From the People who Know

plane_mech

May 23, 2008
Hi employees of SWA,
I am new to this forum and I have been offered the opportunity to test for the A&P mechanics position(which I am excited about). Since I started in aviation in 1992 my only goal has been to work for SWA, unfortunately I never had any chance until now. The problem is that at this point in my life I am not sure if I can take the step backwards, in pay and position, I have been in management for some other major airlines and now I am working in Saudi Arabia as a mechanic, good pay but no benefits(health,retirement, etc...). My big question is , IS it still worth it to work there? Are things still good for employees? This decision is weighing heavily on me, at one point I would have taken a job mopping floors to get in there, and I probably still would, I am just worried about surviving on the pay? Please tell me what u think, it will help me make a huge decision for me and my family. Thanks.

Hi employees of SWA,
I am new to this forum and I have been offered the opportunity to test for the A&P mechanics position(which I am excited about). Since I started in aviation in 1992 my only goal has been to work for SWA, unfortunately I never had any chance until now. The problem is that at this point in my life I am not sure if I can take the step backwards, in pay and position, I have been in management for some other major airlines and now I am working in Saudi Arabia as a mechanic, good pay but no benefits(health,retirement, etc...). My big question is , IS it still worth it to work there? Are things still good for employees? This decision is weighing heavily on me, at one point I would have taken a job mopping floors to get in there, and I probably still would, I am just worried about surviving on the pay? Please tell me what u think, it will help me make a huge decision for me and my family. Thanks.

8 years with the company and I still love my job. I can't say that about any other job i have had.... Go for the A&P job. I have some friends that made the move and love it. The only thing to consider is you will probably be starting out in MDW