Fuel Prices

nimbus

Jan 15, 2003
Is anyone clear on the situation on US carriers in relation to cash positions of the airlines (including UA and U) and the jet fuel prices? I am aware that many airlines hedge but the extent and cost of hedging has not been discussed in quite a long time. An some point, fuel prices must be eating huge holes into the bottom line and possibly more bankruptcies.
With the cost of fuel being such a huge expense and the recent climb of jet fuel prices, I am surprised we haven''t heard nor seen more speculation on its impact towards an airlines operation, profit/loss, and for some airlines their very survival. Also, how does fuel prices affect the majors vs. the companies like B6, LUV, and ATA?
Thanks.
Michael
I am aware that AA has been very deliberate in removing any excess weight to lower fuel usage; are other major airlines being as aggressive?

AAquila

Senior
Sep 22, 2002
Nothing needs to be said, America's response is to take down Saddam and in turn stabilize the fuel prices for eons.

Thank God.

Now I can continue driving my foreign built SUV that displays a US flag sticker that says United we stand.

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/15/2003 1:48:21 PM AAquila wrote:

Nothing need to be said, America's response is to take down Saddam and in turn stabilize the fuel prices for eons.

Thank God.

Now I can continue driving my foreign built SUV that displays a US flag sticker that says United we stand.

----------------
[/blockquote]