Frontier To Star In Reality Show

enilria

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
From yahoo...and previously from the Rocky Mountain News. Looks like it will not focus on the customer like Airline, but rather on the employees.

Reality Show Details...
by: frontierno1 07/05/05 02:56 pm
Msg: 20202 of 20203

This is great for Frontier...
We will be featured on a national level all over the US...Especially good on the east coast where we are kinda unknown...
The show will start in the fall...There will be 18 30-minute episodes. It will take place at our GO. Filming will last until August. It is tentatively named "Flight Attendant School" however Frontier is working on a more creative name. Oh, and it will air on the Travel Channel.
Sounds great! -Until the walk up to my gate with cameras :)

Had the opportunity to watch a couple episodes of this show on the Travel Channel and really liked it. Frontier seems like a FUN company to work for (most are when they are smaller) and it appears they really GET IT when it comes to customer service. Been to Denver several times over the last couple months and I hope the locals appreciate the "hometown airline" and continue to SUPPORT them. What a shock to lose the Director of Training.....seemed like a really upbeat person and someone with immense compassion. :up:

What strikes me about this show is that despite strong assertions on these boards (Mr. Fishy) that F9 is NOT WN and in no way wants to emulate them, F9 sure is copying WN's publicity tactics. Seems like a very minor twist on an otherwise cloned idea (anyone hear of "Airline"?).

I watched a marothon of these a couple weeks ago on the Travel Channel and LOVED them. And I think I'm in luv! Is Chris the name of the cutie who was with a regional before?

What strikes me about this show is that despite strong assertions on these boards (Mr. Fishy) that F9 is NOT WN and in no way wants to emulate them, F9 sure is copying WN's publicity tactics. Seems like a very minor twist on an otherwise cloned idea (anyone hear of "Airline"?).
Think what You may but as far as myself (and I can also speak for family, friends & coworkers) I WOULD buy on ticket to fly on FRONTIER, not on swa. Hopefully the people of Denver realize a gem of a Company they have in FRONTIER and shun that Texas cattlecar operator. (BTW spare me the details of how successful/profitable THEY ARE)

Astrolounge says, "Think what You may but as far as myself (and I can also speak for family, friends & coworkers) I WOULD buy on ticket to fly on FRONTIER, not on swa. Hopefully the people of Denver realize a gem of a Company they have in FRONTIER and shun that Texas cattlecar operator."

Thanks Asrolounge, there are still some here in the Denver METRO area that remember just what Frontier has and will ALWAYS mean to the state Colorado. I can still remember seeing Frontier jetting off at Stapelton airport competing with UniTED and Continental here. And it's amazing how we still do that today :up: ! Frontier has a BIG Denver market, I know lots of folks here that if available won't fly anyone but F9, thanks for supproting your HOMETOWN AIRLINE.

Un-like the local government who will kiss anyones ass to make a buck. SWA won't be here long when Denver finally learns that they aren't here for the people of Colorado but only here to try to fill they're dwindling coffers. :p

F9 will be the bomb in Denver FOREVER! :up:

F9 will be the bomb in Denver FOREVER! :up:

Of course, in airline-speak, "forever" is 3 years. There's a lot more to being a successful "hometown" airline than a zip code.

(Fish -- I'd be careful about using the "b" word in reference to any airline. You tend to wind up on security watch lists for such things!)

LOL Damn swa airline show does not compare in quality with F9. The Travel Channel produced a much better show of a much better airline, Personally i have flown swa once but never twice.....I dont find them a Good Airline.....I truely think Greyhound.....cattle car and rude.......see i have seen airline

LOL Damn swa airline show does not compare in quality with F9. The Travel Channel produced a much better show of a much better airline, Personally i have flown swa once but never twice.....I dont find them a Good Airline.....I truely think Greyhound.....cattle car and rude.......see i have seen airline

Most of life is open seating. Movie theatres. Public transit. Most affordable restaurants. Parking lots. Curbside spots for watching parades. SWA is just that: life in motion.

Airlines that try to be everything to everybody usually wind up being nothing to no one very soon.

....cattle car and rude.......see i have seen airline

You've blown your credibility with that one: One could conceivably rag on WN for a variety of things one may not like--but give me a break--"rude"?!
One thing I have never, EVER, encountered, in almost 25 years, is a "rude" Southwest employee (er, "Employee'), either on the ground or in the air!

One thing I have never, EVER, encountered, in almost 25 years, is a "rude" Southwest employee (er, "Employee'), either on the ground or in the air!

I wish I could say rude folks didn't exist at SWA, but even Employees occasionally have a bad day. Usually, however, we just vent to each other and leave the passengers out of the fray.

The theory of A&E's program is this: if you shoot enough footage at four of SWA's busiest airports for an entire week you can find enough rudeness to almost fill up 30 minutes of pseudo-reality TV.

But to get back to the thread ...

As much as I'm not a fan of A&E's presentation of the few realities of airline travel (as they say, "we all have our baggage!") I still prefer it over programming featuring the artificial training environment. Put the 20-somethings (plus the one token 52 year old) on the line and let's see 'em do their stuff for real!

At the end of tonight's show, it had a dedication to "Pam" the senior instructor/director. It noted that she passed away in 2005. Does anybody know the details? Thoughts to her family.

At the end of tonight's show, it had a dedication to "Pam" the senior instructor/director. It noted that she passed away in 2005. Does anybody know the details? Thoughts to her family.
If I recall she passed away due to a blood clot in late December, the week between the holidays. Tragic indeed.

I wish I could say rude folks didn't exist at SWA, but even Employees occasionally have a bad day. Usually, however, we just vent to each other and leave the passengers out of the fray.

The theory of A&E's program is this: if you shoot enough footage at four of SWA's busiest airports for an entire week you can find enough rudeness to almost fill up 30 minutes of pseudo-reality TV.

But to get back to the thread ...

As much as I'm not a fan of A&E's presentation of the few realities of airline travel (as they say, "we all have our baggage!") I still prefer it over programming featuring the artificial training environment. Put the 20-somethings (plus the one token 52 year old) on the line and let's see 'em do their stuff for real!

As a flight attendant with Frontier, I have to say that the Travel Channel choose us and not the other way around. We are pleased so far with the outcome because the show is basically giving us free advertising and promoting tourism for Denver Colorado. Of course, we're competing with Southwest, but also with United, US Air, JetBlue, etc. It's a 'business'. :)
Yes, Unfortunately, our In-Flight Director (VP) died unexpectedly after Christmas. I saw and gave her a hug (because, she was that type of a manager) before Christmas at the airport and the next week she had phemonia, was taken to the hospital, and lost conciesness. When the doctors tried to revive her, a blood clot traveled to her heart. It's a great loss to the company and our department. The women was very vibriant so it was a huge surprise and shock to us all. She was only 52.

**Edited to Merge Posts Only**-P

I was stunned by yesterdays shows. They kept the lady who was sleeping in class and the managers talked about having to weigh everything in making their decision to keep her. Do they remember that they fired a the lady on the first day when she was 4 minutes late from break after getting locked out of the building. Overall, very interesting to see behind the scenes. just my thoughts........