA. And, again, it doesn't matter what "UAL AFA" wants. Only U F/As will decide if they want to take any type of job action. I'm not seeing the connection between what "UAL AFA" wants, and what U F/As will decide on their own to do.

OK, the point... Each AFA unit, at U, UA, and elsewhere, will vote for themselves on any job action. The national / int'l levels have nothing to do with it. If you think otherwise, you really don't understand how AFA is structured. If the members at a particular airline don't want to strike or CHAOS, they will vote it down. There is no secret man behind the curtain that will control the outcome of the vote, no matter how much certain people like to make it seem otherwise.

Duh,

Does anyone think that other airline would not be happy to see U go away?

That would be a coup in many ways for others, and there are plenty around here that cannot wait to fall on their sword for them.

DUH!

skyflyr69 said:
So it REALLY looks like UAL AFA is trying to save their's at the expense of the uairways attendants. i wonder if the usairways attendants are ok with this.
reminds me of how the AA attendants really shafted the twa attendants.

if i was a usairways f/a i'd tell ual to fly a kite........

:down:
[post="206160"][/post]​

Feel free to waste your money.

A strike is not illegal after a contract has been abrogated.

Go educate yourself.

Bluestreak said:
If an illegal AFA strike causes me to loose a dime of pay, I'm going to organize a class action lawsuit against the AFA on behalf of all express pilots.
[post="226712"][/post]​
R O A R !!!!!!!! Feel the wraith!

Bluestreak said:
If an illegal AFA strike causes me to loose a dime of pay, I'm going to organize a class action lawsuit against the AFA on behalf of all express pilots.
[post="226712"][/post]​

If Self-Help is all that remains to defend even a lost cause then so be it!

On another but not unrelated note - When is Management going to give back as much as all the US Air employee groups have? These are indeed desperate times, so why isn't the executive suite suffering also? Other than the fact that they are so talented and must be retained at all costs. B)

700UW said:
Feel free to waste your money.

A strike is not illegal after a contract has been abrogated.

Go educate yourself.
[post="226715"][/post]​

Illegal or not, all it takes is one reasonably good lawyer and one fairly sympathetic jury and AFA will be cutting a check.

A320 Driver

Illegal or not, all it takes is one reasonably good lawyer and one fairly sympathetic jury and AFA will be cutting a check.

What is truly a shame is that USAirways would think nothing of spending money on lawyers to bust labor....when what they should have done with their money is hire one or two folks who could actually manage an airline.

:up: I Just Found My GREEN CHAOS Shirt in the Closet...And it Still Fits!!!
YEAH!!!!! Vote YES!! :up:

ELP_WN_Psgr said:

What is truly a shame is that USAirways would think nothing of spending money on lawyers to bust labor....when what they should have done with their money is hire one or two folks who could actually manage an airline.
[post="226852"][/post]​

Good point.

A320 Driver

Latest posts