Frontier Air could face serious cash crunch

WASHINGTON, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Frontier Airlines Inc. (FRNT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) , gearing up for stiffer competition at its Denver hub from low-cost power Southwest Airlines (LUV.N: Quote, Profile, Research) , on Tuesday warned investors that it faces a potential cash crunch that could jeopardize its business.

Frontier Cash Crisis

I love this classic line uttered by Frontier Management:
"The future activities of United, Southwest, and other carriers may have a material effect on our revenues and results of operations."
Well, duh! :shock:

No...Fishy told me directly that F9 is not concerned about what WN and UA are doing. Their choices are not influenced by other carriers according to Fishy. :rolleyes:

We'll be just fine! Don't you all worry to much about F9, we'll just keep on going and going and going just like the energizer bunny! :up:

Personally, I've never noticed Duracell batteries to last significantly longer than any other brand.

But good on ya, fishy, for keeping a smiling face on while your employer crashes all around you. I like your spunk! It's good to keep your chin up in the face of bad news, especially during that period when you can't quite admit to the reality of the situation yet. And it will come in handy when you are looking for that next job in a little while.

(I just hope your reputation doesn't precede you.)

We'll see Bear as UniTED continues to lose millions, we'll see!

====================================================

Fish,

You KNOW, I've never "broke your balls" on this web site !!

(by the same token, the folks at UA have had every right to.)

With that said, The prospects of surviving with WN in you back yard, coupled with a UA, that I'm "reasonably" sure will become "dangerous" again(in DEN), is NOT looking(long term) good for Frontier !!

I wish you well, I do !

NH/BB's

Well, well, well, Fishy...

Looks like you may have to eat some crow. Just remember that what goes around comes around. Looks like F9 may be coming on some hard times just as UA is finishing it's restructuring. And as things get tough for you, I won't have an ounce of sympathy considering your bad-mouth-reputation.

Enjoy the hard times my friend. You deserve everything that comes your way. :lol:

That yahoo report was completely blowing things out of proportion. It was just the standard comments in the "risks" section of their report, from what I understand. F9 would be totally remiss if they hadn't discussed the impact of WN's announcement, but I don't think there's anything new here.

Exactly SVQLBA, totally blown out of proportion. From company internal memos everyone knows that F9 will find the financing for the 4 ACFT we are scheduled to buy this year. And we'll continue our growth plans that have been in place for the past year. We'll see who will be eating crow LOL :D

Exactly SVQLBA, totally blown out of proportion. From company internal memos everyone knows that F9 will find the financing for the 4 ACFT we are scheduled to buy this year. And we'll continue our growth plans that have been in place for the past year. We'll see who will be eating crow LOL :D

Internal memos are DESIGNED to spin things positively so that you all don't leave in droves (as I've mentioned...there is already that issue at F9). I have heard quite contradictory info...not that F9 would fold but that they are definitely struggling (expansion ain't cheap) and were well before WN showed up on their doorstep. I hope you're right, Fishy, b/c I do like F9 and would like to see them succeed but you have to take a slice of realism in life and understand that there are market forces and they are far stronger than F9's balance sheet right now.